Suitors for Ogunleye according to "Huddle Report" positional needs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Suitors for Ogunleye according to "Huddle Report" positional needs

RUDEbyallMEANS

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Position by Poisition chart for needs of each team (Huddle Report)

According to this site, the Jacksonville Jaguars and the Houston Texans are in dire need of DE help.. Jaguars have the 9th pick and the Texans have the 10th pick..

From there, you also have the following teams in need of DE help: Chiefs (30th), Raiders(won't happen, they have #2 pick), Cowboys (22nd), Redskins (5th, won't happen), Packers (24th), Niners (16th), Cardinals (3rd won't happen), and the Seahawks with the 23rd pick ..

I would really like to see the Niners, Jaguars and Texans go strong for Ogun..

It looks like Seahawks are the suitors at this point based on cap evaluations of the other teams.

The jags pick would be just right and we would have the 20th pick that would be awesome. QB and WR top players we would be right. Get o-linemen later in the draft because u usually can find good Linemen in the later rounds. Just an Opinion.

Ogunleye would have to add 20lbs to play DE in Houston's 3-4 defense. If it weren't for his size I'd list NE as a possible suitor too.

Originally posted by SMadison29
Ogunleye would have to add 20lbs to play DE in Houston's 3-4 defense. If it weren't for his size I'd list NE as a possible suitor too.

beat me to that comment.

add the vikings to that list, maybe not on the huddle report, but in reality, they will look at him, he would fill a big need for them.

That Huddle Report must've not paid too much attention to the Dolphins this year....they don't have the O-Line very high on the priority list.

I just wanna know who's the player that will start at LDE if Wally's gone like you guys all seem to want.Everyone here keeps on talking about who we can draft if we get a 1st and a 3rd for him but nobody's talking about who'll replace the best player we had on defence this year. Can anyone clear that out for me? I know we can use a QB and a WR but do we want to do away with all those sacks? He OUTPLAYED JT this past season and I don't wanna hear about double teams. I hope Wally stays.

Ozzy rules!!

Danny has a really good point. Who would we replace O-Gun with? Remember the years w/ Marino and no matter how many points he scored we still lost becuase of defense. Lets not sell the farm on Defense just for a few more points and the same (or worse) record.

DB

Outplayed JT? JT had more sacks AND was double teamed all season. I like OG, I really do, he's a great DE, but we CAN NOT PAY FOR ANOTHER TOP TIER DEFENSIVE PLAYER ON THIS TEAM.

What do people not understand about this?

THIS off season he's an RFA. We're allready 11+ million over the cap. And we STILL have to resign Chambers. WHERE WILL THE MONEY FOR WALLY COME FROM? We can tag him and hope no one takes him right!

WRONG. We CAN do that, but then next year he's an UFA. What good would that do?! He's leave and we'd get NOTHING. We might as well take the picks for Wally and wish him the best. Great player, too bad we can't afford to have him on our team.

Originally posted by SurtainRulz23
Chambers isnt a FA
Ogunleye had 4 more sacks than Taylor

2 more sacks, and 5 more tackles for O-gun. Difference? JT was CONSTANTLY double teamed. I'm not down playing his talent, but he did NOT show up JT. To say so is rediculous. It's like saying that Minor outplayed Ricky because his 4.7 yard rushing average was higher than Ricky's 3.5 yard average. Want to know why? because when Ricky is in, defenses key on him, when he's out, they don't focus on Minor, he's less of a threat. JT is more of a threat, HE took the double team, O-gun reaped the benefits.

And Chambers will be a RFA after next season. There's something called keeping players happy. He is our true #1 receiver, the best on our team, yet he makes almost half of what Thomson makes, and less than a third of what McKnight makes. You have to treat your stars right, he's our star and his contract is due up. We have to resign him, to do otherwise would be rediculous.

On Chambers....resigning him now would prevent this same situation with O-Gun next year for Chambers would it not?

I like seeing players get signed a year or so before they are UFAs....shows you recognize their skills, while at the same time prevents the team from having to possibly pay a GRUNCH load more the next year to keep the player.

Would allow the Bills to take Ogunleye for their 1st and 3rd round pick??

Ogun to bills... Would that be OK with all of you??

I would re-think it, but I'd do it..

Back
Top Bottom