Tannehill vs. the 4 QB's that played today. | Page 43 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill vs. the 4 QB's that played today.

That's like saying your **** smells better than my ****, it really doesn't matter because it's still ****.

Sanchez was a solid QB, but he's now riding the bench and watching the games with the best seat in the house...(which will probably be the same for Tannehill in a few years)

Wutbabka-1.jpg

All 4 of the teams in the Championship games had great olines. The QB would not be able to perform without protection and a running game.
Until that is fixed, RT will continue to be up and down.

Maybe. But I'm not so sure a better o-line will result in RT having better field vision or a better sense of pressure in the pocket. It's possible, but I think it's unlikely and it's not the kind of thing that's easily taught. Those things could, perhaps, be developed over time but I'm not interested waiting any longer for RT to develop. He's had three years and I just don't see any significant progress.

How does that type deal with a game like last night? I always wonder about that. Naturally they were gleeful in the first quarter, and determined to pounce. A loss at the Rams would have been Kaepernick's fault, regardless of how the game unfolded. But once he makes a series of plays that are remarkable by typical NFL standards but very familiar within Kaepernicks' framework, I guess we want to pretend it never happened, or was mostly the fault of the opponent.

Substitute the name Tannehill for Kaepernick then look in the F***ING mirror. How does being a hypocrite make you a better bettor?

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

He's had three years and I just don't see any significant progress.

That says much more about you than it does about Tannehill.

Wilson is flat out lucky he has a great team around him and refs. ive never seen so many crap calls go for one team

Really? Have you had your head in the sand and never watched this kid play? This kid rarely makes a bad decision, rarely makes a bad through, and rarely makes a mistake. On top of that, he makes some big time plays.

He is surrounded by a good team, but he is a BIG reason they are winning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe. But I'm not so sure a better o-line will result in RT having better field vision or a better sense of pressure in the pocket. It's possible, but I think it's unlikely and it's not the kind of thing that's easily taught. Those things could, perhaps, be developed over time but I'm not interested waiting any longer for RT to develop. He's had three years and I just don't see any significant progress.

3 years? :ponder:

2.3 actually with 11 games still to be played in his third year. That difference is significant when it must be considered that Tannehill is in the process of undertaking a new offensive scheme. I'm not trying to say he is anything more than has yet to be seen, but there is room for progression and improvement. Especially when Lazor has come aboard and has had to correct simple fundamentals such as footwork (which can go a long way in correcting accuracy issues). Jury is still out, but you can't sit back and erroneously claim that he's a had three years to evaluate.

I don't think I said anything too crazy, he played solid (certainly not enough to be a franchise QB) and had a ****ty last year in New York and got ****-canned. I wouldn't mind having Sanchez in for a spot start or two, same with Moore, but neither are going to be starting long term on my team.

Right now he's a great backup in Philly, and probably the only backup better than Moore right now.

3 years? :ponder:

2.3 actually with 11 games still to be played in his third year. That difference is significant when it must be considered that Tannehill is in the process of undertaking a new offensive scheme. I'm not trying to say he is anything more than has yet to be seen, but there is room for progression and improvement. Especially when Lazor has come aboard and has had to correct simple fundamentals such as footwork (which can go a long way in correcting accuracy issues). Jury is still out, but you can't sit back and erroneously claim that he's a had three years to evaluate.

Has his ability to read defenses or find wide open receivers gotten better in that time? I don't see that it has. That's a huge problem for me and I don't think it's correctable short of a very long term commitment.

So I see there's another post asserting Kaepernick is awful. It's amazing how he inspires that type of comment. Not overrated or mediocre, but terrible. I've seen it from predictable sources but also from others who aren't normally inclined to the bar stool caliber posts.

I guess we don't like unconventional. He's gangly out there and throws the vast majority of balls on the same basic trajectory. Runs too often. Vulnerable facial expressions. Hence, he sucks. Yep, one of the worst in the league.

How does that type deal with a game like last night? I always wonder about that. Naturally they were gleeful in the first quarter, and determined to pounce. A loss at the Rams would have been Kaepernick's fault, regardless of how the game unfolded. But once he makes a series of plays that are remarkable by typical NFL standards but very familiar within Kaepernicks' framework, I guess we want to pretend it never happened, or was mostly the fault of the opponent.

When I see a PGA player with an unusual swing I don't rant like a bar stooler and start betting against him, blabbing that he's the worst player on tour. He might start shooting 68s with regularity, which is the equivalent of Kaepernick's 7.9 career yards per attempt, and the same familiar area he's residing so far this season.

Kaepernick is a gamer, you could see it on his face when Chicago came back for the win, he looked like he wanted to murder somebody.

So, if Joe Philbin is axed this year, RT is going to be the starting QB for the next HC? His play helped lead to Mike Sherman's departure. If RT does not improve, Joe will be fired. A talented mind like Bill Lazor might be out.

Ryan Tannehill, if he fails this year, will be labeled as a coach killer.

I am not so sure he gets a 4th year with a new coach.

RT has to get it down THIS year. Not next.

He might be kept on as a backup. His money is already guaranteed.

Back
Top Bottom