Surtain and Madison..? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Surtain and Madison..?

XoPhinsoX

No More Injuries, Please ;).
Reaction score
Well, I always seem to argue this with my friends and just wanted your guys opinion outside of a fans perspective.

I know a lot of the guys who hosts NFL shows usually say Mad/Surt are the top corner duo in the league.

Anyone else disagree? Personally, I like to agree with it because I feel the same way..

Do you think those two could be over-rated though? Woodson for the Raiders is a good CB I think..but he's always hurt.

Best Hands Down.

C. Woodson will never be the same. He has lost a step or TWO. His toe injury is VERY SAD. I loved to watch him lay the wood and get the pick....:)

Not too many CB tandeums are asked to play man to man as much as our corners..and of course they can play zone..They're a special breed because they do it year in and year out..While other cb's play soft zones, which help them like a woodson..he doesn't play man to man 60% of the down..so he gets a breather..but he's still a good corner because of his closing speed..there's where the knock downs or interception take place..

Sam Madison and Patrick Surtain are the best CB duo in the NFL.. They both did have a lack luster year last year compared to the level of play they've played at the last 3-4 years, but they're still the best.. They are physical and have alot more responsibility than 99% of the CB's that play in the NFL.. So I would say yes.. Miami has the best CB duo in the NFL.. Redskins in my opinion have the 2nd best duo in Bailey and Smoot with Buffalo inn 3rd and Philly in 4th...

HOORAH:drinker:

Madison and Surtain are two of the best corners in the league, and are easily the best CB duo in the league.

i think there is only 1 corner in the league better then either of these guys...that is Ty Law.

Ty Law? No way. He is probably as good as Sam, but not better. Honestly, I can't think of a better corner than Surtain. I know it sounds like I'm being a homer, but Surtain, IMO, is the best corner in the NFL.......

Ty Law? That old smokehead isn't better than Surtain. The Bills duo of Antoine Winfield and Nate Clements are getting close to being as good as it gets. Mike McKenzie is one of the leagues best corners and it will be interesting to see how his partnership with Al Harris pans out. The Giants duo of Will Allen and Will Peterson is pretty fly.... Allen is about to blow up all over the league.

Ty Law? :rofl:

1.Champ Baily
2.Patrick Surtain

Surtain/Madison the best duo.. HANDS DOWN!

Bills fans.. please don't say Winfield/Clemons.. :rolleyes:

law never gives up catches. he is awesome.

Originally posted by Flipper34
law never gives up catches. he is awesome.

Yeah right man, I think you are just throwing what you heard from others.. The last 2 times Chambers played him(considering the concussion affects).

Week 5 Chambers : 6 catches, 1TD..
The year before.. Chambers : 7 catches, 124 yards

That doesn't mean much, but IN NO WAY.. should Law be considered better than Baily, Surtain, Madison. I also think Taylor, Woodson, and about 3-4 others are better..

The only duo that is close is Bobby Taylor & Troy Vincent in Philadelphia.

Bailey is like his younger brother - he misses WAY too many tackles to be the best CB in the league.

I think Madison and Surtain make the best duo. I think the Eagles have a good duo as well as the Redskins.

Surtain right now, in my opinion, is the best corner out there. Anyone see how he got that interception against the Packers last year? You know you are on fire hen you are catching footballs with your feet. Madison had an off year, but an off year for him is a career year for many others, which shows you how talented he is. Miami should thank its lucky stars for the backfield tandem they have in these two.

Back
Top Bottom