Surtain and Madison..? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Surtain and Madison..?

Yeah Boomer, but you're kinda off on McKenzie and Clemons/Winfield man. McKenzie is not a top 7 CB and Clemons/Winfield isn't near as good as it gets..

I agree with CO84 in the Winfield/Clements statement. I mean before the dreaded Lucas 4 picks game, the entire secondary (the whole team i think) had no ints...that is seven games into the season. Yeah Clements had 6 picks (which is as much as Surtain) but consider that out of the six, three came on Lucas's INT free-for-all and one more came when we played Buffalo in the snow and the ball slipped out of Fiedler's grasp, landing right in Clements' bread basket. On the other side, Winfield had exactly zero picks, which is two less than our third corner, and equal to our Strong safety, both of which are being questioned (and might be replaced) for not making enough plays. Winfield has had 5 picks in his entire 4 year career, 3 of which he was a starter. It really makes no sense to compare them to Surtain/Madison or Vincent/Taylor. In fact, this is the first time that I have read anything close to this.

And again, yes they had a great Passing Yards/ Game Average on D last year but if you're gunna defend them with those stats, you have to remember how horrible their run D was last year. Nobody really needed to throw downfield when they could pick up yardage on the ground.

I beg to differ Chambers. McKenzie, when 100% is one of the finest corners in the league - big, fast, good ball skills, nice hips, agressive. He's a very fine corner.

And as for Winfield and Clements, you just need to ask our Bills fans how good these two are. It's not all about picks - it's about the ability to shut people out and that's what Clements and Winfield do. When Antoine is 100%, these two are about as lock down as it comes. Winfield is smart, heads up player, with tremendous body control and closing ability. Clements is big, aggressive, with a real sense of the ball, a tremendous tackler and 4.36 speed. I'd take Clements over Madison any day of the week.

And remember, they are being asked to cover receivers longer than most teams corners because their pass rush is pretty ineffective. Watch some Bills games - if you can bear it - you'll quickly see how good these two are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Imagine if the Bills improve the pass rush as expected, then Clements/Winfield will benefit a great deal. I truly hope that Winfield signs a new deal soon.

The surely don't do as much or play as aggressive as our corners..that's for sure.

I could of intercepted Lucas in that game. HE THREW IT RIGHT TO HIM! Heh..

Originally posted by Phinsfan2
The only duo that is close is Bobby Taylor & Troy Vincent in Philadelphia.

uhhh these TWO ARE the best duo in the NFL period. Hands down... so good that a pretty damn good corner by the name of AL Harris couldn't start... Philly still has the best DB's in the NFL.

Originally posted by Boomer
I beg to differ Chambers. McKenzie, when 100% is one of the finest corners in the league - big, fast, good ball skills, nice hips, agressive. He's a very fine corner.

And as for Winfield and Clements, you just need to ask our Bills fans how good these two are. It's not all about picks - it's about the ability to shut people out and that's what Clements and Winfield do. When Antoine is 100%, these two are about as lock down as it comes. Winfield is smart, heads up player, with tremendous body control and closing ability. Clements is big, aggressive, with a real sense of the ball, a tremendous tackler and 4.36 speed. I'd take Clements over Madison any day of the week.

And remember, they are being asked to cover receivers longer than most teams corners because their pass rush is pretty ineffective. Watch some Bills games - if you can bear it - you'll quickly see how good these two are.

I don't know about Clement being better than Madison.I don't even think Clement is the better of the two duo's.From what I've seen Winfield is the better of the two and he is very underated around the league(Sort of like Surtain was).As far as Clement,he is not quite better than Winfield yet and sure ain't better than Madison.

Are you crazy Nate Clements and Antoine WInfield don't play aggressive?! Those 2 are like up top for the best tacklers let alone CB's in the game. Yeah Winfield is like 5-8 or 5-9 but he hits like a LB. As far as clements not being tough ask Chambers when he tried to tackle Clements when we played you guys in Miami he just bounced off Clements like he was a little beotch. Your offense is going to be terrible this year mark my words. The only weapon you have is Ricky Williams. You upgraded your D but why? You already had one of the top rated defenses in the league. You should have upgraded your receiving corps before your D IMO.

Originally posted by WisconsinFan

uhhh these TWO ARE the best duo in the NFL period. Hands down... so good that a pretty damn good corner by the name of AL Harris couldn't start... Philly still has the best DB's in the NFL.

I am a Troy Vincent fan from way back, but he has lost a step and even on his best day was not as good as Surtain or Madison

Originally posted by zachseau13

I am a Troy Vincent fan from way back, but he has lost a step and even on his best day was not as good as Surtain or Madison

ummm so am I zach... look at my name and think about that one once.. ;) Same goes with Fletcher and Chambers.. :lol:

"Oh...you're lean, mean, and not too far in between." ibid

ummm so am I zach... look at my name and think about that one once.. ;) Same goes with Fletcher and Chambers.. :lol:

you can have fletcher back

Our offense was doing perfectly fine till Jay got hurt.

I can't see much of a change this year except for OG..and he was hurt early on.

Hopefully this is Chambers break out year to shine.

How do you compare Vincent lose of step to Chambers? This is Chambers 3rd year I think ;).

I was a Vincet fan though.

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX

How do you compare Vincent lose of step to Chambers?

no one compared the two... I mearly pointed out that ALL three went to the same college.. I watched all three play their college ball for the Badgers . ;) :tongue: I remember watching the draft in '92 screaming at the TV for Ron Wolf to take Vicent over Burnt Toast Buckley. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Even Wisconsic Fan knows how good Winfield is when he nearly decapitated Terry Glenn!

Back
Top Bottom