Tannehill Operating At "ludicrous Speed" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Operating At "ludicrous Speed"

I love my Dolphins, and I'm always a little optimistic this time of year....but our past history tells me we are only gonna go from suck to blow this year!! Still hoping we surprise a lot of people this year though, including our fans!!!

The only team I've ever seen make it work on a consistent basis was the Jim Kelly Bills. Even they didn't do it a majority of the time.

The reason to do it is to minimize defensive substitutions, and get the ball snapped before the D gets set.

Even that can only be maintained for short periods (5-8 plays) the O gets tired too.

Gase was kind of foolish to even try that first year when the offensive scheme was new to every player.

The Spider-Man suit bills. My man hit the way back machine. Back when the Bills used to beat the britches off of us and Jason Taylor routinely no showed in games that mattered.

Anyways the colts offense under Andrew luck a couple of years ago went to it when the offense was going nowhere and instantly turned around their fortunes.

There’s a ton of advantages for the offense vs the defense in a high tempo setting from personnel to vanilla defense looks.

It also gasses the pass rush. Don’t understate it’s effect unless you have a qb that can’t handle it without screwing it up. Which I can assure you we don’t. Tanny goes down its over.

Is it really that we just had too many dummies? Teams that always run good up tempo offenses must have their share of dum-dums too, no?

It’s mind boggling how we always seem to have an issue when attempting to do it. Seems to be a different problem every time. So frustrating. Then you see the fng Cheats doing it without any issues with different guys every single yr. Is it the players coaches QB combination of all....just never ends with us. Painful man!

It’s mind boggling how we always seem to have an issue when attempting to do it. Seems to be a different problem every time. So frustrating. Then you see the fng Cheats doing it without any issues with different guys every single yr. Is it the players coaches QB combination of all....just never ends with us. Painful man!
Right exactly - can’t figure out what it is or if it’s as simple as one thing.

Is the best offense that Tannehill has been in since he has been here? Best receivers? Best TE's? Best RB's? Best O-line? Best coaching staff?

The pats can run it when they want to- same QB same demanding coach for so many years. They can run tempo with quick passes then hit you with a run and a strike to the TE.

Is the best offense that Tannehill has been in since he has been here? Best receivers? Best TE's? Best RB's? Best O-line? Best coaching staff?

On paper I would say yes. They have to stop committing penalties though- particularly accross the line.

Especially if f you want to run tempo. I am honestly unsure if the OL can but I think Gase will attempt it some

Frank Gore on 2nd down will create 3rd and >4 yards. Then the quick passing will be praised picking up first downs. There are so many weapons on this year's team.

Notice how far off the WR the CAR corners were playing when Wilson/Grant were lined up outside?

When it's Stills, Wilson, Amendola, and Parker.....how do you defend the short pass (less than 7 yards)? Throw in Gore, Drake, and Ballage....pretty nifty if you ask me.

Landry got his 100+ catches because they're wasn't any other legit route runner for the middle of the field. Insert G-sick. I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised at the O this year.

Back
Top Bottom