Tannehill better than RG3? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill better than RG3?

Regardless where he ends up, I hope Tannehill is far superior to Griffin, who has always rubbed me the wrong way. No different at the Gruden quarterback camp, with Griffin's ridiculous, "Party on the left arm, all business on the right arm," loud jingling nonsense. I guarantee plenty of NFL defenders watched that program and made plans for their encounters with Griffin. I still don't think that guy has any clue that he played in a video game conference, and was handed the Heisman based on a string of home games to end the season. I'm glad he'll be playing in a division with three formidable opponents.

In terms of Tannehill vs. Griffin, anyone who made their mark based on Big 12 passing is rightfully devalued, IMO. You could blindly hit more than 60% of predictions by applying that simple criteria alone. Today on ESPN I heard Bill Polian describe Brandon Weeden's arm as nothing special, or words to that effect. I realize there's dispute along those lines. I agree with Polian's version. Lots of tight revolutions but the strength never blew me away. Certainly good enough to easily pass the criteria I always use: "Can he zip it in there parallel on 3rd and 10?"

Every year before the draft it's common to think that all the black qbs suck. I've watched this inexplicable phenomena for years now. Lol.

Every year before the draft it's common to think that all the black qbs suck. I've watched this inexplicable phenomena for years now. Lol.

Well, for what it's worth, I want the Phins to pass on Tannehill and take Wilson in the 6th-7th.

Seriously? that couldnt be further from the truth, if anything black qbs get pushed up draft boards. Examples Mike Vick (1st Qb taken in 01) Vince Young (1st QB taken) Jamarcus Russell (1st QB taken) Cam Newton (1st QB taken) but race has absolutely nothing to do with this thread, did you watch the video I posted of RG3? he looks awful, horrible accuracy and decision making.

i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that if tannehill gets time to develop before he's thrown to the wolves he'll be the 2nd best nfl qb to come out of this class...behind only luck...he's got some tools in his shed that many of these other guys don't possess...very good feel for the pocket and pressure climbs the pocket nicely when he feels outside rush always keeps his eyes downfield looking for a target when scrambling but willing to run if its there nfl prototype size very good athleticism throws equally well rolling out to the right or left which is rare most guys can only throw rolling to their strong side with accuracy...the more i look the more i see throws with anticipation...ability to elude the rush with quick subtle foot movements etc...willing to stand in and deliver in the face of the rush doesn't shirk contact unlike blaine gabbert...ii think if this kid had more talent around him and played more qb in college that we would be talking about a top 10 pick...

he's got all the tools

i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that if tannehill gets time to develop before he's thrown to the wolves he'll be the 2nd best nfl qb to come out of this class...behind only luck...he's got some tools in his shed that many of these other guys don't possess...very good feel for the pocket and pressure climbs the pocket nicely when he feels outside rush always keeps his eyes downfield looking for a target when scrambling but willing to run if its there nfl prototype size very good athleticism throws equally well rolling out to the right or left which is rare most guys can only throw rolling to their strong side with accuracy...ability to elude the rush with quick subtle foot movements etc...willing to stand in and deliver in the face of the rush doesn't shirk contact unlike blaine gabbert...ii think if this kid had more talent around him and played more qb in college that we would be talking about a top 10 pick...

he's got all the tools

We ARE talking about a top 10 pick! No, but I know what you're saying, and I agree. I think he's worth a roll of the dice.

Back
Top Bottom