Tale of two Skylar's | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tale of two Skylar's

Honestly there's only 1 Skylar.

The kid is up against real talent and real game conditions and real planning against him.

It's really that simple.
The weaknesses in Skylar’s game are present within the video, but most people do not understand the difference in the defense on the video and the current defenses in the nfl.

It is more than just the talent level. Defensive coaches are scheming to take away what the offense is trying to do. There is no scheming during preseason. Skylar has the physical skills to be a good NFL QB. He struggles to process the vast amount of info that NFL QBs have to process. MCD makes it harder by the late play calls. The challenge with the call is made worse by confusion from the skill players. This shortens the time available for presnap reads which he struggles to perform. There is not enough time for the motion to be clean complicating the read. He is under pressure on the majority of pass reps. Everyone around Skylar needs to up their game.

Ya he's very limited on what he can actually do as a pro athlete.
I don't believe management is to blame for all his disappointments during his time on the field. I believe that he is not a starting QB or even a backup in this league.
So he was good in college at times. That doesn't mean anything in the Pro leagues.
Hey sorry I took a shot at you, I was just angry about the game and had nothing to do with you. I feel shame now

I am a Thompson fan, still am. With that said however, you need to address the depth behind Tua, Thompson is a good QB to have in camp this year to compete with someone other than Bridgewater. Bridgewater is just terrible in this offense, the guy looks like a deer in headlights.

Thompson has shown signs of improvement over the original games he's played. I don't know if the switch will eventually go on like it did for Tua and what his upper potential is if the switch does go on but he's at least earned a spot at camp in 23 to compete for a backup position.

It is the eye black. He wasn't wearing it in preseason and now his face is smeared with it. Must be getting in his eyes..... (j/k)

Back
Top Bottom