Sun Sentinel Poll results | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sun Sentinel Poll results

Originally posted by Phin-o-rama

bah i say! how in the world do you know if he won't succeed...there is no telling whatsoever until he drops back to pass.......

Check out this interview with the Denver Post's Columnist Woody Paige

http://www.phinzone.com/Interviews/interviewarch23.htm

I think this sums up Griese quite nicely....I died laughing when I read it because it is so blatant and candid it is on the verge of being mean...

some excerpts:

MO: Are you surprised very few teams showed interest in Brian Griese?
WP: No, he can't play. He has no passion for the game as Mike Shanahan told me privately, Griese has to be perfect to be successful, and he wasn't.

MO: What went wrong for Brian Griese in Denver?
WP: He can't play.

MO: Was the pressure of following John Elway too much for Griese to handle?
WP: No. He can't play.

MO: Will the pressure of playing in the same city where Brian's dad is a legend be too much for him to handle?
WP: No, because it doesn't matter. He won't start, and when he does play, people will find out he can't play.

MO: Who do you think are the top teams in the AFC heading into next season?
WP: Denver Broncos because Griese is gone and Miami if Griese doesn't start.

MO: Do you feel Brian Griese will have a successful stint in Miami?
WP: Of course not, as everyone there will soon learn. He has no arm, no passion, no idea of what to do when the play breaks down and he's not a nice person

Originally posted by jbond

Check out this interview with the Denver Post's Columnist Woody Paige

http://www.phinzone.com/Interviews/interviewarch23.htm

I think this sums up Griese quite nicely....I died laughing when I read it because it is so blatant and candid it is on the verge of being mean...

If you ever watch "Around the Horn" on ESPN, you will notice that Woddy Paige is a mean and flippant guy. So I would rarely put any credence into anything that he says.

yeah, the end of the interview was starting to attack Griese personally, not just his playing ability,....like i said, i kind of agree with him, but I don't believe it that forcefully (i think you can sense sort of an underlying "denver" we hate you Brian tone in it). I think Griese can still be a decent QB but I think his time for primtime is past. Just my opinion....

Back
Top Bottom