Tannehill The Past Two Seasons... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill The Past Two Seasons...

Butterfrog 2.0

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
By the numbers...

8,253 yards, 51 TD's, 24 ints, 64% completion percentage, 452 rush yards, 2 rushing td's.

Now let me ask you guys something... since the day Marino retired and as the years went on is there a single person here that wouldn't have been extremely happy with a QB with those types of numbers? I'm not even going to talk about all of the things Tannehill has had against him, but just looking at those numbers do we really have it that bad?

I think the problem is that people look at Brady, Rodgers, etc. And say "anyone who isn't doing that isn't good enough". How easily we forget how absolutely terrible we've had it at QB before Tannehill, and we cannot be happy with anything less than a Dan Marine clone. You put Tannehill on those team where we had Fielder at QB, and this team would have been a powerhouse, especially with that defense.

I'm happy with how he played today and I loved the fight I saw in him. He just needs to get better in big meaningful games. A lot of guys post decent stats but are not real difference makers. Scott Mitchell had 32 and 12 one year when it was harder to pass. I hope Parker is RTs best friend this offseason because that combo could win us some big games.

The naysayers have crawled back into their dark little holes after how well he played today. The answer to your question is obvious to those of us who have always believed he can be a top tier QB. He may not be elite but he's pretty damn good when he has the time he had today.

Tannehill was off the charts today. Great game.

I've said it several times and I will say it again, he's really good when there is no pressure, like today, when there was no pressure to win. He's the anti-Tebow. He's bad when "clutch" is needed.

Puts up good numbers and tough as nails. He will learn how to win. This team will.

Jury is still out on Tannehill...but holy cow playing under Lazor and Sherman behind this offensive line is akin to trying to flat out murder a QB. Ross should be arrested.

Is it me, or has Tannehill started to move out of the pocket a little sooner and a little better? I'm used to seeing him run into the pressure, but he seems to be more effectively sliding away from the pressure.

I thought he easily had his best game of the season today.
Very good decision making and his touch passes were perfect.

Oh and let's not forget one of the most important stats of all...

2015 - 45
2014 - 46
2013 - 58
2012 - 35

For a grand total of 184 in 4 years. Sacks gentlemen, fix the OL if you want an Elite QB!

Ryan Tannehill is one tough SOB. Please save his career before it's ended prematurely. This kid has the tools. Stop being afraid to give him a legitimate with a real OL to prove the doubters wrong. Stop criticizing until he's got a real coaching staff and offensive line. This argument is ridiculous with incomplete facts.

PROTECT THE FRANCHISE.

I dare anyone to stand behind this line for 4 seasons taking these sacks and have the balls to criticize the job he has done. Take the hits then come back and complain about his play.

Oh and let's not forget one of the most important stats of all...

2015 - 45
2014 - 46
2013 - 58
2012 - 35

For a grand total of 184 in 4 years. Sacks gentlemen, fix the OL if you want an Elite QB!

Ryan Tannehill is one tough SOB. Please save his career before it's ended prematurely. This kid has the tools. Stop being afraid to give him a legitimate with a real OL to prove the doubters wrong. Stop criticizing until he's got a real coaching staff and offensive line. This argument is ridiculous with incomplete facts.

PROTECT THE FRANCHISE.

I dare anyone to stand behind this line for 4 seasons taking these sacks and have the balls to criticize the job he has done. Take the hits then come back and complain about his play.

We've spent big money and high draft picks (Albert, James, Pouncey) on the o-line. Losing Incognito really hurt us. We need to get Dallas Tmoas off the field and figure out the guard situation ASAP. But I don't think it's been a lack of trying just hasn't come together, bad coaching etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom