Talk about a "monkey wrench" ( something that disrupts. threw a monkey wrench into the peace negotiations.) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Talk about a "monkey wrench" ( something that disrupts. threw a monkey wrench into the peace negotiations.)

mwestberry

Club Member
Reaction score
We all have talked about and analyzed and defended and even fought each other about the top players we want @ 3 and 18 ....

We have seen teams including the Dolphins come out of left field too with early picks

I want to know which players Miami could use and are ranked in the first round that, if picked, would make you want to pull your boxers straight up over your head (or for those of you frequenting the LOUNGE ... get your panties all twisted :chuckle:)
The BIG BOARDS will shuffle... prospects will rise and fall for various reasons ... player ranked 32 may get picked @ 15 ...

Not really wanting to hear about the obvious guys already discussed (:dead:) ... more curious in the other guys that will probably be picked by some team in the first round and you hope it's not us ...

Any thoughts?

Personally ... I don't think QB is in play but if so ...

#3 Zach Wilson ...
We have a QB on training wheels already ... don't like his comp level in college ...

#3 Kwity Paye DL ... haven't heard anything about him even though he's projected @ 8th best prospect according to CBS.com

A combination of Smith and QB Mac Jones ??????

You guys know how it turns out at times ... is there a "nightmare" scenario that concerns you?

Sorry ... he is already a contender that has been discussed ...

why would you NOT want Parsons @ 3? Is it because you have your sights on another or do you not think he is a game changing player?
A good player yes but a diva linebacker in the top 3 picks of the draft make me sick
If we were to trade down and pick him at 11-12-13 that would be another story

A good player yes but a diva linebacker in the top 3 picks of the draft make me sick
If we were to trade down and pick him at 11-12-13 that would be another story
I really like this since with the inevitable 2nd rounders you get from this trade back you can draft another LB if you want. Hedge your bet at worse, get two stud LBs at best.

People who don't advocate for trading down tend to miss the value of doubling down on a position group. If the 1st round pick is good you added quality depth. If they bust then you have a good likelihood of at least a serviceable player. Perfect way to manage red flags on talented players.

We all have talked about and analyzed and defended and even fought each other about the top players we want @ 3 and 18 ....

We have seen teams including the Dolphins come out of left field too with early picks

I want to know which players Miami could use and are ranked in the first round that, if picked, would make you want to pull your boxers straight up over your head (or for those of you frequenting the LOUNGE ... get your panties all twisted :chuckle:)
The BIG BOARDS will shuffle... prospects will rise and fall for various reasons ... player ranked 32 may get picked @ 15 ...

Not really wanting to hear about the obvious guys already discussed (:dead:) ... more curious in the other guys that will probably be picked by some team in the first round and you hope it's not us ...

Any thoughts?

Apparently, anyone picked at #3 will cause a few to contemplate suicide and, for some, it's anyone from a specific position. I'll say anyone not of a position of need, OK, someone's going to jump in and say Miami needs upgrades at ALL positions. I don't want anyone from a position not filling one of the 3 biggest holes

Any thoughts?
Great idea for a thread @mwestberry !

Wish I could be more helpful posting, but honestly, this is a weird draft. No combine. Most likely scenario being that we trade back ... I can't really rule any player out. Obvious answer is that if we draft Mac Jones at #3 I'll lose my shiz and invest in paper bag masks, but that 's simply never going to happen.

Lots of high-bust-potential picks that would make me curse ... but that have boom potential that I couldn't rule out, like Kwity Paye. I'll be disappointed if we select Penei Sewell, but he's also a very good prospect, just not polished yet.

But if I get one semi-realistic pick at #3 overall that will make me lose it, it'd probably be Micah Parsons. Good player and prospect ... just poor positional value at #3. I'm also of the mind that we need to build around our young QB, so any defensive pick at #3 gets downgraded this draft in my mind.

At #18, I'm wide open, and if any of those elite CB's are available, I'm just fine with drafting them despite keeping X and Jones. Lots of OL and WR come into play at 18 as well, so while I have my preferences, I'm not going to scream bloody murder if we draft OL or WR. I'm less excited about any LB. Lots of safeties, and while this might be a little high, it's not a face-palm. A DL like Barmore would even be fine. Hard to get outraged by any prospect that is reasonable. But, considering we spent a 1st rounder on Noah Igbinoghene, we're very possibly going to be a wildcard team and pull from a pool of guys who are extremely young and lower-rated, and this is a prime spot for one of those guys. So my question is ... who are the youngest and rawest prospects in this draft? Seems to have worked out with Jackson and not with Iggy, but it's still too early to really know for either. So if you're gonna force me to call one guy ... I'd facepalm if we drafted WR Rondale Moore. He's young and very talented, but too slight and very injury-prone. Yeah, I know, there are going to be a lot of people who dislike this one, but hey, it's the best I got. This is a weird draft.

Back
Top Bottom