System QB? Great supporting cast? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

System QB? Great supporting cast?

Carne Asada

there be no distractions for our team
Club Member
Reaction score
Lol, with our picks and the amount of money we're gonna have the obligation to spend we can replicate and even improve upon any college system.

WRs are too good? Draft a couple of them.

They are short and skinny? Fine, we have Parker and Williams.

We could use deep threat and slot WRs.

Ruggs and Smith are pretty even although different from each other. I see both in the #20-#40 range.

We could probably trade down from Pitt's pick, around #10-#15, to #20-#25 for a second rd pick and pick Tyler Biadasz. He would be a great fit next to Deiter.

Use #1 for Tua, Biadasz with what we end up with from trading down from the Steelers' pick, Houston's pick for Ruggs, and #33 for Smith.

Smith is having a better year statistically but Ruggs looks faster and better built. Unless Smith puts on weight and runs well, Ruggs is going first regardless of stats.

There's only so many teams picking WR in the first and this year's class is loaded.

Alex Leatherwood would be nice to have with our 3rd.

I think Wills will be available later. Looks like RG to me, not enough length or athleticism and stands still blocking air too often for my taste at RT. I'd use a 5th on him.

Sign and or trade for other recent offensive 'Bama players if posible.

Keep drafting those coming out.

Oh, and of course poach Saban's WR coach, QB coach and even OC if at all posible.

He's played in two different systems the past two years and hes done just fine. Probably not a system QB haha
Actually,three OC's in three years...Hasn't bothered Tua at all...yet..for Rosen..it was why he needed more time?

Actually,three OC's in three years...Hasn't bothered Tua at all...yet..for Rosen..it was why he needed more time?
3 different systems and running all of them practically flawlessly is why I hope like hell he winds up in Miami. Phenomenal talent that someone is going to be fortunate to draft.

Tua is definitely a system QB.

Put him in any system and he will excel in it.

I'm calling some degree of nonsense! :lol:

The more I look at Tua the less I like. Lacks ideal size. Durability issues.
More facilitator (i.e., point guard) than dominator. I certainly don't see a
future Aaron Rogers. Weak arm. Lacks velocity on intermediate and
deeper throws. Wanna bet? Show me a 30+ yard frozen Tua rope!!!

His lack of zip will be exponentially more critical in Pros. The "system"
and players around him significantly mask his weaknesses. That won't
be true in the NFL. He won't have that running game, he won't have
that protection (time) and his receivers simply won't be 5 yards open!

Add to that the prevailing fact that he won't participate in the combine
because his arm will be exposed. And as the recent injury illustrates
his escapability and scrambling are nothing exceptional.

Seriously. The kid might get eaten alive in the NFL!

:lol:

Miami needs to prioritize the most crucial positions and that starts with quarterback. Pass rusher, corner, blindside protect and wide receiver are next in line.

I would love to see the Dolphins find a difference maker at wide receiver and this draft is loaded.

Tua is real

learning 3 systems in 3 years he looks effortless commanding the O
Couple things that I’m not sure get talked about a lot when it comes to Tua, smart, conscientious, and supremely confident..have to listen to a lot of boring interviews and practice interaction but it’s evident he’s a very fast processor in the classroom, and obviously on the field..

I'm calling some degree of nonsense! :lol:

The more I look at Tua the less I like. Lacks ideal size. Durability issues.
More facilitator (i.e., point guard) than dominator. I certainly don't see a
future Aaron Rogers. Weak arm. Lacks velocity on intermediate and
deeper throws. Wanna bet? Show me a 30+ yard frozen Tua rope!!!

His lack of zip will be exponentially more critical in Pros. The "system"
and players around him significantly mask his weaknesses. That won't
be true in the NFL. He won't have that running game, he won't have
that protection (time) and his receivers simply won't be 5 yards open!

Add to that the prevailing fact that he won't participate in the combine
because his arm will be exposed. And as the recent injury illustrates
his escapability and scrambling are nothing exceptional.

Seriously. The kid might get eaten alive in the NFL!

He’s got enough elite traits that I’m willing to take a shot..

He’s got enough elite traits that I’m willing to take a shot..

I'd take a "shot" but I certainly wouldn't sell the farm in a trade up. Beyond that
I would not be at all surprised if 2 or 3 QBs taken same year eventually prove to be
superior PROs.

Again. I want to see him clearly demonstrate his (ARM) ability to execute deep outs
and downfield throws that require VELOCITY and minimal arc. If he can pull that off
I'll be impressed. Right now (IMO) his game looks rather "finesse" based for a big time NFL QB.

But hey. If we grab him and it's good value I'm like all in.

2 flippers crossed.

I'd take a "shot" but I certainly wouldn't sell the farm in a trade up. Beyond that
I would not be at all surprised if 2 or 3 QBs taken same year eventually prove to be
superior PROs.

Again. I want to see him clearly demonstrate his (ARM) ability to execute deep outs
and downfield throws that require VELOCITY and minimal arc. If he can pull that off
I'll be impressed. Right now (IMO) his game looks rather "finesse" based for a big time NFL QB.

But hey. If we grab him and it's good value I'm like all in.

2 flippers crossed.

Yup, it seems that the arm strength topic is his biggest hurdle at this point..

CK has done some wonderful time consuming work/science on his and others velocity..

I like studying pro day and combine to confirm some things positive or negative..but you don’t think he’s gonna show :)

Joe Montana ran a west coast offense, so did Steve Young...throws in that type of offense require more touch, anticipation and supreme accuracy/leading than throwing a deep out..

Yup, it seems that the arm strength topic is his biggest hurdle at this point..

CK has done some wonderful time consuming work/science on his and others velocity..

I like studying pro day and combine to confirm some things positive or negative..but you don’t think he’s gonna show :)

Joe Montana ran a west coast offense, so did Steve Young...throws in that type of offense require more touch, anticipation and supreme accuracy/leading than throwing a deep out..

I get it. I just prefer real MEN at QB and not prissy types. :lol:

Glue Marino's ARM on Tua and I'll join the cult! Beyond the studies and stats

just throw the pig at the combine and let my eyes make the comparative decision!

No I don't think he's gonna show because he won't show well VS. the competition.

Like a Kentucky Derby where the supposed "tripple crown fav" stays out of the race!

If you're THAT GOOD ---------- EFFING PROVE IT! Otherwise you got something to hide.

I get it. I just prefer real MEN at QB and not prissy types. :lol:

Glue Marino's ARM on Tua and I'll join the cult! Beyond the studies and stats

just throw the pig at the combine and let my eyes make the comparative decision!

No I don't think he's gonna show because he won't show well VS. the competition.

Like a Kentucky Derby where the supposed "tripple crown fav" stays out of the race!

If you're THAT GOOD ---------- EFFING PROVE IT! Otherwise you got something to hide.

I respect that, I would like and respect him if he throws at the combine

Back
Top Bottom