Tankathon has the 2024 Mock posted now. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tankathon has the 2024 Mock posted now.

They have us taking Amarius Mims at #54. I’d take that right now. There is no way Mims is there at 54.
That is where PFF has Mims right now too.

Following another big year from Georgia I would expect to see him in R1.

It is early but this looks like a much stronger OL class, especially at Tackle.

I swear if we have a chance at Van Pran and pass him up...

Creed Humphrey
Tyler Linderbaum
Joe Tippmann

3 elite centers. I called for them in every draft. We passed on 1, which was a disgrace...the other 2 we couldn't select because we chose to trade away (and forfeit) picks instead of build a line to protect Tua.

The center touches the ball as much as the QB. He is the leader and voice of the OL...they don't get paid like OT's, so they can be with your QB for a decade or more...its a no brainer to draft an elite center...and somehow we always ignore it.

Look what happened to us this year because of it...smh.

Please, let this be the year we finally take an elite C.

I swear if we have a chance at Van Pran and pass him up...

Creed Humphrey
Tyler Linderbaum
Joe Tippmann

3 elite centers. I called for them in every draft. We passed on 1, which was a disgrace...the other 2 we couldn't select because we chose to trade away (and forfeit) picks instead of build a line to protect Tua.

The center touches the ball as much as the QB. He is the leader and voice of the OL...they don't get paid like OT's, so they can be with your QB for a decade or more...its a no brainer to draft an elite center...and somehow we always ignore it.

Look what happened to us this year because of it...smh.

Please, let this be the year we finally take an elite C.
I agree about Humphrey, that was a bad trade/pick by Grier.

You are missing the top C in this class in Jackson Powers-Johnson, no one has Van Pran over him, Zach Frazier is ahead of Van Pran as well.

To me you don’t take a center at #21 in a loaded class like this.
I tend to agree. I would prefer an OT at #21.

It would depend on who else was there but if JPJ is the best OL in the board I would not be totally against taking him.

It does not look like a good enough DL player will be there so you would be looking at WR and CB as premium positions you want to target in R1. There could be quality options at both of those spots at #21.

The question is how good does a C have to be to impact a team more than a quality guy at WR or CB or Edge?

Is there a C in the NFL right now that you would prefer over a comparable "Premium" position?

Probably not unless your team has everything but a C which is not Miami(or anyone else).

My problem is I really like JPJ and was planning on him being there in R2 so I am annoyed that he is not going to be.

Frazier should make it to #53 though and he is a proper NFL C for sure.

I think I could name 21 guys I’d rather have than JPJ.

I think I could name 21 guys I’d rather have than JPJ.
If they do not trade down then my goal would be OT at #21.

It suits a need and should be value at a premium position.

Mims is my best case scenario but even with the depth at OT I can't see him making it to the Fins.

If there is not a suitable OT then I would try like hell to move back unless there is a surprise sitting there.

So is Mims going to be Armstead's backup until we move on from Armstead in 2025?

I would rather take DT Byron Murphy as Wilkins replacement in round 1.

Then take LB Edgerrin Cooper in round 2 instead of a TE who we dont throw to anyway.

A better thing to do would be to trade down for Bo Nix and pick up additional draft picks, trade Tua for more draft picks and start the rebuild.

Challenge accepted, GO!
1 Caleb Williams
2 Drake Maye
3 Marvin Harrison
4 Olu Fashanu
5 Brock Bowers
6 Joe Alt
7 Malik Nabers
8 Rome Odunze
9 Dallas Turner
10 Laiatu Latu
11 Jared Verse
12 Taliese Fuaga
13 Amarius Mims
14 Quinyon Mitchell
15 Kool-Aid McKinstry
16 Nate Wiggins
17 Kamari Lassiter
18 Byron Murphy
19 Jerzhan Newton
20 Tvondre Sweat
21 Brian Thomas Jr

Jayden Daniels
Michael Penix
Troy Fautanu 😊

Id put him at #25. He is very close on my board.

Last edited:
1 Caleb Williams
2 Drake Maye
3 Marvin Harrison
4 Olu Fashanu
5 Brock Bowers
6 Joe Alt
7 Malik Nabers
8 Rome Odunze
9 Dallas Turner
10 Laiatu Latu
11 Jared Verse
12 Taliese Fuaga
13 Amarius Mims
14 Quinyon Mitchell
15 Kool-Aid McKinstry
16 Nate Wiggins
17 Kamari Lassiter
18 Byron Murphy
19 Jerzhan Newton
20 Tvondre Sweat
21 Brian Thomas Jr

Jayden Daniels
Michael Penix
Troy Fautanu 😊

Id put him at #25. He is very close on my board.
To be fair I think we all assumed you meant 21 guys who you could get at #21.

I was going to specify that but I chose to give you more credit than you obviously deserve. :chuckle:

So is Mims going to be Armstead's backup until we move on from Armstead in 2025?

I would rather take DT Byron Murphy as Wilkins replacement in round 1.

Then take LB Edgerrin Cooper in round 2 instead of a TE who we dont throw to anyway.
What is wrong with that.

Armstead will miss enough games to get value from Mims at LT as a rookie and he could fill in elsewhere as needed until he takes over in year 2.

I would have no problem going with Murphy at #21 if the OT were all gone but they won't be.

Back
Top Bottom