T-Buck still avalible!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

T-Buck still avalible!!

Oh please not Marion. He was HORRIBLE IN 03.

Jaj said:

Yes I would rather get younger at safety then endure another year of a declining Brock Marion..

Jaj said:
I agree Jaj, his best days are definitely behind him, though I loved his run here in Miami. Do you feel that Saban would have any interest in T-Buck though? I feel that we should be alright with the CB's we have right now (as I stated in a few posts above) and just don't think T-Buck would fit into Saban's system.

painnotpleasure said:
I agree Jaj, his best days are definitely behind him, though I loved his run here in Miami. Do you feel that Saban would have any interest in T-Buck though? I feel that we should be alright with the CB's we have right now (as I stated in a few posts above) and just don't think T-Buck would fit into Saban's system.

No I can't see T-Buck doing what Saban asks of him. For one he can't sack the quarterback nor can he press a guy at the line very well.

we could always use anothe CB in here for competion if not to make the team

I wouldn't mind getting him back for a season or two, i loved what he did in miami, but i hated what he couldnt do either, he was the one cb i can remember that could blow the game or totally win the game on one play, he is a playmaker who takes alot of chances but he is great to watch nontheless.

nooooooooooooooooooooo

we have Madison, Howard, Poole, Daniels and Edwards at CB. We dont need Tbuck for CB #6 :lol:

Plus theres a reason we cut Tbuck and a reason he got cut, hes getting up there in age and he has pass interference written all over him.

Philter25 said:
nooooooooooooooooooooo

we have Madison, Howard, Poole, Daniels and Edwards at CB. We dont need Tbuck for CB #6 :lol:

Plus theres a reason we cut Tbuck and a reason he got cut, hes getting up there in age and he has pass interference written all over him.
Yes, my thoughts exactly... also he's not at all a big physical cornerback which Saban likes and he doesn't fit in Saban's system whatsoever. I loved the run T-Buck and Marion had here, but just have to get over the fact that they're way past their primes.

t-buck was a great physical cb but he also did get alot of pass interference calls called on him in crucial situations

painnotpleasure said:
Yes, my thoughts exactly... also he's not at all a big physical cornerback which Saban likes and he doesn't fit in Saban's system whatsoever. I loved the run T-Buck and Marion had here, but just have to get over the fact that they're way past their primes.

T-Buck spent a couple of seasons in the BB system and understands that style of play and I believe he has a SB ring or two with them. Plus we have quite a few young corners that would benefit from the experience. Don't you think that adds a dimension to this team? I think he's a smart player thats always around the ball.

feelthepain said:
T-Buck spent a couple of seasons in the BB system and understands that style of play and I believe he has a SB ring or two with them. Plus we have quite a few young corners that would benefit from the experience. Don't you think that adds a dimension to this team? I think he's a smart player thats always around the ball.
Yes, he got 1 Super Bowl ring with New England in 2001 I think, and yes he's got like almost 15 years of experience. The thing that works against him is that he is undersized (which isn't going to attract Saban) and his age he's going to be 34 this year I think, and I really don't feel Saban would bring in a 34 year old undersized CB. I agree that our younger cornerbacks would benefit from him and there's no doubt in my mind that he's a smart player a will get his yearly 2-4 picks probably wherever he goes. Another key issue would be where would he be on the depth chart... nickleback? dimeback? starter?? He's always been a great nickle back, but I think if we play him during nickel he may end up hurting Poole and Howard more than helping them. If Saban was interested in T-Buck and decided to sign him to a one year deal, I would be very content with that if his salary is reasonable AND he's going to still be productive for us. I would love to see T-Buck finish his career in Miami even if it's just for one more year. But you always got to keep in mind, if the guys still on the market and no other team (especially teams with CB needs) has even made offers to him (which I haven't heard of any), than there's got to be a reason. Don't get me wrong here, I'm not implying that I wouldn't want T-Buck, I loved his run here in Miami, I'm just saying Saban probably would not be interested in for all the reasons that I mentioned.

painnotpleasure said:
Yes, he got 1 Super Bowl ring with New England in 2001 I think, and yes he's got like almost 15 years of experience. The thing that works against him is that he is undersized (which isn't going to attract Saban) and his age he's going to be 34 this year I think, and I really don't feel Saban would bring in a 34 year old undersized CB. I agree that our younger cornerbacks would benefit from him and there's no doubt in my mind that he's a smart player a will get his yearly 2-4 picks probably wherever he goes. Another key issue would be where would he be on the depth chart... nickleback? dimeback? starter?? He's always been a great nickle back, but I think if we play him during nickel he may end up hurting Poole and Howard more than helping them. If Saban was interested in T-Buck and decided to sign him to a one year deal, I would be very content with that if his salary is reasonable AND he's going to still be productive for us. I would love to see T-Buck finish his career in Miami even if it's just for one more year. But you always got to keep in mind, if the guys still on the market and no other team (especially teams with CB needs) has even made offers to him (which I haven't heard of any), than there's got to be a reason. Don't get me wrong here, I'm not implying that I wouldn't want T-Buck, I loved his run here in Miami, I'm just saying Saban probably would not be interested in for all the reasons that I mentioned.

I would agree with your points, plus you have Madison to teach the young pups. I also loved T-Buck while here. I was reading that (local NY paper) he called the Jets and they passed on him, and the Jets are starved for corners. That puts a little red flag up also.

If Saban goes that way fine, as long as it is a 1 year low salary.

T-Buck was always a boon or bust kind of player.He could win a game for you and he could also lose a game for you.Most coaches like a little more consistency

feelthepain said:
I know he doesn't fit Sabans plans

See, when you start a sentence with these exact words- there's really no point in continuing to explain further why you think we should sign someone, because it isn't going to happen.

Back
Top Bottom