Super Bowl Takeaways For The Dolphins? | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Super Bowl Takeaways For The Dolphins?

I care about the schedule, how else can you analyze the season?

We were a .500 caliber football team when adjusted for SOS. You may not like it but it’s a fact no matter how you respond with with analysis about everything but the 2023 season.

Your first response brought up the 2022 season, your second response highlighted the 2004-2021 seasons, to explain the 2023 team.

We couldn’t even beat Tennessee at home with the division on the line and your mad at me for pointing out the obvious. As if sugarcoating facts should make us feel better.

Dallas and Detroit were both 12-5 but one team could’ve easily won the Super Bowl yesterday while the other is in the same boat as us, with an even softer schedule than we had.

If you can’t look past the records to see reality, that’s on you.

You play the teams on your schedule and when it’s all said and done you analyze those results to find the truth.

We crapped the bed every time we had a chance to prove we something other than a .500 caliber team.
Agree to disagree. I don’t believe we are 8 or 9 nine team win based on schedule or adjusting it. I believe we are 11-6 team that can win against lesser teams or teams on our level. But can’t beat the really good teams on road.

I guess I just don’t know understand why people are so upset with this season. I saw us with 11 wins if we were lucky to win swing ganes against chargers at pats and Dallas. Never thought we would win Buffalo or eagles or whatever.

Mostly because we are not physical and always injured And being always injured isn’t bad luck. It’s a Miami dolphin problem. But coach gm and fans think it’s all luck. It will happen again next year too. We will be really injured again. Especially on the online. So we won’t be physical.

But I believe we are 11 and 6 team. I was hoping for a wc. Just like last year at 8-3 I was hoping for wc. And at 9-3 I was hoping to make playoffs. It’s easy to see the flaws on this team . We are not great team. But we are good team that won 11 games no matter the schedule

I guess I just don’t know understand why people are so upset with this season.

1. A blown 3 game lead in the division.

2. Losing to a Titans team with nothing to play for and their best player injured the previous week. That’s a team that lost the next 3 games after playing us and 4 of the 5 before playing us, managing to beat only Carolina.

3. A 35 point embarrassment with all the chips on the table.

4. A blown lead week 18 at home against a division rival with even more chips on the table.

5. The massive cap deficit that immediately followed the on-field disappointment.

6. Not having enough draft picks to fill the holes that will follow this off seasons exodus of players.

But ya we beat the snot out of Mac Jones, Aiden O’Connell, Bryce Young, Sam Howell and Zach Wilson.

What are the saving graces, that we “beat” Dallas when 4 out of 5 times they win that game. Beyond fortunate they didn’t go up 14-0 and kick our ass.

That we beat the Chargers by 2 points, who subsequently earned the 5th pick in the draft?

One game against Denver doesn’t change the facts.

Last edited:
Also i dont recall any drops late in the game, from either team? could be wrong

Deebo had a drop that would’ve picked up a first down, in the fourth. I think second to last possession. It was a tough catch but it hit him in the hands. Purdy was under duress and it came out hot so chances are DS just didn’t see it til the last second.

I think we’re close. Both SB teams were relatively healthy. We need better line play to give Tua more time. He forces it sometimes because he has 2 seconds to throw.
We once again learn that you can never count out Mahomes and Reid. They know how to win these games. Plus KC has a great defense. They won’t win it every year, but the path to the Super Bowl goes thru them

I care about the schedule, how else can you analyze the season?

We were a .500 caliber football team when adjusted for SOS. You may not like it but it’s a fact no matter how you respond with with analysis about everything but the 2023 season.

Your first response brought up the 2022 season, your second response highlighted the 2004-2021 seasons, to explain the 2023 team.

We couldn’t even beat Tennessee at home with the division on the line and your mad at me for pointing out the obvious. As if sugarcoating facts should make us feel better.

Dallas and Detroit were both 12-5 but one team could’ve easily won the Super Bowl yesterday while the other is in the same boat as us, with an even softer schedule than we had.

If you can’t look past the records to see reality, that’s on you.

You play the teams on your schedule and when it’s all said and done you analyze those results to find the truth.

We crapped the bed every time we had a chance to prove we something other than a .500 caliber team.
We had the 4th hardest schedule entering the year. You do realize most nfl games are determined by 1 or 2 plays. We were in every game except the 1st bills game and the ravens game got ugly late. This was year 2 of the McDaniel era and we’ve made the playoffs twice. We have to build back a winning culture. We have a lot of young players and had the most injuries in the league. In the end, only one team wins. Have some perspective my Greek brother.

1. A 3 blown game lead in the division.

2. Losing to a Titans team with nothing to play for and their best player injured the previous week. That’s a team that lost the next 3 games after playing us and 4 of the 5 before playing us, managing to beat only Carolina.

3. A 35 point embarrassment with all the chips on the table.

4. A blown lead week 18 at home against a division rival with even more chips on the table.

5. The massive cap deficit that immediately followed the on-field disappointment.

6. Not having enough draft picks to fill the holes that will follow this off seasons exodus of players.

But ya we beat the snot out of Mac Jones, Aiden O’Connell, Bryce Young, Sam Howell and Zach Wilson.

What are the saving graces, that we “beat” Dallas when 4 out of 5 times they win that game. Beyond fortunate they didn’t go up 14-0 and kick our ass.

That we beat the Chargers by 2 points, who subsequently earned the 5th pick in the draft?

One game against Denver doesn’t change the facts.
Ya we are a good playoff team. But nothing better. But we are 11-6 and beating those teams that you mentioned usually gets teams in playoffs. Were you this upset in 2014 2015 2017 2020. Etc?

So either you don’t like how the team is built or you want to make changes? If so what are your ideas for change? Qb? Coach?

Ya we are a good playoff team. But nothing better. But we are 11-6 and beating those teams that you mentioned usually gets teams in playoffs. Were you this upset in 2014 2015 2017 2020. Etc?

So either you don’t like how the team is built or you want to make changes? If so what are your ideas for change? Qb? Coach?

How could anyone like the way the team is built?

Last edited:
We had the 4th hardest schedule entering the year. You do realize most nfl games are determined by 1 or 2 plays. We were in every game except the 1st bills game and the ravens game got ugly late. This was year 2 of the McDaniel era and we’ve made the playoffs twice. We have to build back a winning culture. We have a lot of young players and had the most injuries in the league. In the end, only one team wins. Have some perspective my Greek brother.

I have the CLEAREST perspective.

I replied to the exact same post when someone else said the same things trying to make themselves feel better.

First off, mentioning that we had the 4th hardest schedule going into the season as if that carries any weight in 2023 is laughable. We had a ridiculously easy schedule this past season.

You talk about “making the playoffs” as some impressive feat when 7 teams make it. It’s not a great accomplishment to be a wild card when you spent well more than you should’ve going all-in in 2023. Joe Flacco and Mason Rudolph made it too, that’s the group we are in.

As if we have the resources to get better at this point. We’re going to field a less talented team next year and we can’t do anything about it.

We lost games by 35, 28, 19 and 14 points this season. What are we close to?

Nauseating post dude.

Last edited:
The NFL has done this by titling the game so far in favor of QBs and passing. Brady would not have been in 7 SBs in the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s or if the rule changes in 2004 didn’t happen. Now you have the top couple of QBs playing in the SB every other year to your point and making it harder for a team led by a Woodley, Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Doug Williams, Phil Simms etc ever really have a shot. Once in a blue moon, yes. But that’s it. After Mahomes there will be someone else who is just “better” than everyone else.

There are legit gripes about the rule changes but those didn’t make Mahomes imo… His skill set as a QB would excel in any era.

There are legit gripes about the rule changes but those didn’t make Mahomes imo… His skill set as a QB would excel in any era.
Oh agree. Just saying that a great QB - more so than ever - can help compensate for deficiencies elsewhere. In the “old days” they just couldn’t. It’s still rare but possible I think.

I have the CLEAREST perspective.

I replied to the exact same post when someone else said the same things trying to make themselves feel better.

First off, mentioning that we had the 4th hardest schedule going into the season as if that carries any weight in 2023 is laughable. We had a ridiculously easy schedule this past season.

You talk about “making the playoffs” as some impressive feat when 7 teams make it. It’s not a great accomplishment to be a wild card when you spent well more than you should’ve going all-in in 2023. Joe Flacco and Mason Rudolph made it too, that’s the group we are in.

As if we have the resources to get better at this point. We’re going to field a less talented team next year and we can’t do anything about it.

We lost games by 35, 28, 19 and 14 points this season. What are we close to?

Nauseating post dude.
We underachieved relative to what we invested in the season and how the offense and defense “scored” in rankings. It was a disappointment no two ways about it.

We underachieved relative to what we invested in the season and how the offense and defense “scored” in rankings. It was a disappointment no two ways about it.

Thank you. I don’t understand why this is so hard to admit.

The season ended against the Titans regardless of how anyone wants to “splain” it.

Agree to disagree. I don’t believe we are 8 or 9 nine team win based on schedule or adjusting it. I believe we are 11-6 team that can win against lesser teams or teams on our level. But can’t beat the really good teams on road.

I guess I just don’t know understand why people are so upset with this season. I saw us with 11 wins if we were lucky to win swing ganes against chargers at pats and Dallas. Never thought we would win Buffalo or eagles or whatever.

Mostly because we are not physical and always injured And being always injured isn’t bad luck. It’s a Miami dolphin problem. But coach gm and fans think it’s all luck. It will happen again next year too. We will be really injured again. Especially on the online. So we won’t be physical.

But I believe we are 11 and 6 team. I was hoping for a wc. Just like last year at 8-3 I was hoping for wc. And at 9-3 I was hoping to make playoffs. It’s easy to see the flaws on this team . We are not great team. But we are good team that won 11 games no matter the schedule
We aren’t young enough. I think that might be the key to being healthy. A lot of older guys w injuries.

Back
Top Bottom