"SUNDAY TICKET" QUESTION... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"SUNDAY TICKET" QUESTION...

Over 100 Games in HD translates into about 6 HD Games a week. Last year when it was free if you had Sunday ticket they boasted over 115 games but they counted ESPN into that. Not sure if there counting ESPN this time around if so it would bring HD Sunday total per week down to around 5 games a week. FYI All HD DVR's will be made obsolete within 2 years due to change in transmission format to MPEG 4. DTV is going to do swap out of receivers but has not said anything about HD DVR's. Lack of mention leads me to believe you'll be on your own for the cost of that which is the #1 reason I have not adopted that option yet. Were all going to need new Dishes also to hit 5 birds at once. Finally, DirecTV should not be charging anything extra for HD because in a few years it will be the Madatory Format. I believe it is an unjustice to their supporters and just a way to pad thier pockets for a few more years at the expense of thier subscribers. I jumped on board in October 1994 and paid over $2500 to have this system installed Now they're just about giving them away and sorry I didn't wait. The price increases in Sunday Ticket were suppose to be for the future upgrades to The Sunday Package and I believe going by that, The HD should already be paid for......but now were being charged again!

PS: No, that does'nt include playoff games or the SuperBowl in HD.

kraphtdiner said:
Is it really costing you 4 payments of $54.75 (219.00$US) to get Sunday Ticket for the year!?!?!?!

I'm in Québec and, thanks to StarChoice, my bill to get Sunday Ticket will be 4 payment of 24.99$CAN (99.96$CAN)!!! Thank you StarChoice!!!

99.96 CAD = 81.9036 USD

Sorry but.......DirectTV really sucks guys!!

The way to get around that is get 4 recievers and get 3 buds to go in with you and it will only cost $50.00 apiece. They all get to take their recievers to their house and it still works great. Also if they decide to buy a movie or something it will show up as to which reciever bought it so I know who to charge. It cost an extra $5.00 per each extra reciever so I charge them $10.00 per month year round for the extra receiver and then $50.00 for NFL ticket. That knocks off $15.00 per month off my bill and then I only pay $50.00 for NFL Ticket.
To do this you must not hook up the phoneline to the back of the recievers, or at least the other recievers. To order moives and stuff you have to do it online. It works great and I know some other people besides us that are doing the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom