Super Bowl 52 and Jay Ajayi | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Super Bowl 52 and Jay Ajayi

I’d still be glad he’s gone because it’s clear he’s not a fit for this offense and not nearly as talented as Drake but I would be very happy for him and hope he is the MVP.

No ill will towards Ajayi. But i do think he had to go. Drake looks better for our offense and we weren't using him because of Ajayi. By all means go HAM on them Ajayi

In summary, this is how I view the whole Jay Ajayi thing. If I remember right J was drafted in the fifth round because of questions surrounding his knees, or more specifically his meniscus's. He was effective for us once he got going, but there definitely were some issues early on. I think we got a fourth for him, so if that's true it's more than what we paid. That being said, I trust Gase's instincts on this. Whether it was his inability to consistently protect QB in the pocket, or a medical thing, I'm confident the right decision was made. Hopefully, we get it impact on this pick. All that said, I have nothing against Jay and wish him the best, so no reason to be angry if he does well.

Not a fan then?
I am not a fan of any player who puts himself above the team or the system. There are divas and divas. Brady is a diva but even with a jerk like him the NE Patriots system is above him (cheating or not).
JTrain attempted to elevate himself above and beyond the good of the team. I wish him good luck in the future. The Dolphins and him were simply not a good fit.

Thats the same thing they used to say about Shula too.

That was my point. In this post Shula era, Belicheck has proven he can win no matter what adversity.
As much as I hate the Pats and Bill, you have to admire what they have accomplished.
He will likely go down as the greatest coach of all time before he is finished.
Meanwhile the Fins flounder.
Having the right people running the team makes a huge difference.

Ajayi is a very good player and I blame the coaches for not handling the situation well, and the front office for getting almost nothing for a Pro Bowl back.

Agree completely which I rarely do. I was hopeful that Gase might be the next Shula. After the Ajayi senario I certainly am not convinced he is. Maybe a great QB coach and game caller but there is much more to the job that he is missing. Hopefully his new assistant coaches help.

I may catch some hell for this but I am rooting for the Pats for a few reasons. Why not have the superbowl champion be from our division? If they win it and with McDaniels probably leaving for Indy and Matt for Lions and the rumors of the conflict with Kraft, Brady, BB this season.. maybe a win will be enough for either or BB or Brady to step away.

Mainly though because of Eagles fan, it has not even been 24 hours yet and the people in my part of PA are freaking outrageous and morons.

I may catch some hell for this but I am rooting for the Pats for a few reasons. Why not have the superbowl champion be from our division? If they win it and with McDaniels probably leaving for Indy and Matt for Lions and the rumors of the conflict with Kraft, Brady, BB this season.. maybe a win will be enough for either or BB or Brady to step away.

Mainly though because of Eagles fan, it has not even been 24 hours yet and the people in my part of PA are freaking outrageous and morons.

No reasons are available for me to ever root for them to win another Super Bowl. NONE.

I dont get some of the Ajayi hate. Dude wanted to be here. Was a fan favorite and then suddenly he "wasn't that good," when traded. Happy for this dude.

That is always the attitude of some here

They were discussing taxes on NFL Radio this morning. Apparently Minnesota has the 2nd highest state tax rate (almost 10%) of states with NFL teams. California is the worst at 13%. The Super Bowl winning team players get $112,000 and the losers get $56,000. But they don't pay taxes on winnings. They have to pay taxes on their whole seasons earnings prorated for the time they spend in Minnesota. Some examples they gave.

Tom Brady would win $112,000 but have to pay $45,000 in taxes. If he loses and gets the $56,000 he still has to pay $45,000 in taxes. Since he is spending a full week in Minnesota he has to pay that 10% on 1/52 of his full year salary. Not that it matters to him. But something I never knew.

Jimmy G would win $112,000 if the Patriots win the Super Bowl because he was on their roster for more than 8 games. But he wouldn't have to pay Minnesota taxes on it because he isn't physically going to Minnesota.

We have some strange tax rules in this country.

Back
Top Bottom