Tannehill's Trade Value | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill's Trade Value

I don't see him getting traded, not at that cap hit for the other team.
The question is what's the cap hit? I believe because of the restructure we are in for like 7 million of it. If the team is paying him19 mil it's not that bad. I would say that's what he would get in the open market anyway

We could get something for him but with our FO/HC they might just cut him and get nothing in return.

After thinking about it, a team like JAX might give you something in trade, and for them it would be a clear upgrade.

It would be a good spot for RT, as well. With that D, and an effective running game, he would only have to be a game manager, and avoid turnovers. He's above average in that respect.

This is NOT true. Never has been. It's a myth by his supporters. He is well below average. Always has been.

• This year in which he has been significantly benefited by dropped interceptions he is still 25th in the league in Int %
  • Despite being 31st in passes attempted he is tied for 8th among QBs for fumbles lost
  • He is "dead last" in 3rd downs converted per game
  • He is last also in 3rd down percentage converted
  • His is 1st in 3 plays and out %
In fact Oweiller has outperformed him in all the areas listed above.

He has had one of the worst TD (pass/run) to Turnover ratios (INT/Fumbles lost) for starters for years.

QBs that don't convert 3rd downs, that don't know how to get rid of the ball to avoid sacks and are not able to maneuver in the pocket are not good game managers. Those plays don't factor into QB rating (a flawed rating system) but they kill teams drives particularly with QBs that don't make chunk yardage throws to overcome them.

There's good reason why Tannehill is 11th in QB rating and 31st in QBR (only Rosen rated lower).

Of course, if the Jags offer a 7th round draft pick to get him and his contract off the books Miami should jump at the chance. Hell Miami should throw in the 7th for them to take him.

The question is what's the cap hit? I believe because of the restructure we are in for like 7 million of it. If the team is paying him19 mil it's not that bad. I would say that's what he would get in the open market anyway
If that's the case, we would basically be buying a mid round pick for @ 2 million, as I believe we take a 5 mil hit if we cut him post June 1st anyway?

Not a bad deal, if I'm seeing it correctly.

This is NOT true. Never has been. It's a myth by his supporters. He is well below average. Always has been.

• This year in which he has been significantly benefited by dropped interceptions he is still 25th in the league in Int %
  • Despite being 31st in passes attempted he is tied for 8th among QBs for fumbles lost

He has had one of the worst TD (pass/run) to Turnover ratios (INT/Fumbles lost) for starters for years.

QBs that don't convert 3rd downs, that don't know how to get rid of the ball to avoid sacks and are not able to maneuver in the pocket are not good game managers. Those plays don't factor into QB rating (a flawed rating system) but they kill teams drives particularly with QBs that don't make chunk yardage throws to overcome them.

There's good reason why Tannehill is 11th in QB rating and 31st in QBR (only Rosen rated lower).

Of course, if the Jags offer a 7th round draft pick to get him and his contract off the books Miami should jump at the chance. Hell Miami should throw in the 7th for them to take him.

Exactly, I would even offer a 5th to a team that wants to take and overpaid, bottom of the league, old and turnover machine QB.
But very tough and hard worker off course.o

The benefit to trading him is a very late round pick and ensuring he doesn’t share our shitty playbook with a division rival. I’d be surprised if we find a trade partner given that equivalent or better QBs will be available in FA.

Isn't Jacksonville stuck with Bortles next year/good sized dead cap if they move on from him?
Can't see them then saddling the remaining cap on a slight upgrade.
Probably draft for them.

Same with the Giants. They are shedding big cap hits and I doubt they want a bandaid fix once they get rid of Eli.
How much of an upgrade is Tannehill over Keenum?

If not much...I doubt if the Broncoes are part of that lottery.

Who was the guy doing the Brock vs. Tanny stats? Seems like yards per game has fallen off the cliff and 3 and outs are outrageous now with Tanny. Would love to see where we are at now.

After thinking about it, a team like JAX might give you something in trade, and for them it would be a clear upgrade.

It would be a good spot for RT, as well. With that D, and an effective running game, he would only have to be a game manager, and avoid turnovers. He's above average in that respect.

A conditional pick with Jacksonville based on production could work.

latest

Doubtful. He has a lingering shoulder injury and a bum knee. His stats are largely inflated in garbage time. It has become more and more obvious regardless of who coaches him Tannehill is limited at the LOS. You might get a team to part with a 5th or worse. Problem is teams know we are moving on so they will just wait for him to be released. He is not a must have QB.

Every team interested will point to his injury history and how many sacks he has taken over the years. His age too.
I would be thinking a 3rd at the highest or possibly a 4th.

Doubtful. He has a lingering shoulder injury and a bum knee. His stats are largely inflated in garbage time. It has become more and more obvious regardless of who coaches him Tannehill is limited at the LOS. You might get a team to part with a 5th or worse. Problem is teams know we are moving on so they will just wait for him to be released. He is not a must have QB.

No one wants to pay his salary for what he brings to the table.

The only trade I could envision is similar to the Texans deal to get rid of Brockster. We would need to send a pick along with Tannehill.

Otherwise, teams will wait for him to be cut so they can negotiate a reasonable salary.

Excellent summary. The entire post was excellent even though I quoted only that paragraph.

Tannehill creates and exaggerates his own excuses. I think the Dolphins have finally caught into it. I don't doubt that the league was already aware and therefore his value has never been as high as estimated.

Watch all the bowl games. That's always a great Ryan Tannehill tonic. We hear how impossible he has it, given the offensive line. Meanwhile there are quarterbacks on every level escaping pressure and trapped situations, like the Syracuse quarterback last night rescuing a play in such incredible fashion that even the referee was smiling alongside him in disbelief, as they raced toward the new line of scrimmage 50 yards downfield.

Adam Gase on the market would be in greater demand than Ryan Tannehill on the market. I hope the Dolphins handicap the situation properly.

Back
Top Bottom