SuperBowl officiating was Horrible/Game was fixed/Steelers Stole it... | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SuperBowl officiating was Horrible/Game was fixed/Steelers Stole it...

What was the worst moment broadcast-wise of the game?

• John Madden

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • The viewres missing Bill Cowher's Gatorade moment

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Mike Holmgren's play calling from 8 minutes left til the final gun

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • The postgame analysis of the 3 stooges(Berman,Irvin,Young)

Votes: 7 21.9%

• Total voters
SBXLMVP-1.jpg

Alex22 said:
Haha actually his left foot was in and his right foot kicked over the pylon

Thats a TD watch in slow motion buddy

Actually you're wrong,

It doesn't matter if you kick the pylon, if your foot doesn't come down in bounds it's incomplete plain and simple. And his foot did not come down in bounds. He kicked the pylon but not only did his foot not come down in bounds but his foot touched out of bounds before the ball crossed the goal line, so regardless of the "goal line goes around the world" or not, his foot was out. In this pic you can see the pylon leaning towards the endzone which meens his foot kicked it from out of bounds inwards. He never had possession it isn't a TD.

clear.gif

SpeedRush99 said:
Ben admitted on Letterman last night himself he wasn't in on his TD.

:sidelol: He scored. Here's proof.

sbXVtd-1.jpg

byroan said:
He scored. My above picture proves it.
That's a false picture...notice how the guy who photo-shopped the picture circles Roethlisberger's arm pretending that it's the football? Look closer.

Steelersview2-1.jpg

Dolphin1184 said:
I see no circling of Ben's arm.

Whoever created this file (zoomed in picture)...circles Ben's arm pretending that it is the football. Ben's complete arm never crosses the plane of the goal-line...yet alone the football.

sbXVtd-1.jpg

Steelersview2-1.jpg

SteelersNonTD-1.jpg

DoLpHiNz34 said:
Aqua, I'm on your side on this and everything because I think the SB was crap but after reading the rules and how the NFL defines a TD and a catch, it was NOT a TD. The pylon theory and the goaline extendeing to infinty only applies when a player has established possesion on the playing field. In this case, Jackson had only one foot in bounds when he tapped the pylon, meaning he didn't have possesion when he crossed the goal line. The officials actually made an excellent call on this and it was by far the best call they made all game.

My main thing is not about what player did what. my main concern is about the way the officiating was. I just think that the officiating has to be consistent. Too manyt times we have seen them call plays that shouldnt have been called and times that calls should have been made.

Thats my main concern, imagine if it were to happen to the dolphins if they were the ones in the superbowl. everyone here would be steaming.

:)

The 2005-2006 season is over. Time to move on. The Steelers won. 2006-2007 belongs to the Dolphins!

Back
Top Bottom