Surtain deal close??? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Surtain deal close???

Well we can't take less than a 2nd round pick for him now.

My question is, how did we miss out on this deal in Houston. Surtain is twice the player that Buchanon claims to be.

Saban will really have to start weighing the options of keeping him. Let it be known what he is worth and then put out some press release that you are planning to sign Surtain if you cannot get a decent 2nd round draft pick in this years draft. Then wait to see who come at you on draft day.

The Chiefs MAY have a deal in place with Surtain, but there is no way that Saban will let Pat go for anything less than a 2nd from those swine over in Kansas City.

I think it would certainly be good for the team to keep Surtain around for another year if you cant get a 2nd. Screw it. Play him. He would probably be good for guys like Poole and anyone that they bring in there this year. Plus, he seems to be boys with a lot of the guys on the team (Madison, Chambers, etc), so it would certainly be good for the team morale.

NealKerouac21 said:
Well we can't take less than a 2nd round pick for him now.

My question is, how did we miss out on this deal in Houston. Surtain is twice the player that Buchanon claims to be.

Saban will really have to start weighing the options of keeping him. Let it be known what he is worth and then put out some press release that you are planning to sign Surtain if you cannot get a decent 2nd round draft pick in this years draft. Then wait to see who come at you on draft day.

The Chiefs MAY have a deal in place with Surtain, but there is no way that Saban will let Pat go for anything less than a 2nd from those swine over in Kansas City.

I think it would certainly be good for the team to keep Surtain around for another year if you cant get a 2nd. Screw it. Play him. He would probably be good for guys like Poole and anyone that they bring in there this year. Plus, he seems to be boys with a lot of the guys on the team (Madison, Chambers, etc), so it would certainly be good for the team morale.

How did you miss out on the trade with Houston? Houston got Buchanon has several things that Surtain doesn't. First off Buchanon is still on his rookie contract for two years. He cost a total of 1.5 million dollars over the next two season. Second off Buchanon is 24. He has underachieved at Oakland, but is still a premier talent.

On the hand Surtain is 29. In addition to this whoever signs him has to work out a huge contract that involves a huge signing bonus.

The two situations are not really all that similar. Most likely Houston never even considered trading for Surtain. The cap hit and his age to a lesser degree lowers his value a great deal to many teams.

Sarcastro said:
How did you miss out on the trade with Houston? Houston got Buchanon has several things that Surtain doesn't. First off Buchanon is still on his rookie contract for two years. He cost a total of 1.5 million dollars over the next two season. Second off Buchanon is 24. He has underachieved at Oakland, but is still a premier talent.

On the hand Surtain is 29. In addition to this whoever signs him has to work out a huge contract that involves a huge signing bonus.

The two situations are not really all that similar. Most likely Houston never even considered trading for Surtain. The cap hit and his age to a lesser degree lowers his value a great deal to many teams.

Surtain is still 28 turning 29. Buchanon is 24 turning 25. 4 year difference in age basically. Buchanon has not lived up to expectations, while Surtain is a top 5 CB. Sure his salary gives some to Buchanon, but I truly expect Surtain to garner that 2nd.

Jaj said:
Surtain is still 28 turning 29. Buchanon is 24 turning 25. 4 year difference in age basically. Buchanon has not lived up to expectations, while Surtain is a top 5 CB. Sure his salary gives some to Buchanon, but I truly expect Surtain to garner that 2nd.

Don't get me wrong, he is worth a 2nd.

I was just saying that Houston was looking for a few things in a CB, and having to pay a huge contract and signing bonus was not one of them.

Sarcastro said:
Don't get me wrong, he is worth a 2nd.

I was just saying that Houston was looking for a few things in a CB, and having to pay a huge contract and signing bonus was not one of them.

The same goes for the Redskins. On the other hand the Chiefs and Colts are looking for a veteran CB like Surtain.

My source came from a Chiefs Insider. I don't post false information on my board. :)

Back
Top Bottom