"SUNDAY TICKET" QUESTION... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"SUNDAY TICKET" QUESTION...

USMC_GUNZ

Semper Fin
Reaction score
I JUST SAW THE "SUPER FAN" PACKAGE AND IT SAID SOMETHING ABOUT WATCHING FOOTBALL GAMES IN HD. I THOUGHT REGULAR SUNDAY TICKET WAS SUPPOSED TO BE IN HIGH DEF AS WELL. I CANT SEE PAYING AN EXTRA 100 BUCKS TO WATCH THE GAMES IN HIGH DEF....:fire:

USMC_GUNZ said:
I JUST SAW THE "SUPER FAN" PACKAGE AND IT SAID SOMETHING ABOUT WATCHING FOOTBALL GAMES IN HD. I THOUGHT REGULAR SUNDAY TICKET WAS SUPPOSED TO BE IN HIGH DEF AS WELL. I CANT SEE PAYING AN EXTRA 100 BUCKS TO WATCH THE GAMES IN HIGH DEF....:fire:

LOL, yep. Gotta pay an extra $100 this year for HD games now.

If you have had SUNDAY TICKET in the past then its only $49 for this season. Then it goes to $100 next year. So you catch a break for this year.

I got an offer in the mail to upgrade to the HD Plus package for 49.99 in addition to the 200 they are raping me for already to get the Ticket. I have been a subscriber for the last 2 years also though. Being as my one year commitment has come and gone I will be giving them a call and telling them either they give me the HD DVR receiver so I can get this package or I am taking my business elsewhere. It worked last year when I threatened the same thing and got this DVR(which is an absolute godsend, by the way). :)
To answer your question.........No, the regular Ticket does not include HD, you have to upgrade to get it.

Mfinsrule said:
I got an offer in the mail to upgrade to the HD Plus package for 49.99 in addition to the 200 they are raping me for already to get the Ticket. I have been a subscriber for the last 2 years also though. Being as my one year commitment has come and gone I will be giving them a call and telling them either they give me the HD DVR receiver so I can get this package or I am taking my business elsewhere. It worked last year when I threatened the same thing and got this DVR(which is an absolute godsend, by the way). :)
To answer your question.........No, the regular Ticket does not include HD, you have to upgrade to get it.

An HD DVR reciever is over $800. I don't think they will just hand that over to you. It's their top of the line product. Give it a shot though.

if its only 100$ more its worth it i have it but i dont know how much more it is my mom does that but it looks so good it looks like your there its amazing

MikeO said:
An HD DVR reciever is over $800. I don't think they will just hand that over to you. It's their top of the line product. Give it a shot though.

AAAAACH!!!:eek: Holy Crap!! Looks like I got my work cut out for me to con them out of that then. ;) Wish me luck.

Last year, the base package included 2 or 3 HD games per week.

This year, the HD games have been moved to the SuperFan package (which is only $49 for renewal subscribers) but that includes more than 100 Sunday afternoon games and all of the ESPN games in HD. The SuperFan package also includes the Red Zone channel (which takes you around to the games where a team is about to score), two Game Mix channels (eight games on the same screen), and Short Cuts (which condenses all of the plays from a game into 30 minutes). I got it so that I can store the entire 2005 Dolphin season on four VCR tapes.

I'd love to get the HD package, but I would have to upgrade my dish, get a HD receiver and get a new TV. For now I'll just keep what I have because I have 5 TV's and 4 receivers and I'am happy with that. I'll still record each game like I always have, but I did up grade my recording. For the past 8-9 years, I've taped everything on vhs, but I went out last year and bought a dvd recorder and I'am now putting games on disc.

I just go to the sportsbar about a mile from my house where the owner has a 10 foot HD big screen, two smaller HD screens, and about 30 tvs for the rest of the games. I would rather shell out $10-$20 and see all the games at the same time and have some great food. The owner usually shows the Dolphins on one of the big screens so I take my $$$$ there.

Is it really costing you 4 payments of $54.75 (219.00$US) to get Sunday Ticket for the year!?!?!?!

I'm in Québec and, thanks to StarChoice, my bill to get Sunday Ticket will be 4 payment of 24.99$CAN (99.96$CAN)!!! Thank you StarChoice!!!

99.96 CAD = 81.9036 USD

Sorry but.......DirectTV really sucks guys!!

kraphtdiner said:
Is it really costing you 4 payments of $54.75 (219.00$US) to get Sunday Ticket for the year!?!?!?!

I'm in Québec and, thanks to StarChoice, my bill to get Sunday Ticket will be 4 payment of 24.99$CAN (99.96$CAN)!!! Thank you StarChoice!!!

99.96 CAD = 81.9036 USD

That's a good deal for you. Now it's your job to make sure that Canada is now Dolphins country.

jeez, glad i cancelled mine last year. i have no trouble paying it, it's just the principle. i had it for two years, and they kept jacking it up. i figure the fins will be on half the time here (sarasota) anyway, so i can use the money to kick it at the sports bar a few blocks away.

kraphtdiner said:

99.96 CAD = 81.9036 USD

NFL is a much hotter commodity in the US than West France. ;) If the NFL tried to sell the Sunday Ticket at $219 USD (which is, what, $300 CAD) I bet they'd sell zero subscriptions. Same reason why hockey rights fees go here for pennies on the dollar for what they do in Canada, even though almost all of your teams have moved here.

Any word on the "choose your camera angles" feature??

"over 100 HD games".......how much you want to bet that won't include very many Fins games. We don't have one primetime game this year! You don't think that's also not going to be translated into the "over 100 games" decision? It's not just primetime....but the fact that the media thinks we suck and won't draw the audience. Let's see....32 teams, 16 weeks 256 games. They're not even going to cover half and we'll be part of the bottom half I'm sure. I also wonder if that "over 100" includes the playoffs and superbowl. If you add on the normal HD package which includes ESPN in HD the magic number goes up to "over 125 games in HD". whoohooooo lol

DirecTV schedule

http://www.directvsports.com/Schedules/Packages/NFLSundayTicket/2005_9.htm

Channels 719 - 733 will be for high def games and of course....they haven't listed who will be played in high def....so all fans pay for the upgrade thinking they get their team in HD when quite a few won't....or only will a few times during the year. Nice marketing ploy though and a way to get subscribers to up the other $10/month to get the other whopping 5 or so channels in HD for the normal HD pkg. and to upgrade people's receivers or dishes. I have the triple-lnb dish but normal receiver but won't pay to upgrade and all the fees for a few channels and only a couple of games. Not worth it imho.

Back
Top Bottom