Take our money and come to Miami | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Take our money and come to Miami

James Conner is not the guy. He's injured prone.

And there’s the problem
That part of your statement means he’s a guaranteed to be a Dolphins signing then.

Connor is playing to get paid this year after a disappointing and injury riddled start in Pitt. He will want huge money after playing well 1 season and then go DVP on whomever wins his lotto.

Would I be shocked if its S Fla? Heck NO...its likely because the most brittle wind up there

They didn't spend big on Conner....1 year, $1.75 million. And OP is giving him value than is there. He's on pace to get just over 800 yards rushing in a 17 game season on 3.8 ypc and while it's cool he has 8 catches tonight, that gives him a grand total of 28 catches on the year.

That's not a guy who you just throw money at.
2million ain't no money in nfl no more. That good invest for rb..

I wouldn't mind him on a 1 or 2 year deal but that should not AT ALL preclude us from drafting a back HIGH... AFTER signing TWO top FA OL. Armstead should be priority number one

I mean, I see your point but you can't disagree that a RB of that caliber IF paired with a good defense and adequate passing game you'd sure get closer with than without. The problem is when a team realizes they hit on a RB that good they often stop being inventive in the other areas.
Like I said
Draft them
Don’t pay for them

Anyone who knows anything about the NFL is that you don’t buy free agent RBs, no matter what, it doesnt pay off.
You draft a couple of RB every three years and run them into the ground and then throw em in the trash. It’s a position you can draft in the second and third rounds.
Dumb idea to spend money on a RB
Geez dude. A little harsh with the "throw them in the trash" statement ya think?

spanky-throwing-money.gif

James Connor!

Been watching this guy that past few weeks and after tonight that's it. Go get him this FA period.

Going to be tough to pry him from AZ unless things fall apart badly but I think we can offer him the money, climate, and team attitude.

Guy can block, run people over, and is a ridiculous route runner and catcher for a man his size.
I so do not give RB's the big second contract.....NEVER will work out.

I so do not give RB's the big second contract.....NEVER will work out.
Cool,because we're not talking a big contract. Guaranteed money would be less than Will Fuller the Thieve collected this year for 4 catches.

This is a solid draft to look for a RB. But not to high. There really is no 1st round type back in this draft. A lot of power types though that will start maybe mid late 2nd through the 4th. We do have a 3rd and 2 4ths.
Are you sure there are no backs worth a hi pick? I haven’t dove in yet..

With the exeption of maybe 4 or 5 of the top paid rbs, I would think most 25 or 26 year old vets are making about the same $$$ as rookie rbs drafted in either the 1st or 2nd round. So if you're preaching the theory draft one and use him for 3 or 4 years and then move on, i might not be that different from signing one and use him for 2 or 3 years and move on. A vet like Linday for example likely has 2 or 3 years of decent play left in the tank, especially if he's in the right situation. That being said a rookie or a 25 year old vet is going to struggle behind Miami's current line. I'm in the camp that calls for spending fa$ to solidify the oline and draft a young rb like Spiller or Breece Hall. There are other options in the upcoming draft worth looking at, but Miami's in a situation where they can use a 2nd round pick on a decent back. Hopefully nobody trades up infront of them and steals the rb target as has happened in 2020 and 2021.

Back
Top Bottom