Tannehill: Just run at half speed; Wallace: I am | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill: Just run at half speed; Wallace: I am

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...-his-growthum-seeks-qbsfins-heat-marlins.html

Quick story: Receiver Mike Wallace was running routes recently when Tannehill – impressed by his blazing speed - told him he should go only half speed.

“I am going half speed,” Wallace responded, according to Tannehill.

“Everything I heard about him coming in has proved to be true – he’s as advertised,” Tannehill said. “He’s the fastest guy I’ve ever thrown to. It’s exciting.”

:up:

Yes!

I love it. Tannehill better get used to throwing to that speed. And I do love the chemistry he'll have with Hartline already, considering he got like no training camp in at all even

Cant wait to see some space between our receivers and our opponents DBs next year. Stacking eight in the box and playing bump and run versus us is a death wish in 2013

Wallace is our only deep threat, so if he gets injured, we're right back where we were last season seeing 8 men in the box and playing against red zone defenses for 100 yards. I wish we had gotten a 2nd deep threat, and there were a LOT of options. At this point, our only hope is that Rishard Matthews progresses and shows some deep speed, because we definitely know that no other WR's have enough to scare defenses out of the box.

Mike Wallace's speed is unquestioned. He scares every defense, opening up the running game in a way that Bush never had. It also creates plenty of space for a slot receiver to really shine ... too bad we didn't add one.

I'm excited about having Wallace part of the offense, but we missed a trick by not grabbing a WR3 who has deep speed and can excel in the slot. Because Wallace really opens the field up for a guy like that.

I hope the hype turns out great, i can't wait for the Phins to be relevant again!! I remember getting pumped when Chris Chambers was gloating about Daunte's big arm :/

if Wallace goes down they might only still be able to do a loose 8 men in the box. a healthy keller makes the 8th man have to be on his feet and think of backpedal. granted hes undrafted and I don't feel like looking up his name because ive been drinking, but didn't we pick up a udfa that ran a 4.19 40. I know if hes udfa then hes not polished, but maybe he shows something in preseason. but mainly if keller and lord willing egnew can both be seem threats, the defenses cant just stack the box because one of those TE's can be hit over the middle on a nice little 15-20 yd seam route. bite on the playaction baby and see what happens!

and pyro I would've loved to see a receiver like chambers play with dan. chambers missed the easy ones but made the ridiculous catches. my roomie who is a panthers fan but has been forced to watch the fins over the past 14 years even commented on him once. "marino could throw the ball wherever he wanted, he could throw it so every pass to chambers was crazy" stoked we got a true #1 again

I'm glad we have gir them all in early too, so he can get to work with them immediately. I know Sherman too a bit of heat last year, but lets be fair, we had a rookie QB, who must said would have to sit for 2 years, no WR till Hartline came back and a RB who regressed last year and could never get the easy yards.

If you look at Shermans history I think this year we could easily be a top half, top ten offense. If you think out D will be top 10, top 5, we are definitely in contention for playoffs IMO.

I really really really really hope the other weapons on this team can truly and completely exploit the advantages that a receiver like Wallace provides. We need "QUICK" strikes this year!

Dustin Keller is the guy that is freed up from this.

Dustin Keller is the guy that is freed up from this.

Agree, so there will be pressure on Keller to produce.

Also, I think it has a combined influence on the run game so see Miller benefiting greatly.

Agree, so there will be pressure on Keller to produce.

Also, I think it has a combined influence on the run game so see Miller benefiting greatly.

Hyped about Dion Jordan but MAN...Tyler Eifert would've been a top 3 TE in the league in this offense. What could've been..

Back
Top Bottom