*** Super Bowl game thread *** | Page 38 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Super Bowl game thread ***

It's easy to say the Bengals will probably be back, but people said the same thing about OKC after they lost to the Heat. Bengals had horrible time management and should have ran the ball there. It's going to haunt them a bit. They could have a SB hangover next year.

Mcvay made all the right things happen to build a super bowl winner.

It's easy to say the Bengals will probably be back, but people said the same thing about OKC after they lost to the Heat. Bengals had horrible time management and should have ran the ball there. It's going to haunt them a bit. They could have a SB hangover next year.
We thought the same thing with Marino.

Now just imagine Joe Burrow behind our oline, without his receivers, Mixon, and our previous oc.

I mean, maybe but Bengals shouldn't have had the lead in the first place. The Rams kind of slowed down bengals up until that big td in beginning of 2nd half. But that Td only came because it was a horrible non call, a blatant pass interference that lead to Chase's Td. The bengals didn't get pts after that. So kind of good that didn't decide the win. Bengals clock management might have blown it, but if not for this bengals wouldn't have had lead in first place. Can't believe bengals couldn';t get first down from running on 3rd and 1, couldn't blame them doing it since they had 2 timeouts and needed the first down to keep driving down

We thought the same thing with Marino.
Yeah If bengals were in nfl I'd say possibly back to superbowl but afc is looking super competitive. Ton of top young qbs in afc and good teams. Bills, Chiefs, Titans will still be good even with T hill, Raiders, Chargers, Ravens with lamar might bounce back. If rodgers goes to denver, watch out

That was a weird but fun game! One of the best playmakers was injured quickly, and both QBs had their legs seemingly destroyed before coming back no problem (because they were injected with tons of drugs) and then the refs who were mostly silent in the game suddenly stepped their game up. I think all the "rigged" penalties were pretty 50/50 when shown in full speed, so I don't think it was some sort of fix. Pass interference is always going to be the one call that you're damned if you do, damned if you don't as a ref. Fun game, happy for Stafford and Whitworth and how cool was it to see the best defensive player of the generation completely step it up when it mattered most? I would have loved to see Kupp and Donald share MVPs but obviously the tie goes to the offense. Really interesting Super Bowl, glad we had this and not another ****ing Brady Bowl

My takeaways:

Some questionable calls just when I praised the game for moving fast without flags

Watched the halftime show with the volume muted

No matter how good your QB and despite two receiving studs, if the OL sucks at pass protection, you can make a game of it, but it's unlikely you're gonna win

Commercials mostly sucked

My takeaways:

Some questionable calls just when I praised the game for moving fast without flags

No matter how good your QB and despite two receiving studs, if the OL sucks at pass protection, you can make a game of it, but it's unlikely you're gonna win

Can't say I disagree with any of those...

Nice to see a little ****iness knocked off Burrow. Wasn't a great SB IMO though, moments of true quality were few and far between. Interesting to see where each team goes from here, it's going to be hard for the Rams to stay at the top, that's not a young team. Bengals are young, but they out performed their talent level for much of the season I feel, lets see if they can sustain this, they'll have a target on their backs next season.

My takeaways:

Yeah idk what's going on. Imo the commercials for the past superbowls have mostly sucked. I did enjoy the halftime tho for the most part. That was old school rap I grew up to and enjoyed the songs. Except for that Kendrick lamar part, he messed up the vibe and his songs sucked I felt unlike the rest

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom