Surfers 2005 Dolphin Mock | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Surfers 2005 Dolphin Mock

I like the Mock. I just dont like AM. I'd rather have Greene but I think either will be fine. If Saban thinks he can make something out of AM then so be it.

fintimtc said:
Excellent mock Surfer,I would be thrilled to land Caddy,Spears,Pool and Mac with our 1st four picks.

P.S. I have long been a lurker here at FH,but have decided to become active in this forum with my Fin bretheren.......

Fintimtc :)

Welcome aboard man! I was a long time lurker to but once you start posting watch out it gets addicting!

Surferosa said:
This meager exercise in draft prognostication is worth about us much as a Football signed by Dave and Jan Wannstadt. Still, Im not so much looking for compliments or rips as I just had to get this out of my system. All comments are welcome and appreciated :o

(For what its worth, I called Vernon Carey last year in my Doomsday Mock)

1.7 (from Minnesota for #2) RB Caddilac Williams - While the Vikes jump ahead of the Bears and Browns to get Braylen Edwards, we drop down a few spots and take the last of the three big RB's. Cedric Benson could also be the pick here if hes available. Either one fills our greatest need of finding a capable, potentially dominating ball carrier. To those that are interested, I guess the Vikes throw in another mid round pick next year to complete the deal.

1.18 (from Minnesota for #2) DE/DT Marcus Spears - I can see him dropping to #18 since hes a bit of a tweener and doesnt do any one thing in a dominant fashion. What, you dont think he will fall to 18? I can see the top 2 QB's, 3 RB's, 4 WR's, 3 DL, 1 LB and 3 DB's all being drafted before him. Nick likes him beacuse he can play both DL and DT, and we need to get younger along the front four. Combined with out FA acquisitions, our DL is once again a team strength. We can go for a Safety or even a WR like Mark Clayton here, but ultimately Saban cant pass up the value of drafting his former player.

2.15 (From KC Surtain) Brodney Poole. FS, Oklahoma. Saban recruited him out of high school, and he fills a dire need in the secondary. He has a good size/speed combo and may be able to come in and start. Like Spears, he may not last this long, but coverage safeties have a way of falling come draft day.

3.5 Adrian McPherson, QB, Florida St. - The wildcard of the Dolphins draft. Aside from being a mouth-watering prospect, he's the best compromise for an Organization that hasnt decided what direction to take with regards to the QB position. By Picking AM, Saban does the smart thing - he hedges his bet on Feeley with a mid-round signal caller that possesses the ceiling of a high round, blue-chip prospect. Feeley, Ferrotte and Mcpherson give Saban/Linehan three intriguing QB options - A) the young, developing incumbent, B) the seasoned vet, C). the high risk/high reward guy.

4 Ben Wilkerson, C, LSU - This is the second LSU player Saban drafts, and he solidifies the interior of the line. A starting five of Carey, Jeno, Wilkerson, Hadnot and McDougle looks much better than last years bunch.

5 Jerome Mathis, WR, Hampton. Im think that Saban will look to complement his WR corps with a small, quick receiver in the mold of protypical Bellicheckian receiver (Patten, Branch, T Brown, Bethel, Ward, etc). At 5 ft 11 with 4.31 speed, Mathis will give the offense another weapon and a different look than Chambers, Booker, Thompson, and Gilmore.

5 (from KC Surtain) Kelvin Hayden, DB, Illinois - We need a fifth corner if/when Surtain is traded. Its anybody's guess who Saban likes here. My guess is that he wont take one of the late round prospects with blazing speed and questionable cover skills - I imagine hed be more interested in a more well rounded player that he can coach to his liking. Is that Hayden? We shall see.

7 Khari Long DE/LB Baylor. On the second day, my guess is that we will look for multi-purpose guys that can play multiple positions. Long is one of those guys.

So? Does it suck? :lol:

Its good just put Walter in the third instead of McPherson and Mathis wont last that long but Courtney Roby or Larry Brackins would fit in perfectly.

i would be so happy if this happens. Think about it, we will have an amazing d and amazing offense. We will have a furture amazing if not the best qb in mcpherson. I reallt hope we get him. Even if we have to trade down to get him, i dont care. Good stuff suferosa.

MischiefDolphin said:
I like the Mock. I just dont like AM. I'd rather have Greene but I think either will be fine. If Saban thinks he can make something out of AM then so be it.
Am will be the best qb in the league, whoever is afriad of his gambling problems doesnt think to much for themselves. Dont listen to what the scouts say. He will be fine.

Ark139954 said:
Am will be the best qb in the league, whoever is afriad of his gambling problems doesnt think to much for themselves. Dont listen to what the scouts say. He will be fine.

Who cares about the gambling, the kid barely ever played football asides from HS and Arena, how can you measure someone with only that information? He is WAAAAYYYY to much of a gamble in terms of being able to play well, period I dont give him any knock cause of the gambling issues, that is irrelevant. I do like him some but not anywhere earlier than the 5th, hell he played in the Arena football, he is a pro already its stupid to even draft him, he isnt a college player he should simply be a FA. Its like buying a used car at a new cars price.

This is wayy (with two y's) better than the other mock drafts I've read today

This is the best looking mock I've seen yet. Maybe not in terms of ACCURACY, but for filling our needs/wish-wise, I like it. There are a few things I would change, but for the most part I agree, nice job dude

I like it a lot bro, except i would rather have Thomas Davis instead of Brodney Pool if he was still aboard. And i dont think Jerome Mathis will be there in the 5th so maybe we could take a shot at WR Isaac West out of Furman

Agent51 said:
This is the best looking mock I've seen yet. Maybe not in terms of ACCURACY, but for filling our needs/wish-wise, I like it. There are a few things I would change, but for the most part I agree, nice job dude
:clap:

dolfan005 said:
i agree i dont see how anyone could complain with this. even if you against McPherson which i a not, we could go orton or another pick there

Orton? So you'd like an inaccurate AND immobile QB? I'd pass on both and I hope Saban does too.

KB21 said:
I just fail to see what some of you see in McPherson. This is a quarterback whose highest career completion percentage at FSU was 51.8%. He has not shown that he can throw accurately or read the field. Something tells me that some fans are hot for him because he can run.

I'm with you man. Everyone is caught up in the Vick craze. McPherson doesn't have Vicks wheels and i don't care how strong his arm is if he can't hit receivers down the field.

Will McPherson have a good career? Nobody knows, He could be great or he could be out of the league quickly. I doubt a 4-12 teams takes a risk this high in the draft on a QB with that many question marks.

I could be wrong though, Saban did have a couple athletic QB's on his roster at LSU and didn't fair to well. He won the NC with his pocket passer.

Surferosa said:
This meager exercise in draft prognostication is worth about us much as a Football signed by Dave and Jan Wannstadt. Still, Im not so much looking for compliments or rips as I just had to get this out of my system. All comments are welcome and appreciated :o

(For what its worth, I called Vernon Carey last year in my Doomsday Mock)

1.7 (from Minnesota for #2) RB Caddilac Williams - While the Vikes jump ahead of the Bears and Browns to get Braylen Edwards, we drop down a few spots and take the last of the three big RB's. Cedric Benson could also be the pick here if hes available. Either one fills our greatest need of finding a capable, potentially dominating ball carrier. To those that are interested, I guess the Vikes throw in another mid round pick next year to complete the deal.

1.18 (from Minnesota for #2) DE/DT Marcus Spears - I can see him dropping to #18 since hes a bit of a tweener and doesnt do any one thing in a dominant fashion. What, you dont think he will fall to 18? I can see the top 2 QB's, 3 RB's, 4 WR's, 3 DL, 1 LB and 3 DB's all being drafted before him. Nick likes him beacuse he can play both DL and DT, and we need to get younger along the front four. Combined with out FA acquisitions, our DL is once again a team strength. We can go for a Safety or even a WR like Mark Clayton here, but ultimately Saban cant pass up the value of drafting his former player.

2.15 (From KC Surtain) Brodney Poole. FS, Oklahoma. Saban recruited him out of high school, and he fills a dire need in the secondary. He has a good size/speed combo and may be able to come in and start. Like Spears, he may not last this long, but coverage safeties have a way of falling come draft day.

3.5 Adrian McPherson, QB, Florida St. - The wildcard of the Dolphins draft. Aside from being a mouth-watering prospect, he's the best compromise for an Organization that hasnt decided what direction to take with regards to the QB position. By Picking AM, Saban does the smart thing - he hedges his bet on Feeley with a mid-round signal caller that possesses the ceiling of a high round, blue-chip prospect. Feeley, Ferrotte and Mcpherson give Saban/Linehan three intriguing QB options - A) the young, developing incumbent, B) the seasoned vet, C). the high risk/high reward guy.

4 Ben Wilkerson, C, LSU - This is the second LSU player Saban drafts, and he solidifies the interior of the line. A starting five of Carey, Jeno, Wilkerson, Hadnot and McDougle looks much better than last years bunch.

5 Jerome Mathis, WR, Hampton. Im think that Saban will look to complement his WR corps with a small, quick receiver in the mold of protypical Bellicheckian receiver (Patten, Branch, T Brown, Bethel, Ward, etc). At 5 ft 11 with 4.31 speed, Mathis will give the offense another weapon and a different look than Chambers, Booker, Thompson, and Gilmore.

5 (from KC Surtain) Kelvin Hayden, DB, Illinois - We need a fifth corner if/when Surtain is traded. Its anybody's guess who Saban likes here. My guess is that he wont take one of the late round prospects with blazing speed and questionable cover skills - I imagine hed be more interested in a more well rounded player that he can coach to his liking. Is that Hayden? We shall see.

7 Khari Long DE/LB Baylor. On the second day, my guess is that we will look for multi-purpose guys that can play multiple positions. Long is one of those guys.

So? Does it suck? :lol:

Doesn't suck, but there are some issues...

1. There's little to now chance Spears is there at 18. Arguably he's the best defensive player in the draft.

2. Brodney Poole is the best all around S in the draft. He's round 1 talent. Top 20 on my draft board.

3. Jerome Mathis is projected in round 2.

fishypete said:
Your first three picks are logical....after that....your lost in space.

LOL thats a pretty fair (even generous) assessment. :)

Back
Top Bottom