Tannehill's Trade Value | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill's Trade Value

These 2 don't go along with each other especially if we're looking for a serious franchise QB for the future. Why do we want to win games in a meaningless season? Short term feel good points at the cost of the future?
Because winning is a habit and the sooner you create this habit the better.

We were 7-2 the year before we got Marino. The Green Bay Packers won 13 games the year before they drafted Rodgers. The Chiefs won 10 games the year before they drafted Mahomes. There are probably more examples, also examples against it but winning games and getting the future signal caller are not mutually exclusive. It’s a coaches’ league and a good coach creates the habit of winning right away.

DVOA is a garbage statistic.
Right...

He actually ended up 32nd in passing dvoa, only beating Rosen and Allen. Allen was number 1 in rushing DYAR. Basically of the qbs who attemped 200 passes last year, Tannehill was only better than Rosen (Tannehill actually had a worse DVOA than Osweiler). Tough to imagine a GM trading for him.

Because winning is a habit and the sooner you create this habit the better.

We were 7-2 the year before we got Marino. The Green Bay Packers won 13 games the year before they drafted Rodgers. The Chiefs won 10 games the year before they drafted Mahomes. There are probably more examples, also examples against it but winning games and getting the future signal caller are not mutually exclusive. It’s a coaches’ league and a good coach creates the habit of winning right away.
And there are plenty of cases where the team starts winning the second their franchise QB steps onto the field. New Orleans with Brees, Cleveland with Mayfield, Indy with Luck, the 2001 Patriots with Brady

And there are plenty of cases where the team starts winning the second their franchise QB steps onto the field. New Orleans with Brees, Cleveland with Mayfield, Indy with Luck, the 2001 Patriots with Brady
Not my point. Brees was a free agent, Brady a 6th round pick. I’m saying that I don’t think we should tank because there is no guarantee it will work. I’d rather hire the right coach and create a winning environment. That’s more important than getting an early pick.

Not my point. Brees was a free agent, Brady a 6th round pick. I’m saying that I don’t think we should tank because there is no guarantee it will work. I’d rather hire the right coach and create a winning environment. That’s more important than getting an early pick.
And my point is they they won as soon as their QBs stepped in the huddle, excellent QBs can create a winning environment when there isn't one already in place.

No GM would ever give up a draft choice for something they can get for free. Tannehill will go down as a top 5 worst 1st round picks ever for miami

That’s ridiculous. He isn’t even one of the worst 5 since 2000.

He might not be the “worst” but when it’s all said and done he will have set the franchise back a decade. No other pick you’re talking about comes close to doing that much damage to the team

Looking at the NFL trade atmosphere concerning QBs in 2018 objectively:

Tyrod Taylor: 3rd round
Aj McCarron: 5th round
Kevin Hogan: 6th round
Cody Kessler: 7th round

Tannehill is most certainly better than AM, KH and CK. I don’t think anywhere here can argue that.

Is he better than Tyrod? Some would say yes, some no - depends on how you value a run-first quarterback.

I think a 3rd is a fair comparison. 30 year old, starting caliber qb. Yes he is starting caliber.

I sincerely believe he will be playing football for someone next season - I just really hope it’s not Miami.

I don’t think we’re gonna get anything for him because I think GMs know we’re not gonna keep him on the roster.

He is due 26 million. Nobody is trading for that contract. What are some of you thinking??

This thread is an embarrassment. Anybody visiting this forum for the first time would think Dolphins fans to be the stupidest in the country.

Get real!

He is due 26 million. Nobody is trading for that contract. What are some of you thinking??

This thread is an embarrassment. Anybody visiting this forum for the first time would think Dolphins fans to be the stupidest in the country.

Get real!

He is due 2 years / 38 million. And the team trading for him would not owe him any guaranteed money . . . Something they would owe if he was a FA.

And with all the threads you have made previously where we trade all over the draft and end up with 23 picks, you have no right to call anybody’s thread an embarrassment.

Try understanding the situation before calling people stupid.

Back
Top Bottom