Tannehill's Trade Value | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill's Trade Value

His contract kills the trade value ... not that it's much to begin with. Teams know they're moving on so leverage is exactly where it typically is. He's toast regardless.

Are we assuming Gase is gone next year because I dont see why he would agree to this unless you give him a five year extension. If Gase is back next year he knows its a make or break year. He's not wasting a draft pick on a QB that can help two or three years down the road. I doubt he's even going to look at the free agent market for a QB since it would mean teaching the QB his system which seems to take about two seasons before you know it inside and out.

If Gase is back next year he's going to have to make the playoffs to keep his job. He's going to want Tannehill. If anything we're probably more likely to draft an offensive lineman in the first round now. If you want Tannehill gone then Gase has to be let go too

We don't know what we're doing. Ross is gonna evaluate after tomorrow. He might let Tannenbaum go, but he might let Gase and Grier go or he might get rid of Tannehill or he might keep some combo of all four. He should have seen enough now to make up his mind one way or another. If this is Gase's last game, he should be told by now.
I think that sums it up nicely.

If it weren't so tragically sad, it would be funny.

We could hope that Ross has a plan going forward, and is keeping his cards close to his vest until Monday, but that would be......well.....so unlike him.

Are we assuming Gase is gone next year because I dont see why he would agree to this unless you give him a five year extension. If Gase is back next year he knows its a make or break year. He's not wasting a draft pick on a QB that can help two or three years down the road. I doubt he's even going to look at the free agent market for a QB since it would mean teaching the QB his system which seems to take about two seasons before you know it inside and out.

If Gase is back next year he's going to have to make the playoffs to keep his job. He's going to want Tannehill. If anything we're probably more likely to draft an offensive lineman in the first round now. If you want Tannehill gone then Gase has to be let go too
Unless Falk is his plan B. He should know the system at this point.

Not that I want Gase back at all, but I don't want him picking our next QB anyway. That should be the new GMs decision, as well as the decision on HC going forward.

The worst scenario, to me, is that Grier, and Gase are left to their own devices, and that is probably what will happen.

If, in that event, Gase and Grier were to prove me wrong by going 11-5, with a playoff win, I will happily eat crow.

This is NOT true. Never has been. It's a myth by his supporters. He is well below average. Always has been.

• This year in which he has been significantly benefited by dropped interceptions he is still 25th in the league in Int %
  • Despite being 31st in passes attempted he is tied for 8th among QBs for fumbles lost
  • He is "dead last" in 3rd downs converted per game
  • He is last also in 3rd down percentage converted
  • His is 1st in 3 plays and out %
In fact Oweiller has outperformed him in all the areas listed above.

He has had one of the worst TD (pass/run) to Turnover ratios (INT/Fumbles lost) for starters for years.

QBs that don't convert 3rd downs, that don't know how to get rid of the ball to avoid sacks and are not able to maneuver in the pocket are not good game managers. Those plays don't factor into QB rating (a flawed rating system) but they kill teams drives particularly with QBs that don't make chunk yardage throws to overcome them.

There's good reason why Tannehill is 11th in QB rating and 31st in QBR (only Rosen rated lower).

Of course, if the Jags offer a 7th round draft pick to get him and his contract off the books Miami should jump at the chance. Hell Miami should throw in the 7th for them to take him.

Probably a reason why our defense is so inept. Tannehill forces them out there to defend all game while he "efficiently" goes 13-19 for 156 yards 1 td 1nt. Look at the +/- play differential between the Dolphins and other teams since Tannehill and Gase have been here. HINT: the defense has been on the field a considerable more amount of plays.

I really can't wait for this guy to be gone.

Probably a reason why our defense is so inept. Tannehill forces them out there to defend all game while he "efficiently" goes 13-19 for 156 yards 1 td 1nt. Look at the +/- play differential between the Dolphins and other teams since Tannehill and Gase have been here. HINT: the defense has been on the field a considerable more amount of plays.

I really can't wait for this guy to be gone.
Yes, the offense was bad but to use it as an excuse for an equally bad defense is laughable and just pushing an agenda.

The defense is 29th in yards allowed per drive and 27th in time-of-possession per drive. Offense couldn’t stay on the field but defense couldn’t get off either.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/drivestatsdef2018

After thinking about it, a team like JAX might give you something in trade, and for them it would be a clear upgrade.

It would be a good spot for RT, as well. With that D, and an effective running game, he would only have to be a game manager, and avoid turnovers. He's above average in that respect.
id trade him for jalen ramsey lol

By now we've all heard the reports that Tannehill will probably be playing his last game as a Dolphin tomorrow.
Now will he just be released or does he have any trade value? I know he is due 27 million BUT I believe that is only the cap hit if retained.
If a new team takes him in and they are only paying 19 mil or so, I believe we can def get something in return. I mean Tyrod went for the first pick in the 3rd round

Ive said it before and I'll say it again. I think the league values Tyrod Taylor more than Tannehill and I firmly believe we will never get anything more than maybe mid-late 3rd round pick for tannehill and even that is stretch. I'm guessing probably a couple mid rounders for him. The league just doesn't view tannehill as anything valuable or special.

Ive said it before and I'll say it again. I think the league values Tyrod Taylor more than Tannehill and I firmly believe we will never get anything more than maybe mid-late 3rd round pick for tannehill and even that is stretch. I'm guessing probably a couple mid rounders for him. The league just doesn't view tannehill as anything valuable or special.
Ah that Tyrod Taylor. The dream qb every team is waiting for.

I know.... So just Imagine what other players, coaches and GMs think/feel about Tannehill, yikes!
Just a note. Posting something as if you have any clue how other teams and gm's value players does not make it a fact.

Just a note. Posting something as if you have any clue how other teams and gm's value players does not make it a fact.

Well his former teammates sure have nothing positive to say about him. And note I said just imagine. I've never seen much love for tannehill outside this organization. Feel free to share otherwise.
Lots of Twitter hate for tannehill

Well his former teammates sure have nothing positive to say about him. And note I said just imagine. I've never seen much love for tannehill outside this organization. Feel free to share otherwise.
Lots of Twitter hate for tannehill
Yes Twitter where all front office personnel post.

Back
Top Bottom