Tannehill vs. the 4 QB's that played today. | Page 42 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill vs. the 4 QB's that played today.

tannehill will get this year and next with or without joe philbin and hickey...he's getting the keys to the car for 4 years...there wont be any competition during that time

All Dennis Hickey did for Tannehill is bring in the best LT available in FA, draft a "plug in and play" RT, draft a receiver in RD2, sign one of the best blocking RB's in the game let alone a nice fit for the running game scheme and understood quickly a veteran C was necessary early in camp.

Yeah, Dennis Hickey is holding RT back...

So, if Joe Philbin is axed this year, RT is going to be the starting QB for the next HC? His play helped lead to Mike Sherman's departure. If RT does not improve, Joe will be fired. A talented mind like Bill Lazor might be out.

Ryan Tannehill, if he fails this year, will be labeled as a coach killer.

I am not so sure he gets a 4th year with a new coach.

RT has to get it down THIS year. Not next.

i never said hickey was holding tannehill back at all...but if they fire hickey so some new power player comes in here it wouldnt surprise me...you dont get labeled a coach killer after one hc switch either...tannehills played under philbin all 3 years

i never said hickey was holding tannehill back at all...but if they fire hickey so some new power player comes in here it wouldnt surprise me...

I agree with that. Dennis is gone is this team fails this year. He has been surprisingly solid, but he will not be around if things go bad this year.

So, if Joe Philbin is axed this year, RT is going to be the starting QB for the next HC? His play helped lead to Mike Sherman's departure. If RT does not improve, Joe will be fired. A talented mind like Bill Lazor might be out.

Yes, wouldn't be the first guy that's happened with. David Carr and Alex Smith were inherited by new coaches and kept on for a year, for instance. Of course, the history also means that it'll likely be his last year in Miami.

It wouldn't be his last season in Miami unless they got somebody better. He's not going to be released and a rookie won't start over him. He would likely compete in camp and win unless they sign someone who ended 14 with a higher QBR.

Hard to say anything until the end of the year, and the year needs to end well for Ryan to stick for sure, as Ross has Philbin in his cross hairs unless there are playoffs on the horizon this year. Any new coach might want to rechurn the roster and trade any player for draft picks to bring in his style of players just like Philbin and most coaches before him did with the phins and that could include Ryan T. It will be a shame too as we have some decent players on this team including some decent assistant coaches for once in quite awhile. I really would not bother me much to upgrade Philbin but would like to see what the rest of the team and organization including Hickey moving forward. I keep stating that the real stink we have to worry about is further up the food chain with the phins with either Ross or Aponte, especially after all the football heads avoided the football GM opening with the phins, like the plaque in the offseason.

My opinion of Wilson wasn't changed by that game. He still plays on a great team.

The only difference from last year is that he is running more. All of my opinions about Wilson are with respect to him being a passer from the pocket. I don't see any change in that. If opposing defenses are unable to do a better job than that against his ability to run, then the Seahawks will never lose another game.

History has shown that all running QBs eventually have to play primarily from the pocket. Some evolve and are great (Steve Young) some do not (Vick) some are still in transition (Newton, RGIII, Kaepernick). Maybe Wilson is the exception to that rule.

My opinion of Wilson wasn't changed by the Dallas game either.

14 of 28 for 126 and a pick to end the game.

28 passes and 18 runs is not how that team is successful.

Honestly, too much is expected from all the young QBs.

Tannehill will have one more to compete.....similar to Brees last year in San Diego....of course this could all change in the next 11 games.

We sit and discuss the value of QB's so often and who is better or worse. After seeing the games today and those over the season I would have to say considering I'm more interested in the future than the next year or two only I would take Tannehill above all the QB's that played today. Yeah yeah the haters will hate but I'll just say my 2 cents.

(1) Tannehill - Had a season of ups and downs but all and all looks better as a pocket passer than Kaeppernick and Wilson. He performed well when matched to all the other young QB's which speaks highly considering the team and issues the Dolphins had this year.

(2) Wilson - I would be fair to place him first considering he keeps getting the job done even if in ugly fashion. He has the best supporting cast in the league however and it's really hard to consider him and Tannehill to be judged on the same standards.

(3) Manning - The best QB of the bunch but unless your content with a few good years remaining he just doesn't have the time left, for me I'm looking for something for ten plus years.

(4) Brady - Brady's best days are behind him and it's obvious.

(5) Kaeppernick - He seriously sucks as a NFL QB. The 49ers have a great defense and good offensive line that help make him look capable. One shot to a knee and his NFL carrier is over, he will never be a pocket passer.

Get back to us suspicious fans once Tannehill learns the basics of reading a defense PRIOR to the play. As for mentioning Tannehill in the same sentence as Kaepernick and Wilson is just, well, ....I've gotten a warning so I'll just shake my head.

still better than anything Miami has had this century outside of Chad P(you're welcome for that).

That's like saying your **** smells better than my ****, it really doesn't matter because it's still ****.

Sanchez was a solid QB, but he's now riding the bench and watching the games with the best seat in the house...(which will probably be the same for Tannehill in a few years)

So I see there's another post asserting Kaepernick is awful. It's amazing how he inspires that type of comment. Not overrated or mediocre, but terrible. I've seen it from predictable sources but also from others who aren't normally inclined to the bar stool caliber posts.

I guess we don't like unconventional. He's gangly out there and throws the vast majority of balls on the same basic trajectory. Runs too often. Vulnerable facial expressions. Hence, he sucks. Yep, one of the worst in the league.

How does that type deal with a game like last night? I always wonder about that. Naturally they were gleeful in the first quarter, and determined to pounce. A loss at the Rams would have been Kaepernick's fault, regardless of how the game unfolded. But once he makes a series of plays that are remarkable by typical NFL standards but very familiar within Kaepernicks' framework, I guess we want to pretend it never happened, or was mostly the fault of the opponent.

When I see a PGA player with an unusual swing I don't rant like a bar stooler and start betting against him, blabbing that he's the worst player on tour. He might start shooting 68s with regularity, which is the equivalent of Kaepernick's 7.9 career yards per attempt, and the same familiar area he's residing so far this season.

kaepernick made some big time plays last night...no doubt about it...janoris jenkins butchering that no help over the top coverage at the end of the half swung that game...well that and the worst offensive pi call i have ever seen...that td dime over jenkins with all his momentum heading laterally i mean you just shouldnt be able to get away with that but he did...a wow play for sure...

i'd sure like to see miami get a look like that post to corner to post again one that crabtree got from the rams...not an ounce of help no safety anywhere to be found even and all the time in the world to let that play develop...i'm pretty confident tannehill can throw ropes on that route if we ever got that look...of course we'd probably run it with brian hartline :crazy:

i'm sure drew brees loved hearing his name as a comparison for austin davis...ha ha jon gruden you are a funny one...that kids arm was pop gun at best he threw off his back foot more times than i cared to count...that's cut material more than it is anything else...i can see why he's been cut so much...he'd throw 3 balls for me in camp and i'd be telling him to turn in his play book...that arm is not nfl caliber to say the least

back to the jenkins selfish play that's why i'd be wary of will davis out there...he can be selfish and give up a momentum play like that with the best of them...and god knows it would be pitch and catch in front of him with a qb like rodgers or even cutler this week...and good luck tackling those big wrs

i would have benched jenkins the rest of the game for that play...pure selfishness...send a message...sit on the pine chump

Back
Top Bottom