Tannehill: Just run at half speed; Wallace: I am | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill: Just run at half speed; Wallace: I am

How many deep threats do you think each NFL team has ? And how much money do you want to spend on WR, we just signed three just in the past 3 months to contracts totaling 100 million dollars and 43 Million guaranteed.

And what you said about Wallace is true for almost every team, if they lose their #1 Wide Receiver it's going to have a negative impact on them. I just don't understand how can you sign Wallace to a $60 Million dollar contract with the thinking of him getting hurt.

If you look at the most productive receivers in the NFL, they're guys that run somewhere between 4.48 and 4.55, In that range. They're not guys that are 4.32, and 4.2 -

That's what's become of the more over-rated, over-hyped, over-emphasized instrument in the NFL talent evaluators' tool box. The 40 is fool's gold. It's the NFL's version of the driver's test. Pass it once and you're in. After that, you're off the hook.

It's Always about the QB, if something were to happen to Wallace, it would rest on the shoulders of the QB.

If you look at the Top 10 scoring offenses in the league last year.

#1. Patriots: Fast Receiver: Matthew Slater and he had a grand total of Zero Catches last year. Starting WR Avg. 40 time of 4.65.
#2. Broncos: Fastest Receiver: Trindon Holliday (2 Catches for 17 Yards) Starting WR Avg. 40 time of 4.46
#3. Saints: Fastest Receiver: Devery Henderson (22 Catches For 316 Yards 1 TD) WR Avg. 40 time of 4.59
#4. Redskins: Fastest Receiver: Santana Moss (41 Catches For 543 Yards 8TD) WR Avg. 40 time of 4.46
#5. Packers: Fasters Reveiver: Jeremy Ross ( ZIP) WR Avg. 40 time of 4.55
#6. Giants: Fastest Receiver: Domenik Hixon (39 Catches 546 Yards 2 Td's) WR Avg. 40 time of 4.50
#7. Falcons: Fastest Receiver: Julio Jones (79, 1198, 10) WR Avg. 40 time of 4.43

What they all have in common is great QB play, that's what's important, not some obscured 4th or fifth round receiver. As Tannehill goes, so does the Dolphins..

Umm I totally agree with your point, to an extent... some of those teams are just wrong. Broncos- Thomas is not slow, he is a freak. Redskins also have a Garcon. Packers- who? Cobb and Jennings were both fast. Giants- Victor Cruz man!

And thats only seven teams. We most definitely need another great receiver opposite Wallace. Gibson won't be here long I don't believe. In a year or two, we'll seek our Julio Jones to our Roddy White :up:

*edit - wow, I should have just waited and read Digital's post. Now mine feels so unadequate lol.

Well, as far as big plays are concerned who else gave us those plays last year? Bush had a few but, Hartline was our big play WR last year. That's funny but, it's true. Hartline doesn't score because Hartline isn't a #1 WR. period. He's a good WR that can get open but, won't separate from anyone, running downfield. He will score more TDs this year but, it's because things will open up A LOT for him this season. Hartline is a player that's good but, needs others above him to open the field up for himself. Wallace can open the field up for himself and that will help Hartline.

im not sure that he will score any more tds. he had Marshall and Bush on offense the year before and had 1 td.

Umm I totally agree with your point, to an extent... some of those teams are just wrong. Broncos- Thomas is not slow, he is a freak. Redskins also have a Garcon. Packers- who? Cobb and Jennings were both fast. Giants- Victor Cruz man!

And thats only seven teams. We most definitely need another great receiver opposite Wallace. Gibson won't be here long I don't believe. In a year or two, we'll seek our Julio Jones to our Roddy White :up:

*edit - wow, I should have just waited and read Digital's post. Now mine feels so unadequate lol.

Heh, nah bro, your post is exactly right. I just felt the need to reply point by point is all. :up:

Simple way of thinking. What if Ryan Tannehill gets hurt? You can "what if" anything to death. "What if" the sun doesn't come up anymore, will we even be able to Ryan Tannehill throw to Mike Wallace? See..... simple.

I think it's a good way of thinking as well. Receiver isn't the most durable position, especially as players age. Given that our offense was ranked in the low 20's last year, we lost our top two TD scorers and our best OT for run blocking and pass blocking, and our starting running back, I think Wallace is expected to be a very big part of our offense this year. It is not very good foresight to have no backup plan at such a pivotal position in the offense.

Yes, you mentioned another one, QB, and that's why we aggressively went after and kept Matt Moore, because if Tannehill goes down, we very much want a good backup. As for WR, having a good backup X receiver with speed not only gives us cover for Wallace, but it also allows us to run him on deep routes more often as the backup can come in for a play or two while he catches his breath. That way you can wear out a CB or force the defense to change coverages to compensate for that CB getting weary.

why exactly would you practice at a speed in which you dont play at in a game?? Beyond dumb. Instead of telling him to slow down, how about speed your brain up.

while on the subject of what if's... im waiting to see brady suffer a horrific injury this year

Wallace is our only deep threat, so if he gets injured, we're right back where we were last season seeing 8 men in the box and playing against red zone defenses for 100 yards. I wish we had gotten a 2nd deep threat, and there were a LOT of options. At this point, our only hope is that Rishard Matthews progresses and shows some deep speed, because we definitely know that no other WR's have enough to scare defenses out of the box.

Mike Wallace's speed is unquestioned. He scares every defense, opening up the running game in a way that Bush never had. It also creates plenty of space for a slot receiver to really shine ... too bad we didn't add one.

I'm excited about having Wallace part of the offense, but we missed a trick by not grabbing a WR3 who has deep speed and can excel in the slot. Because Wallace really opens the field up for a guy like that.

NOOOOOOOOO , IMO we have a UDFA that is tryin out as we speak for Miami and he is a burner wheather he makes the team or not ,he looked very good in his videos that i have seen and i dont know why this kid wasnt drafted but for some odd reason he wasnt , so i hope he can be a acorn that Ireland and Philbin end up signing so without futher ado here he is , Terrell Sinkfield, WR, Northern Iowa – 6-0 190 (4.19 40 yard dash) i just hope he pans out and makes the team.

Just take the snap and throw it as deep as you can toward Wallace and we will catch up to it!

NOOOOOOOOO , IMO we have a UDFA that is tryin out as we speak for Miami and he is a burner wheather he makes the team or not ,he looked very good in his videos that i have seen and i dont know why this kid wasnt drafted but for some odd reason he wasnt , so i hope he can be a acorn that Ireland and Philbin end up signing so without futher ado here he is , Terrell Sinkfield, WR, Northern Iowa – 6-0 190 (4.19 40 yard dash) i just hope he pans out and makes the team.

His dash number is false and beyond speed he is a below average player

With the addition of Wallace and Keller the safety's will pay less attention to Hartline, and I think that makes him a deep threat. He will be facing the #2 corner on all teams mostly without safety help so a double move may get him open deep often enough.

Awesome!
I can't wait for the season to start!
This is going to be a fun ride!

Wallace is our only deep threat, so if he gets injured, we're right back where we were last season seeing 8 men in the box and playing against red zone defenses for 100 yards. I wish we had gotten a 2nd deep threat, and there were a LOT of options. At this point, our only hope is that Rishard Matthews progresses and shows some deep speed, because we definitely know that no other WR's have enough to scare defenses out of the box.

Mike Wallace's speed is unquestioned. He scares every defense, opening up the running game in a way that Bush never had. It also creates plenty of space for a slot receiver to really shine ... too bad we didn't add one.

I'm excited about having Wallace part of the offense, but we missed a trick by not grabbing a WR3 who has deep speed and can excel in the slot. Because Wallace really opens the field up for a guy like that.

How many teams have multiple deep threats?

I know, I was just pointing out that if any one of those guys get hurt, I don't the QB on those teams, are just going to say Oh CRAP, seasons done...

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Heh, nah bro, your post is exactly right. I just felt the need to reply point by point is all. :up:

His writing skills can make anyone feel like that. lol

Back
Top Bottom