Tannehill's Trade Value | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill's Trade Value

Excellent summary. The entire post was excellent even though I quoted only that paragraph.

Tannehill creates and exaggerates his own excuses. I think the Dolphins have finally caught into it. I don't doubt that the league was already aware and therefore his value has never been as high as estimated.

Watch all the bowl games. That's always a great Ryan Tannehill tonic. We hear how impossible he has it, given the offensive line. Meanwhile there are quarterbacks on every level escaping pressure and trapped situations, like the Syracuse quarterback last night rescuing a play in such incredible fashion that even the referee was smiling alongside him in disbelief, as they raced toward the new line of scrimmage 50 yards downfield.

Adam Gase on the market would be in greater demand than Ryan Tannehill on the market. I hope the Dolphins handicap the situation properly.
You could be right, but if they are both cut loose on Monday, which won't happen, I think RT stands a better chance of being an opening day starter next year, that Gase does of being HC.

Every team interested will point to his injury history and how many sacks he has taken over the years. His age too.
I would be thinking a 3rd at the highest or possibly a 4th.

Not a chance we get a 3rd or 4th for an injured, older, mediocre (at best) QB with that contract, especially with the other equivalent QBs available this offseason.

Jacksonville HAS to almost do something this offseason. They have a great defense, good offensive line and good running game. Their window is small right now. They need to capitalize. That may not be Tannehill, but they may "think" so.

Doubtful. He has a lingering shoulder injury and a bum knee. His stats are largely inflated in garbage time. It has become more and more obvious regardless of who coaches him Tannehill is limited at the LOS. You might get a team to part with a 5th or worse. Problem is teams know we are moving on so they will just wait for him to be released. He is not a must have QB.
That's a very good point. Only stupid Ross would make it that obvious that he wants him out making it less likely to get anything for him.

I must say, I have to laugh when people say, "The wrong side of thirty." The guy IS thirty.

Case Keenum? 30
Kirk Cousins? 30

If a team is desperate enough, they'll go after him.

If he is traded, how does his salary and cap hit go? How much will be on us and how much on the trade partner?
If we trade Tannehill our cap hit in 2019 is roughly 13.5 million, the other team’s cap hit is roughly 19 million.

If we cut him NOT designating a post June 1 cut our cap hit is 13.5 million in 2019 and 0 in 2020.

If we cut him designating him as a post June 1 cut our cap hit is 8 million in 2019 and 5.5 in 2020.

If we trade Tannehill our cap hit in 2019 is roughly 13.5 million, the other team’s cap hit is roughly 19 million.

If we cut him NOT designating a post June 1 cut our cap hit is 13.5 million in 2019 and 0 in 2020.

If we cut him designating him as a post June 1 cut our cap hit is 8 million in 2019 and 5.5 in 2020.
Thanks. So what teams would be willing to take him on with that much of a cap hit? It would save us about 13 million correct?

No one will trade for him, when they can sign him outright for less money on their own terms.

Tannehills contract makes him worth very little and his recent game film makes him worthless.

Thanks. So what teams would be willing to take him on with that much of a cap hit? It would save us about 13 million correct?
Yes. Forgot that. If he’s with us in 2019, his cap hit will be roughly 26.5 million. So we’ll save 13 million if he’s not on the team.

Another alternative would be to ask him for a pay cut (NOT a restructure). He’s being paid 19 million this year. If the team can get this number down to 10 million, his cap hit would be 17 million.

Best explanation I've seen.

Thanks

We don't know what we're doing. Ross is gonna evaluate after tomorrow. He might let Tannenbaum go, but he might let Gase and Grier go or he might get rid of Tannehill or he might keep some combo of all four. He should have seen enough now to make up his mind one way or another. If this is Gase's last game, he should be told by now.

Back
Top Bottom