Tannehill vs. the 4 QB's that played today. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill vs. the 4 QB's that played today.

dabeastdabone

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
We sit and discuss the value of QB's so often and who is better or worse. After seeing the games today and those over the season I would have to say considering I'm more interested in the future than the next year or two only I would take Tannehill above all the QB's that played today. Yeah yeah the haters will hate but I'll just say my 2 cents.

(1) Tannehill - Had a season of ups and downs but all and all looks better as a pocket passer than Kaeppernick and Wilson. He performed well when matched to all the other young QB's which speaks highly considering the team and issues the Dolphins had this year.

(2) Wilson - I would be fair to place him first considering he keeps getting the job done even if in ugly fashion. He has the best supporting cast in the league however and it's really hard to consider him and Tannehill to be judged on the same standards.

(3) Manning - The best QB of the bunch but unless your content with a few good years remaining he just doesn't have the time left, for me I'm looking for something for ten plus years.

(4) Brady - Brady's best days are behind him and it's obvious.

(5) Kaeppernick - He seriously sucks as a NFL QB. The 49ers have a great defense and good offensive line that help make him look capable. One shot to a knee and his NFL carrier is over, he will never be a pocket passer.

Do we really have to have a thread like this.

Those guys were in the championship game, largely due to there team, but also there ability to make **** happen..Of course im talking about Kaep and Wilson.

The difference is the four TEAMS are miles ahead of the TEAM that Ryan is a part of. Football is, above anything else, the ultimate team game. Yes, quarterbacks are more valuable than most other positions but it takes a team to get to the Super Bowl.

All 4 of the teams in the Championship games had great olines. The QB would not be able to perform without protection and a running game.
Until that is fixed, RT will continue to be up and down.

Wilson is flat out lucky he has a great team around him and refs. ive never seen so many crap calls go for one team

I hope this is a joke.. Now, I have seen it all...RT is better then Peyton :lol: thank you, I needed that laugh! I'll trade RT to the Broncos today if I could get Peyton. Even if I knew I would only have Peyton for one year and RT would play for next 10+ years! Peyton guarantee's you the playoffs and possible SB! Something RT simply does not show at the time, he lacks that "killer instinct"/"it" factor.

We sit and discuss the value of QB's so often and who is better or worse. After seeing the games today and those over the season I would have to say considering I'm more interested in the future than the next year or two only I would take Tannehill above all the QB's that played today. Yeah yeah the haters will hate but I'll just say my 2 cents.

(1) Tannehill - Had a season of ups and downs but all and all looks better as a pocket passer than Kaeppernick and Wilson. He performed well when matched to all the other young QB's which speaks highly considering the team and issues the Dolphins had this year.

(2) Wilson - I would be fair to place him first considering he keeps getting the job done even if in ugly fashion. He has the best supporting cast in the league however and it's really hard to consider him and Tannehill to be judged on the same standards.

(3) Manning - The best QB of the bunch but unless your content with a few good years remaining he just doesn't have the time left, for me I'm looking for something for ten plus years.

(4) Brady - Brady's best days are behind him and it's obvious.

(5) Kaeppernick - He seriously sucks as a NFL QB. The 49ers have a great defense and good offensive line that help make him look capable. One shot to a knee and his NFL carrier is over, he will never be a pocket passer.

hFDD42574.jpg

Quarterbacks are part of the process. The most vital part, but today should have demonstrated that we need playmakers period. The guys who get in the way and bat down the ball aren't what they are cracked up to be. Richard Sherman created an interception that ended the game. That's why I like playmakers like Van Noy. He's not going to mindlessly bat down the ball. Similarly, Denver receiver's today caught virtually everything. One terrific grab after another. Thomas dropped a third down pass in the end zone. Otherwise they were helping Manning all day.

Regardless, I'll stick with my summation from two offseasons ago, that I would take the 2-3 remaining years of Peyton Manning above Tannehill's entire career. At least you have a legit swing at the top, instead of relying so heavily on levels that Tannehill has never threatened.

I will tell you something tho, Russel Wilson sucks imo. He just dances too much in the pocket and instead of escaping forward he goes south. I have only watched 2 Seattle games. Against us and today and I am not impressed at all. Kaep is another that is a horrible QB. A slightly better passer than Tebow (who was abysmal) but if it wasn't for his running he truly sucks. Now don't give me that crap "they were in the championship game" bs because if Kaep,Wilson or Luck traded roles with Tannehill they would do worse on the Dolphins. People don't understand how well Tannehill played with horrid playcalling, running game, Oline allowed so many hurries and sacks, WR dropping passes. Mind you I understand he needs work with Pocket presence and ddeep ball but he would of not thrown 3 INT in 2 playoff games back to back.

While Tannehill is still a work in a progress I do understand the OP's reasoning. Wilson and Kaepernick have a boatload of talent around them, Manning and Brady will not be playing in three years from now. Just when Tannehill will hit his ceiling. I wouldn't trade Tannehill for Manning right now even if it meant a deep playoff run for one year. I want a 12-year-run like the Patriots had with Brady, contending for the big game year in year out. Will Tannehill be able to do that? I have no idea but I will hold out hope just a little longer.

Back
Top Bottom