Tagliabue Briefly Speaks On Ricky | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tagliabue Briefly Speaks On Ricky

I'm a Dolphin fan and I hope they throw the book at Pothead Ricky!

If Saban takes him back for the purpose of allowing him to return to the team, then that's where I draw the line. I know there are many of you who feel differently about this and that's fine. I will not accept this from Nick Saban, especially when we have Ronnie Brown and Kay Jay Harris.

Ricky Pothead Williams should NEVER be allowed back on this team. I don't care what Nick Saban or Dan Marino say! This is a major insult to the decent young guys we drafted and its an insult to the current players on the team...PERIOD!:fire:

I HOPE this is only a ploy by Saban to get rid of Ricky and to send him packing to another team, in order to get something in return for his sorry butt.

Dolphin39 said:

If Saban takes him back for the purpose of allowing him to return to the team, then that's where I draw the line. I know there are many of you who feel differently about this and that's fine. I will not accept this from Nick Saban, especially when we have Ronnie Brown and Kay Jay Harris.

Ricky Pothead Williams should NEVER be allowed back on this team. I don't care what Nick Saban or Dan Marino say! This is a major insult to the decent young guys we drafted and its an insult to the current players on the team...PERIOD!:fire:

I HOPE this is only a ploy by Saban to get rid of Ricky and to send him packing to another team, in order to get something in return for his sorry butt.

:wave:

Dolphin39 said:
Don't care what Saban and Marino say? What about his teamates? Who needs to say something for you to give him another chance?

Are you this upset about the undrafted player who raped a girl?

Dolphin39 said:

How do you feel about Randy Mac? Should we ditch him too, since he was arrested for getting into a fight with his wife? How about Crowder and Roth? Are you really upset about Ricky's morality... or do you just feel personally wronged that he retired a day before training camp?

AlanSaysYo said:
Seems like they tried to give him special treatment a couple months ago when his lawyer and agent worked out that deal with the NFL, and then Ricky refused to sign it. Tags is probably just happy to be rubbing that back in his face for jacking around with the league.

And rightfully so.......Ricky spoke poorly of the organization and the league.

Schleprock said:
He's definitely not going to win it considering that Congress is breathing down Tag's back about steroids and drug testing.

honestly "drug" testing for weed, coke and other abused substances like that was not a huge issue for testing, basically they had it covered... The steroid thing they didn't so I think he maybe able to appeal for maybe a lesser penalty than 4 game sit out

To all you Ricky supporters.

1. Ricky's actions had a direct, negative effect on the team.
2. Ricky made a choice to use marijuana...AGAIN.
3. Ricky has a HISTORY of making the same mistake.
4. Ricky knew the consequences BEFORE using drugs..he didn't care.
5. Ricky walked out on the Dolphins and his teamates without warning.
6. Ricky said he didn't want to play football.
7. Do you guys equate being fired from a team to being condemed to hell?:roflmao:
8. Ricky blames everyone else for his actions.
9. Ricky does not blame himself.
10. Do you need more......?

Let it go man, just let it go. I've been P.O.'d over this whole matter, but he's coming back and we've got to live with it. Let's just support the team.

fishfan34 said:
That's fine.. no big deal.. that gives Ronnie Brown all preseason to be the man, plus 4 regular season games.. it also gives ricky time to get into as good of shape as possible and then come in and rock and roll.. i'd prefer he not win an appeal and try and rush anything ...
Interesting thought...

We are all pretty sure Ricky will be suspended for 4 games IF he comes back. Here is my question... Since I assume the preseason games can not be the '4 games' that he is suspended, can he play in the preseason? It is an interesting concept. Because if you keep him out of the preseason too, it is like a 9 game suspension (we have 5 preseason games this year).

Anyone have any further info on this?

FiN.in.RI said:
I guess you're talking about the unforgiving Jesus. :confused: :rolleyes:

:rofl: :roflmao: That was great.

phinphanphrommi said:
How do you feel about Randy Mac? Should we ditch him too, since he was arrested for getting into a fight with his wife? How about Crowder and Roth? Are you really upset about Ricky's morality... or do you just feel personally wronged that he retired a day before training camp?

Lame comparisons. Not one of them were comparable in the devastation such a "simple retirement" caused as you speak.

Agua said:
Let it go man, just let it go. I've been P.O.'d over this whole matter, but he's coming back and we've got to live with it. Let's just support the team.

Aqua, why "just let it go?" If you're passionate about somethiong, which all of us are when it comes to the Dolphins, then speak on it. Just because we're anti-Ricky, does not mean we're no longer supporting the team. You can disagree with small elements, but be in support of the whole.

enigmatics said:
Lame comparisons. Not one of them were comparable in the devastation such a "simple retirement" caused as you speak.

His reservations seem to be in that Ricky is a "bad person". I was speaking only of the double standard that he is likely a fan of other people on the roster whom have committed more serious and violent crimes than smoking pot. I'd hardly say that's a lame comparison.

Back
Top Bottom