Tale of two Skylar's | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tale of two Skylar's

People are so hung up on end stats that they fail to realize context.

In no way am I saying Skylars a stud or elite or anything.

But anyone using the last Jets game to evaluate Skylar for the Buffalo game is being disingenuous at best IMO.

It was clear, from anyone watching the game, the plan was to not lose the game
Skylar played conservative and not to lose.

Different from first Jets game and Minny.

Skylar was not afraid nor hesitant to throw it up to Hill or Waddle. His 17 DPI calls prove that the 1st Jets game.

The Minny game also proves that. Before he got hurt, many believed he could pull it out. He looked pretty darn good.

When you look at Skylar, we will most likely be getting Minny Skylar.

It's no longer trying to get the playoffs. It's no longer trying to not lose the game.

It's a must win.

So I chuckle and laugh when. I read all these Miami has no shot
Miami has a 1% chance to win.

The fact is the Bills are Jekyll and Hyde. If we're getting MVP Allen, yeah it will probably be a long day.

But if we get the average Allen of the last 6 weeks, we are getting an Allen who's inaccurate. An Allen who throws red zone INTS. A Bills team that is sloppy and vulnerable.

With Hill and Waddle, if the Bills are planning on stacking the box and forcing Skylar to beat them, Miami very well could be looking at a quick 14 early points.

I am still calling a huge upset. 2nd week in a row Sanders wins it.

Miamis defense will show up.

24 points will win this game IMO.

Last edited:
You mean he's not tearing it up like some predicted and should have been the starter since day 1?

That's shocking to me!
really amazing .. if he craps the bed this week, even in a tough environment against a good team, is anybody going to be upset if he's not on our roster next year??

chalk this year up to pretty bad luck (which is seems we have with injuries every year) but it would be interesting to see this matchup against buffalo with a healthy Tua, our 2 tackles healthy, and our secondary intact. the line would probably move to buff -4

I really hope this week the coaching staff is like “**** it, unleash this kid” this week. We’ve literally got nothing to lose and I hope we play like it.
Looks to me that Skylar was told to not F it up vs the Jets. He will have to really open it up this week for us to not get blown out. Playing to not lose is how you lose. Let’s see what the so called evil genius has up his sleeve.

People are so hung up on end stats that they fail to realize context.

In no way am I saying Skylars a stud or elite or anything.

But anyone using the last Jets game to evaluate Skylar for the Buffalo game is being disingenuous at best IMO.

It was clear, from anyone watching the game, the plan was to not lose the game
Skylar played conservative and not to lose.

Different from first Jets game and Minny.

Skylar was not afraid nor hesitant to throw it up to Hill or Waddle. His 17 DPI calls prove that the 1st Jets game.

The Minny game also proves that. Before he got hurt, many believed he could pull it out. He looked pretty darn good.

When you look at Skylar, we will most likely be getting Minny Skylar.

It's no longer trying to get the playoffs. It's no longer trying to not lose the game.

It's a must win.

So I chuckle and laugh when. I read all these Miami has no shot
Miami has a 1% chance to win.

The fact is the Bills are Jekyll and Hyde. If we're getting MVP Allen, yeah it will probably be a long day.

But if we get the average Allen of the last 6 weeks, we are getting an Allen who's inaccurate. An Allen who throws red zone INTS. A Bills team that is sloppy and vulnerable.

With Hill and Waddle, if the Bills are planning on stacking the box and forcing Skylar to beat them, Miami very well could be looking at a quick 14 early points.

I am still calling a huge upset. 2nd week in a row Sanders wins it.

Miamis defense will show up.

24 points will win this game IMO.
The only hope we have is for Josh Allen to continue to turn it over in the RZ. If he does that we have a shot. D has to get off the damn field. Couldn’t do it vs the Jets and the Bills offense is on another level.

really amazing .. if he craps the bed this week, even in a tough environment against a good team, is anybody going to be upset if he's not on our roster next year??

chalk this year up to pretty bad luck (which is seems we have with injuries every year) but it would be interesting to see this matchup against buffalo with a healthy Tua, our 2 tackles healthy, and our secondary intact. the line would probably move to buff -4

Wait till next year. LOL

Stick to the ol’ eye test on this one, fellas. The kid doesn’t have the stones. He’s trigger shy. It’s not rocket science.

I’m begging the pigskin gods to give him the bravery to go out swinging. Throw the 5 INTs if that’s the way it goes down, guy, but let it rip.

There’s really no other choice. You’re not going to beat this Buffalo team with defense and running. Field goals ain’t gonna take care of this one.

They just need to call those designed roll outs and run more with him. Let him play loose. He looked awful playing too carefull. Preseason he ad lib many plays.

Off topic but, how bad must Deiter be to have Eichen-dingleberry start over him?

Why are we so critical of a first year NFL Rookie QB who has only played a few games. Skylar is a developmental QB who should have not seen playing time this year. We all know that did not happen. I do not know why we are so quick to judge his potential NFL talent so quickly... Bust,,,, move on to the next one. We should see vast improvements next year. The more time he has to practice and play, the slower the game appears to him. Let's hope Miami Mike builds a scheme around his current abilities to maximize our offense..

Yeah! Looking at their injury report and it's amazing. They're practically 100%
I don't know what the deal is with our team having so much injuries. It seems like it this way every season.
I can't remember the last time we finished a season relatively at full strenght.

I don't know what the deal is with our team having so much injuries. It seems like it this way every season.
I can't remember the last time we finished a season relatively at full strenght.
if i was good at sports medicine i would apply for the dolphins job.. science wasn't my strong field.. i was good at gym though:UP:

Stick to the ol’ eye test on this one, fellas. The kid doesn’t have the stones. He’s trigger shy. It’s not rocket science.

I’m begging the pigskin gods to give him the bravery to go out swinging. Throw the 5 INTs if that’s the way it goes down, guy, but let it rip.

There’s really no other choice. You’re not going to beat this Buffalo team with defense and running. Field goals ain’t gonna take care of this one.

"Old Eyes" seems to be having trouble with visual reality. - LOL

Any odds that somebody "doubles down" on being stupid in reply? - LOL

Because we are spending our money on walking dead . Armstead, Fuller , Jones, etc. The list is to long to mention.

I can see an Oline next year of ARMSTEAD WILLIAMS EICHENBERG HUNT FISHER - personally feel Eich would be perfect at C - arms are a little shorter and otherwise he's prototypical height and weight. Move Williams to G next to Terron and that looks like a damn good line. If not Eichenberg at C (which is maybe a stretch) draft a center or free agent. Anyway, that's next year.

Back
Top Bottom