Tale of two Skylar's | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tale of two Skylar's

I have not held back on my objective criticism of Skylar Thompson and his inability to be even a functional NFL QB. It has been ugly (to this point) and I will leave it at that. I like many were very high on him after his performance in the preseason. I have stated that this was against lesser talent and vanilla defenses, HOWEVER after going back and watching is preseason highlights, I see a drastically different QB than I do in his regular season play.

I mean watch this!

You see a QB throwing in rhythm accurately and confidently and taking a few chances to let his guy makes plays. It is in stark contrast to what he looks like now. You also see a QB who immediately knows when to run when it opens up. This leads me to believe one or 2 things:

1, he was playing in the preseason loose and not wasting his opportunity to make the squad. Now that he has made it, he is now scared of losing it . Or, 2.....the coaching staff has told him to play it very safe, don't throw it unless wide open, and don't run because we are down to our 3rd string QB in fear of injury.

If it is the 2nd, that sucks and needs to be corrected immediately!

The kid has shown he can obviously throw on time to where it is supposed to go and run and use his legs effectively. So why the change? It is more than just better competition and defensive game plans. What ever it is, I hope it gets fixed immediately and we see more of the preseason Skylar attitude against Buffalo or else it will not be pretty for him or this team!

There is also tape on him now. Opposing DC’s are not stupid. They will take away whatever limited skills he has.

?????
Talking just to hear themselves talk.
Ridiculous. This is a discussion and I was responding to a specific post as a reply. Maybe you have that poster blocked so you couldn’t see the quote.

He said he wanted a backup that is starter quality. A backup that is starter quality is not a backup and won’t want the role.

So who is it? Name one.

He needs to throw it over the middle. By the end of the first quarter the announcers need to be saying it and every viewer thinking it: The Dolphins have gone back to unapologetically throwing it quick over the middle

From that video, our best strategy this week is simple:
1. Re-sign Lynn Bowden, Jr.
2. Convince the Bills to play their 3rd string, practice squad, and released player defense.

skylar needs permission to go off script, if we dont see that on sunday then we know we have a possible red flag with iur coach.

Skyler is important and I hope he does well but this game is on McCoach. He's the one that needs to figure out how the Jills want to defend him and plan accordingly. He should have learned by the West Coast games that teams adjust and if you don't you lose.
BTW it was #2, You can't let you 3rd string QB run a lot when the only two other QB's on the roster are in traction. #19 goes down and you get the Water Boy taking snaps.

I really hope this week the coaching staff is like “**** it, unleash this kid” this week. We’ve literally got nothing to lose and I hope we play like it.

skylar needs permission to go off script, if we dont see that on sunday then we know we have a possible red flag with iur coach.
Agreed. There’s a time and a place to teach Skylar to stay within script. That time and place is during the off-season, training camp, preseason and practice. Not during an NFL playoff game.

Back
Top Bottom