*** Super Bowl game thread *** | Page 39 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Super Bowl game thread ***

The Rams tried to give the game away several times but the Bengals offensive line wouldnt let them. 7 sacks tied with Roger Staubach.

I mean, maybe but Bengals shouldn't have had the lead in the first place. The Rams kind of slowed down bengals up until that big td in beginning of 2nd half. But that Td only came because it was a horrible non call, a blatant pass interference that lead to Chase's Td. The bengals didn't get pts after that. So kind of good that didn't decide the win. Bengals clock management might have blown it, but if not for this bengals wouldn't have had lead in first place. Can't believe bengals couldn';t get first down from running on 3rd and 1, couldn't blame them doing it since they had 2 timeouts and needed the first down to keep driving down
The 2nd and 1 bomb to no one was questionable. The 4th down call was bad. I would have run it there. The Rams pretty much got a sack on every passing play in the 4th quarter. I can’t believe they didn’t run Mixon - it was about 4th and a foot or so. That said, the non PI face mask was pretty much evened out w some curious calls to pretty much allow the Rams to run 57 plays from inside the 10 until they scored. I mean, in a game where whistles were swallowed other than delay of game and false starts (and a nonsensical taunting the cameraman call), it’s odd that they throw a defensive holding flag on no 51 who made a great PBU - would have been 4th and goal. The next PI call was a little more justified at least. Go back to the negated TD - the DB is trying to jar the ball loose - it’s the SB - what did they call a head to head? They weren’t calling anything all game and then they throw a bazillion flags down there? It was just odd - as in “they wanted the game to go to OT” odd. But whatever. Rams won because they made more plays. Bengals didn’t do anything on O for most of the 2nd half. And the line imploded as well.

The 2nd and 1 bomb to no one was questionable. The 4th down call was bad. I would have run it there. The Rams pretty much got a sack on every passing play in the 4th quarter. I can’t believe they didn’t run Mixon - it was about 4th and a foot or so. That said, the non PI face mask was pretty much evened out w some curious calls to pretty much allow the Rams to run 57 plays from inside the 10 until they scored. I mean, in a game where whistles were swallowed other than delay of game and false starts (and a nonsensical taunting the cameraman call), it’s odd that they throw a defensive holding flag on no 51 who made a great PBU - would have been 4th and goal. The next PI call was a little more justified at least. Go back to the negated TD - the DB is trying to jar the ball loose - it’s the SB - what did they call a head to head? They weren’t calling anything all game and then they throw a bazillion flags down there? It was just odd - as in “they wanted the game to go to OT” odd. But whatever. Rams won because they made more plays. Bengals didn’t do anything on O for most of the 2nd half. And the line imploded as well.
Didn't they get stuffed on 3rd down tho from a run? I was thinking for them to run there, but I understood the coach calling for a pass even if it was short considering they just got stuffed on the 3rd and 1. The flack he'd get for not putting the ball in the hands of his franchise qb on 4th down when run was stuff prior making it seem running even on a short down was not going to work. So it was put on Burrow but his line had a hard time blocking and cost them. Knew it would catch up to them tho. The line has been bad and Donald and crew for rams are beasts. They especially pick it up during crunch time. They can wreak havoc on good or average o lines, let alone a bad one like Bengals. Burrow passing deep tho made me wonder what that was all about. Should have looked for a short check down for a first down instead

Didn't they get stuffed on 3rd down tho from a run? I was thinking for them to run there, but I understood the coach calling for a pass even if it was short considering they just got stuffed on the 3rd and 1. The flack he'd get for not putting the ball in the hands of his franchise qb on 4th down when run was stuff prior making it seem running even on a short down was not going to work. So it was one Burrow but his line had a hard time blocking and cost them. Knew it would catch up to them tho. The line has been bad and Donald and crew for rams are beasts. They especially pick it up during crunch time. They can wreak havoc on good or average o lines, let alone a bad one like Bengals
Could be. I thought they gave the back a bad spot on the 3rd down play. It looked like he got a lot closer than where they spotted it - he was short but it looked to me by a couple of inches. Anyway you’re probably right though they were having success w Mixon. Just a weird sequence when you get 9 yards on 1st down and then nothing.

The 2nd and 1 bomb to no one was questionable.

I confess I had it on but was not really watching, unless it's a fins game, I tend to multitask too much.
But sounds like another non call on a grounding infringement? Officials are way too hesitant to call that penalty, and also the rules allow the QB too many escape clauses. NFL should go back to the original rule. Doesn't matter where the QB is, if you chuck it for the sole purpose of avoiding a sack, with no one targeted, flag em.

I confess I had it on but was not really watching, unless it's a fins game, I tend to multitask too much.
But sounds like another non call on a grounding infringement? Officials are way too hesitant to call that penalty, and also the rules allow the QB too many escape clauses. NFL should go back to the original rule. Doesn't matter where the QB is, if you chuck it for the sole purpose of avoiding a sack, with no one targeted, flag em.
I didn’t even think of that. I just saw him sail it down the sideline and no one was in the pattern deep. It felt like a waste of a down honestly.

Going with Perine on a 3rd and short when you have Mixon absolutely blows my mind. One of the Dumbest calls ever
Agreed. Mixon had a nice game and finding holes. That other dude hadn’t touched the ball all game I don’t think.

I didn’t even think of that. I just saw him sail it down the sideline and no one was in the pattern deep. It felt like a waste of a down honestly.

Gotcha, I shoulda watched the play first anyway before commenting, but I can't pass up a chance to bitch about QBs getting away with what should be grounding!

Personally, I'm very happy for Matthew Stafford to have won a Superbowl after spending all those years wasting away in Detroit. It always baffled me whenever someone would talk sh*t about this guy. I think some even claimed he wasn't as good as Ryan Tannehill when all I ever saw from this guy was a dude manufacturing 4000+ yards out of nothing and occasionally throwing 40 TDs. Happy for him.

Huge, huge props to my fellow alumni Cooper Kupp. We all knew this guy was very special just watching him play in college.

Back
Top Bottom