Take a break from the predictions and laugh a little... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Take a break from the predictions and laugh a little...

2009:

NO
Ind
Min
NYJ

2010:

GB
Chi
Pitt
NYJ
NE

I like that you added Minnesota since they didn't get to the Super Bowl which lends credence to your 'Jets are elite' opinion. Minnesota hasn't been in the SB since 1976. Not elite.

I like that you added Minnesota since they didn't get to the Super Bowl which lends credence to your 'Jets are elite' opinion. Minnesota hasn't been in the SB since 1976. Not elite.

Did you ask me who I thought was elite or areyou telling me? you asked the question, I answered it. yes, I consider a final four team to have had an elite season. Sorry that bothers you.

Continue with the shots at me. Relax, as if I'm a mess b/c of your weird comment. C'mon man, let's be mature about it.

Someone is overly sensitive today, you take many more shots at me than I take at you as I really don't ever take shots at you.

2009:

NO - 13-3 year, won the SB, went 24-8 in two years after. I'd agree they were elite.

Ind - 14-2 year, lost to NO in SB. Prior to that they hadn't won fewer than 10 games since 2001. Manning gets hurt, they get Luck. I'd agree they were elite.
Min - 12-4 year, lost in OT to NO in NFCCG. Prior to that they were above .500 four times in an eight year span. Haven't been to SB since 1976. Not elite.
NYJ - 9-7 year, lost to IND in AFCCG. Four playoff appearances in eight years prior. Haven't been to SB since 1969. Not elite.

2010:

GB - 10-6 year, beat PIT in SB. Made the playoffs the year prior and two seasons after. Has one of the best QBs in the game. They are elite.
Chi - 11-5 year, lost to GB in NFCCG. Hadn't made the playoffs since 2006 when they lost to IND in the SB and haven't made them since 2010. Not elite.
Pitt - 12-4 year, lost to GB in in SB. Won the SB in 2008. Have made the playoffs eight times since 2001. They are elite.
NYJ - 11-5 year, lost to PIT in AFCCG. Same reasons above.
NE - 14-2 year, lost to NYJ in Divisional Round. Have made the playoffs every year since 2001 except twice, going 9-7 in 2002 and 11-5 in 2008. Have been to the SB fives times in that span too. Also have double-digit wins in each of the last 9 seasons (since 03). They are elite.

Any reason you omitted Baltimore? They went 12-4 in 2010. They've made the playoffs in each of the last five seasons, all with Flacco at QB. Winning this year's SB puts them in the discussion.

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

Someone is overly sensitive today, you take many more shots at me than I take at you as I really don't ever take shots at you.

Course not. You're that much better than I.

NO - 13-3 year, won the SB, went 24-8 in two years after. I'd agree they were elite.
Ind - 14-2 year, lost to NO in SB. Prior to that they hadn't won fewer than 10 games since 2001. Manning gets hurt, they get Luck. I'd agree they were elite.
Min - 12-4 year, lost in OT to NO in NFCCG. Prior to that they were above .500 four times in an eight year span. Haven't been to SB since 1976. Not elite.
NYJ - 9-7 year, lost to IND in AFCCG. Four playoff appearances in eight years prior. Haven't been to SB since 1969. Not elite.

2010:

GB - 10-6 year, beat PIT in SB. Made the playoffs the year prior and two seasons after. Has one of the best QBs in the game. They are elite.
Chi - 11-5 year, lost to GB in NFCCG. Hadn't made the playoffs since 2006 when they lost to IND in the SB and haven't made them since 2010. Not elite.
Pitt - 12-4 year, lost to GB in in SB. Won the SB in 2008. Have made the playoffs eight times since 2001. They are elite.
NYJ - 11-5 year, lost to PIT in AFCCG. Same reasons above.
NE - 14-2 year, lost to NYJ in Divisional Round. Have made the playoffs every year since 2001 except twice, going 9-7 in 2002 and 11-5 in 2008. Have been to the SB fives time in that span too. Also have double-digit wins in each of the last 9 seasons (since 03). They are elite.

Any reason you omitted Baltimore? They went 12-4 in 2010. They've made the playoffs in each of the last five seasons, all with Flacco at QB. Winning this year's SB puts them in the discussion.

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

Course not. You're that much better than I.

I had NE in 2010 b/c they went 14-2, 12-4 is a great record but 14-2 in on a completely different level. Bal didn't make a title game either year and never won 13-14 games so I din't have them in the elite group.

You asked me about individual seasons then in your breakdown discuss seasons before and after those particular seasons.

You need to stop w/ the nonsense, just focus on football.

so you think there is only 1 elite team per year? that's silly, there is 1 SB champion per year but multiple elite teams.

If I was only examining teams based on that 1 year and ignored what each team has done in the past, then yes. We don't do that though. We can look at what teams did in the previous years. There can be more than 1 elite team, but a team that hasn't won a Super Bowl should not be considered elite like teams that have.

You didn't respond to my post on the last page, so maybe you missed it. Here it is again:

Only 6 teams qualify for the playoffs in each conference. If winning 1 playoff game makes you elite, then you might as well say you are elite if you make the playoffs. You are final 6 in your conference. The Dolphins made the divisional round 3 straight years from 1998 to 2000. You really think they were elite? How can you use the same term for a team that got blown out in the divisional round as teams that got to, and won Super Bowls? Those are the elite teams. The other teams can be the better teams, but certainly not elite.

If I was only examining teams based on that 1 year and ignored what each team has done in the past, then yes. We don't do that though. We can look at what teams did in the previous years. There can be more than 1 elite team, but a team that hasn't won a Super Bowl should not be considered elite like teams that have.

You didn't respond to my post on the last page, so maybe you missed it. Here it is again:

I don't think 1 playoff win makes you elite, where did I say that? I didn't give any # of wins. The dolphins weren't elite 1998-2000 b/c they proved they couldn't play w/ the big boys losing by a combined 127-10 in the 3 div rd games.

I think NE was in 2010 b/c they won 14 games, I think Atl as a 1 seed 2 of the last 3 seasons even though they have won just 1 playoff game has been, I also think Bal pre 2012 was elite based on making 2 title games from '08-'11.

You need to stop w/ the nonsense, just focus on football.

This is why a lot of people don't like you. You're the one who made the homophobic comment yet I'm the one who needs to stop? What's wrong with you?

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

I had NE in 2010 b/c they went 14-2, 12-4 is a great record but 14-2 in on a completely different level. Bal didn't make a title game either year and never won 13-14 games so I din't have them in the elite group.

You asked me about individual seasons then in your breakdown discuss seasons before and after those particular seasons.

I don't consider teams to be elite based on one season. To me it's a body of work. Were the Colts elite when they went from 2-14 to 10-6 and into the playoffs? Not to me. Dolphins either from 1-15 to 11-5 and into the playoffs (yes only to get killed by BAL).

This is why a lot of people don't like you. You're the one who made the homophobic comment yet I'm the one who needs to stop? What's wrong with you?

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

I don't consider teams to be elite based on one season. To me it's a body of work. Were the Colts elite when they went from 2-14 to 10-6 and into the playoffs? Not to me. Dolphins either from 1-15 to 11-5 and into the playoffs (yes only to get killed by BAL).

A) I couldn't care less if people on here like me or not especially those that do nothing but bash me b/c they don't like my football opinions

B) It was a JOKE, sorry you don't have a sense of humor.

you asked specifically on one particular season.

The '12 Colts got battered in the WC rd, same thing w/ the '08 Phins so no neither were elite. had they won 2 playoff games and made the title game they would have had elite seasons.

I don't think 1 playoff win makes you elite, where did I say that? I didn't give any # of wins. The dolphins weren't elite 1998-2000 b/c they proved they couldn't play w/ the big boys losing by a combined 127-10 in the 3 div rd games.

I think NE was in 2010 b/c they won 14 games, I think Atl as a 1 seed 2 of the last 3 seasons even though they have won just 1 playoff game has been, I also think Bal pre 2012 was elite based on making 2 title games from '08-'11.

Did you not say that a team was elite if they consistently made the divisional round? (Final 4 of your conference) You get there with a bye, or with 1 WC playoff win. Any team that doesn't win a Super Bowl proves that they are not on the same level as teams that do win the Super Bowl.

If you are just examining 1 season in 2010, how can NE be elite like GB when NE was 1 and done in the playoffs and GB won a Super Bowl? We have a much longer time frame to judge Atl, and since they have been consistently in the playoffs, I would call them one of the better NFC team, but not elite.

A) I couldn't care less if people on here like me or not especially those that do nothing but bash me b/c they don't like my football opinions

B) It was a JOKE, sorry you don't have a sense of humor.

I've never seen you make a joke before. Don't start if that's the sort of weird humor you have.

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

The '12 Colts got battered in the WC rd, same thing w/ the '08 Phins so no neither were elite. had they won 2 playoff games and made the title game they would have had elite seasons.

How is Atlanta elite then since they hadn't won a playoff game until his year under Matt Ryan? B/c they won some regular season games? If they were elite they would've done more than just finish a high seed to then not get to the SB.

Did you not say that a team was elite if they consistently made the divisional round? (Final 4 of your conference) You get there with a bye, or with 1 WC playoff win. Any team that doesn't win a Super Bowl proves that they are not on the same level as teams that do win the Super Bowl.

If you are just examining 1 season in 2010, how can NE be elite like GB when NE was 1 and done in the playoffs and GB won a Super Bowl? We have a much longer time frame to judge Atl, and since they have been consistently in the playoffs, I would call them one of the better NFC team, but not elite.

There's a difference btw consistently and once in a while. If a team is in the dic rd every year w/ a conf title app here and there they are elite, if they are in the div rd every year and lose(especially the way Miami didn't even compete) then they are not elite.

NE won 14 games, I can take 1 game as asort of a fluky thing for them. If it was like 2009 where they won 10 and lost in the WC rd that's different but winning 14 games is elite in any season.

I can buy Atl not being elite overall but at the very least they are an elite NFC team.

I've never seen you make a joke before. Don't start if that's the sort of weird humor you have.

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

How is Atlanta elite then since they hadn't won a playoff game until his year under Matt Ryan? B/c they won some regular season games? If they were elite they would've done more than just finish a high seed to then not get to the SB.

I crack jokes often actually, my jokes are funny unlike our resident 3rd grade photoshop artist.

You don't see the difference btw being a 1 seed 2 of 3 years vs. being a 5 or 6 seed that is one and done?

There's a difference btw consistently and once in a while. If a team is in the dic rd every year w/ a conf title app here and there they are elite, if they are in the div rd every year and lose(especially the way Miami didn't even compete) then they are not elite.

NE won 14 games, I can take 1 game as asort of a fluky thing for them. If it was like 2009 where they won 10 and lost in the WC rd that's different but winning 14 games is elite in any season.

I can buy Atl not being elite overall but at the very least they are an elite NFC team.

You are changing your criteria. :lol: It is not just making the divisional round then? You have to advance to a conference championship every once in a while?

So you finally admit that the Jets win over NE in 2010 was a fluky thing? :chuckle:

You are changing your criteria. :lol: It is not just making the divisional round then? You have to advance to a conference championship every once in a while?

So you finally admit that the Jets win over NE in 2010 was a fluky thing? :chuckle:

Where did I say it was just making the div rd?

The Jets beat them up but from a NE perspective it was fluky for them. They proved over 16 games they were the best but anything can happen in 1 game in this era.

Back
Top Bottom