Superbowl caliber Defense | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Superbowl caliber Defense

Hopefully we will be looking at a few pro bowlers this year on defense at the least one

I love the pressure they have been able to generate along with this secondary that has two elite corners and Rowe blanketing the TE, but I still donā€™t entirely trust the run D. They have gotten up early in many games and teams have abandoned the run too early. Hopefully we continue to improve because the last three games on the schedule are teams that can really run the ball.

I love the pressure they have been able to generate along with this secondary that has two elite corners and Rowe blanketing the TE, but I still donā€™t entirely trust the run D. They have gotten up early in many games and teams have abandoned the run too early. Hopefully we continue to improve because the last three games on the schedule are teams that can really run the ball.
They had Needham on Henry quite a bit yesterday... I saw him hit Henry several times.

I agree that you add a guy like Parsons and the defense is just about set.....maybe one more pass rusher and a safety. A DT for the rotation but we're very close. New play makers on offense is we could go places.

They had Needham on Henry quite a bit yesterday... I saw him hit Henry several times.
Personally I think needham fits the mold of players who start at corner and our staff can transition to saftey or a hybrid Rowe style TE blanket

Personally I think needham fits the mold of players who start at corner and our staff can transition to saftey or a hybrid Rowe style TE blanket
If that's the case... Needham and Jones are the direct backups for McCain and Rowe, which wouldn't bother me at all. I am NOT a fan of spending resources on the Safety position. I have been in dozens of arguments about that one with those who want to draft (and pay) an expensive FS.

No one worried about the secondary? These completions and the TD at the end of the Chargers game... Garbage time? Garbage TD that put the Chargers within a score? Howard and Jones are not giving up some big plays?
At least Bobby McCain and Eric Rowe, both ex CB's playing Safety are very very impressive even in run support.

McCain has been playing very well of late and Flores loves him. With Rowe and Jones here I don't expect S to be high on Miami's priority list.
McCain has definitely been playing better, but heā€™s just so limited. If heā€™s the worst starter on the defense we can certainly live with that, but always should look to upgrade.

I tell you what; if Raekwon Davis keeps developing, and occupying multiple blockers on opponentsā€™s interior OL, someone like Micah Parsons would just feast.

Back
Top Bottom