Super Bowl Takeaways For The Dolphins? | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Super Bowl Takeaways For The Dolphins?

Exactly the Chiefs offense was ranked 15th...... beacuase they had no NFL caliber wide recivers... and Mahomes still won a Ring with those scrubs.

There is a good chance Mahomes never plays with an offense this bad again in his career.

I agree the Chiefs D was excellent but lots of teams have excellent defenses, only one team has a Mahomes.

If you don't understand how exceptional Patrick Mahomes is then you don't understand football.
I said Mahomes was the best QB in the NFL. He is not some savant who willed his team to win. He was good last night, not even close to a vintage Mahomes performance. Yes they have just average WRs. But he also has one of the best TEs to ever play and had the number #1 pass blocking OL. Oh and what most people consider the best offensive coach of this generation. Despite those scrubs at WR he had multiple throws to wide open guys late in the game (thanks Reid). If it wasn't for the KC D and a great break on a ST turnover by SF, we are not even talking about Mahomes today.

Point is like I said Mahomes is the best QB but he isn't the main reason they won last night and he hasn't been most the year. It has been probably Mahomes worst year as a pro. He played much better last year and dint have great WRs then either. Just goes to so how you need more then just a QB to win. You would think Miami fans of all people would know that. We had one of the best QBs ever went to one damn SB with him.

Agree. I think Miami needs a bully on offense. Whether it's a bigger back like Braelen Allen that can wear teams down, a tight end who can get YAC, or a bigger receiver that can do that.

49ers have Kittle and Chiefs have Kelce...we have Smythe 😂

We need a TE....a Center ....and we need a few Lbers to go with Long...and a CB if we do in fact drop X...

Who cares what our SOS was going into the year when the facts are we had the third softest schedule on the season?

It makes you feel better that Carolina was better in 2022?
Who cares about schedule? You do? You are saying we are really 8 win team base off schedule. Well then by that logic it applies to everyone and each team. Fact is is if you beat the majority of teams that are 500 or less you will be in playoffs. Funny we couldn’t do that from 2004-2021

I said Mahomes was the best QB in the NFL. He is not some savant who willed his team to win. He was good last night, not even close to a vintage Mahomes performance. Yes they have just average WRs. But he also has one of the best TEs to ever play and had the number #1 pass blocking OL. Oh and what most people consider the best offensive coach of this generation. Despite those scrubs at WR he had multiple throws to wide open guys late in the game (thanks Reid). If it wasn't for the KC D and a great break on a ST turnover by SF, we are not even talking about Mahomes today.

Point is like I said Mahomes is the best QB but he isn't the main reason they won last night and he hasn't been most the year. It has been probably Mahomes worst year as a pro. He played much better last year and dint have great WRs then either. Just goes to so how you need more then just a QB to win. You would think Miami fans of all people would know that. We had one of the best QBs ever went to one damn SB with him.
You said exactly all this same stuff about Brady for how many years?

Look at Mahomes drive in overtime. Like historically record setting stuff.

He was 8 for 8, with 20 yards Rushing and a pass TD.

Just for fun go look up how many times a QB has gone 8-8 w a pass TD and over 20 yards rushing.

Like anytime, playoffs, reg season, superbowl. Find me how many times a QB has done that.

Who cares about schedule? You do? You are saying we are really 8 win team base off schedule. Well then by that logic it applies to everyone and each team. Fact is is if you beat the majority of teams that are 500 or less you will be in playoffs. Funny we couldn’t do that from 2004-2021

I care about the schedule, how else can you analyze the season?

We were a .500 caliber football team when adjusted for SOS. You may not like it but it’s a fact no matter how you respond with with analysis about everything but the 2023 season.

Your first response brought up the 2022 season, your second response highlighted the 2004-2021 seasons, to explain the 2023 team.

We couldn’t even beat Tennessee at home with the division on the line and your mad at me for pointing out the obvious. As if sugarcoating facts should make us feel better.

Dallas and Detroit were both 12-5 but one team could’ve easily won the Super Bowl yesterday while the other is in the same boat as us, with an even softer schedule than we had.

If you can’t look past the records to see reality, that’s on you.

You play the teams on your schedule and when it’s all said and done you analyze those results to find the truth.

We crapped the bed every time we had a chance to prove we were something other than a .500 caliber team.

Last edited:
You said exactly all this same stuff about Brady for how many years?
WTF are you talking about. I have always said Brady is an elite QB. And what does Brady have to due with Mahomes?

It is a team sport. There is 22 starters. You just buy into the media to about QB. Yes it is the most important position. But can't win it alone.

The point was your comment about Mahomes willing KC to victory was dumb and just plays into the it's all about the QB. Sorry the D won that game for KC and Mahomes should thank the **** out of them for keeping them in the game.

WTF are you talking about. I have always said Brady is an elite QB. And what does Brady have to due with Mahomes?

It is a team sport. There is 22 starters. You just buy into the media to about QB. Yes it is the most important position. But can't win it alone.

The point was your comment about Mahomes willing KC to victory was dumb and just plays into the it's all about the QB. Sorry the D won that game for KC and Mahomes should thank the **** out of them for keeping them in the game.
I think he did will them to victory becuase his recivers absolutely sucked. It was him who made the plays when it mattered most, even if he had to run through two defenders, he did it.

So we agree to disagree.

I brought up Brady bc ppl said exactly what you said about him for years, it was his coach, it was his defense, he had a bad year, hes good but hes not great.

Tua wouldn't have done what Mahomes did yesterday, Tua can't scramble. Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson couldn't have done what Mahomes did yesterday bc they make too many mistakes. What makes Mahomes so excellent you can't see on the stat sheet. Mahomes seems to always get whatever is needed to win the game. Doesn't matter how well he played the quarter before. When the game comes down to crunch time, Mahomes seems to always make enough plays to win the game. Currently there isn't anyone else in rhe NFL like him.

Defenses come and go, just like all of the Patriots great defenses but it was Brady, ultimately that made them Champions, just like yesterday it was Mahomes who ultimately made them champions.

49ers have Kittle and Chiefs have Kelce...we have Smythe 😂

We need a TE....a Center ....and we need a few Lbers to go with Long...and a CB if we do in fact drop X...
Agree with all this. That TE need is the one that might be the hardest to fill this offseason. Any free agents you like?

Look at Mahomes drive in overtime. Like historically record setting stuff.

He was 8 for 8, with 20 yards Rushing and a pass TD.

Just for fun go look up how many times a QB has gone 8-8 w a pass TD and over 20 yards rushing.

Like anytime, playoffs, reg season, superbowl. Find me how many times a QB has done that.
Ya he had a great drive. The only reason he had a chance at the great drive was the D. Heck the D also gave him a chance in regulation to win as well. Mahomes is a great QB, you keep giving him chances to win, he going to more often then not. There has been tons of drive by a lot of great QBs that matched that Mahomes drive.

Just how it is I guess with football. D plays lights out keeps them in the game for 3 quarters of the O doing nothing, QB gets the glory and as you claim willed them to a victory.

Interesting that they are talking about the exact same things in the Bay Area that we are discussing about the Dolphins.

1). How do you beat Mahomes? People talking about the TB defense from a few years ago and how tough it is to build and maintain a D.

2). Should Shanahan give up play calling? We have said same about McDaniel.

3). Next steps for their team.

Went from a Tom Brady problem to a Patrick Mahomes problem. And he's 28.

Back
Top Bottom