Tannehill's Trade Value | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill's Trade Value

Manning

Scout Team
Reaction score
By now we've all heard the reports that Tannehill will probably be playing his last game as a Dolphin tomorrow.
Now will he just be released or does he have any trade value? I know he is due 27 million BUT I believe that is only the cap hit if retained.
If a new team takes him in and they are only paying 19 mil or so, I believe we can def get something in return. I mean Tyrod went for the first pick in the 3rd round

I think there’s some value left in him, despite what some people on the site, I bet a QB desperate team would trade for him if they don’t like their draft outlook / to keep another team from getting him

Jags or Broncos or Giants

By now we've all heard the reports that Tannehill will probably be playing his last game as a Dolphin tomorrow.
Now will he just be released or does he have any trade value? I know he is due 27 million BUT I believe that is only the cap hit if retained.
If a new team takes him in and they are only paying 19 mil or so, I believe we can def get something in return. I mean Tyrod went for the first pick in the 3rd round
Yes, but wasn't he on his rookie contract? That was an insurance policy, more than anything.

All it takes is one stupid team. It might be better to wait until preseason to see if there are any injuries that would make a team desperate.

After thinking about it, a team like JAX might give you something in trade, and for them it would be a clear upgrade.

It would be a good spot for RT, as well. With that D, and an effective running game, he would only have to be a game manager, and avoid turnovers. He's above average in that respect.

After thinking about it, a team like JAX might give you something in trade, and for them it would be a clear upgrade.

It would be a good spot for RT, as well. With that D, and an effective running game, he would only have to be a game manager, and avoid turnovers. He's above average in that respect.

Here's the thing, Its not really a clear upgrade. Tannehill is 30th in passing DVOA, and Bortles in 31st. But Bortles is a much better rusher.

Value depends on interest. Tampa, Jacksonville could potentially be interested for a third rounder. Since there won't be a bidding war, compensation will be low. If one or two teams are slightly interested they may even wait for post June 1 cuts.

Here's the thing, Its not really a clear upgrade. Tannehill is 30th in passing DVOA, and Bortles in 31st. But Bortles is a much better rusher.
I disagree on both points, but your opinion is every bit as valid as mine.

Value depends on interest. Tampa, Jacksonville could potentially be interested for a third rounder. Since there won't be a bidding war, compensation will be low. If one or two teams are slightly interested they may even wait for post June 1 cuts.
I considered that teams might elect to wait, but that's taking a chance, when he could be had for probably a fourth, or even fifth as the June deadline approaches.

If he is traded, how does his salary and cap hit go? How much will be on us and how much on the trade partner?

I don't see him getting traded, not at that cap hit for the other team.

Isn't Jacksonville stuck with Bortles next year/good sized dead cap if they move on from him?
Can't see them then saddling the remaining cap on a slight upgrade.
Probably draft for them.

Same with the Giants. They are shedding big cap hits and I doubt they want a bandaid fix once they get rid of Eli.

Back
Top Bottom