Surtain or Madison ??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Surtain or Madison ???

Phinatic said:
surtain..............madison isnt close to who he use to be, now with the new rule i expect him to get beat alot in the first couple games then poole or howard are starting by week 5. mark it on your calender.
I got it marked, thank you. Mister "No help up top" is now gone and looking at some possible jail time, I'm still waiting to see where that goes. Madison will get the help this year.

But to anser the original posters question... Surtain for sure.

surtain is the better all around corner. he has improved his game every year, may be the best run support corner in the league, and imo is neck and neck with bailey as the best cb in the league. madison peaked about 3 years ago, but is still a top 10 cb, and nobody in the league has better instincts. if surtain continues to raise his game to a legendary level i.e. striking fear and winning titles, and sam doesn't drop off too much, this tandem will be comparable to haynes-hayes

dolfanrodney said:
My top 5 corners in the NFL are Surtain, Bailey, Charles Woodson Madison, and Ty Law in that order in my opinion
I think Surtains the best overall corner. What I'm factoring in here is not only interceptions, but tackles, attitude, team commitment, etc. He's a great team player, and he'll do anything to get the Phins to win.

Yeah, Phishstix covered it better. :D

Madison used to be one of the best, but I think Surtain has surpassed him. But I'm glad to have them both on our team.

Phinz said:
Madison used to be one of the best, but I think Surtain has surpassed him. But I'm glad to have them both on our team.
I agree, Madison has lost a step in deep coverage but, his instinctive play still makes him one of the best in the business in the short to intermediate coverage.

I'm not gonna repeat my feelings that I posted earlier in this thread on the deep coverage. You can scroll up and read the post if you like. I would just like to say that the problem is no longer with the team.

Again, that is my opinion, from what I saw when watching the games.

Curious about the question, I think everybody would agree at this point in their careers that Surtain is clearly the better corner. Madison is still a quality corner though.....even with his horrible tackling skills.

dolfanrodney said:
My top 5 corners in the NFL are Surtain, Bailey, Charles Woodson Madison, and Ty Law in that order in my opinion
This is the first time I'll say this on here, but its my mantra during the season.

Ty Law is the best cover corner in the league.

But out of your pair.....I'll gotta say Surtain as well.

I disagree Dolphinizzle, but since this isn't the "Under the Sea" board, I won't get into an argument.

I'm curious though, who is that quote in your signature attributed to?

Back
Top Bottom