Take stab at an athletic qb | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Take stab at an athletic qb

jroure

Practice Squad
Reaction score
After drafting Brown at 2, the phins should take a stab at an athletic qb like mcpherson and/or campbell. We've had pocket qbs, its not a extra threat. Fiedler was our "most atheletic" qb in recent history, gritty, but no threat to run and break a game open. Feeley and Ferrotte are a push in their mobility. Groom a athlete that can throw and run a'la Culpepper, Rothesburger, McNabb, Vick, Gerrard, even Leftwich with his limp...etc.

It'd be interesting, and i'll admit thats one of campbells more intriging qualities, but i have to ask, is Alex Smith mobile at all?

smith is as mobile as rothelesburger, leftwich isnt very mobile though

all qbs are athletic or they wouldnt be in the nfl

I'd like to stab a athletic QB named Fiedler.

All i've heard about alex smith is how athletic he is, and if he has the scrambling abilities of big ben, then i think hes a good pick witht he #2 overall.

If we dont take a QB in this draft at all, then that would just be crap. Feeley would laugh an evil laugh as he drove us on an express train straight to hell.

jroure said:
After drafting Brown at 2, the phins should take a stab at an athletic qb like mcpherson and/or campbell. We've had pocket qbs, its not a extra threat. Fiedler was our "most atheletic" qb in recent history, gritty, but no threat to run and break a game open. Feeley and Ferrotte are a push in their mobility. Groom a athlete that can throw and run a'la Culpepper, Rothesburger, McNabb, Vick, Gerrard, even Leftwich with his limp...etc.

How about we get a quarterback that does what a quarterback is supposed to do.....throw the ball?

KB21 said:
How about we get a quarterback that does what a quarterback is supposed to do.....throw the ball?
exactly... McPherson can throw bombs but apparently struggled with his touch passes (I would still take him tho), but Campbell can pass and run a very good offense in the NFL IMO.

dlphns8405 said:
all qbs are athletic or they wouldnt be in the nfl
Someone forgot to tell the Pats , bills and now cowboys that.

I agree, if can't get franchise QB as backup to groom (I want Ronnie Brown this year), then an athletic QB would be nice to have as a backup.

The only problem with "mobile" QBs is that they tend to be less effective when they are scrambling and they tend to get hurt. This is why coaches try to keep QBs in the pocket. I'd prefer to have a QB who has good pocket awareness and can move away from the rush when necessary but who passes from the protection of the pocket.

KB21 said:

I'm inclined to agree with you... but I wonder if Miami is able to realize yet that no matter who we get isn't going to live up to Marino's standards. I wonder if maybe getting a mid-round "athletic" QB might be better... that way we fans won't be expecting him to do the things Marino did... execpt win that is :tongue:

Kyle Orton in the Third would be on my wishlist. Not a great athlete but he can throw the rock. Dan Marino wasn't exectly a track star but he could get rid of the foorball and avoid the sack.

Back
Top Bottom