Tannenbaum says: DENNIS HICKEY runs draft and ALL personel............ | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannenbaum says: DENNIS HICKEY runs draft and ALL personel............

Why would Tannenbaum take a step down from President of football operations to GM. Makes no sense.

He doesn't have to "step down" to the title of GM. He can be the VP and the GM, or hire someone else to be the GM. Or just be the VP and run ****.

Point is, he has the power to do whatever he wants.

New England for example doesn't have a GM, technically, but Bill Belichek runs player personnel. People say he is the coach and the "GM" because of what he does, but I don't believe he necessarily has the title.

So people really think Mike T can't get better? He can't improve?

Everyone here says players improve, but FO personal can't improve? Odd.

Mike Tannebaum on the Jets never cut dead weight, he riddled the team with bad contracts, he's doing the opposite in Miami ( yes Suh was expensive, but he's a top 5 defensive player, not your run of the mill player) That in its itself shows he's gotten smatter and learned from his mistakes.

So people really think Mike T can't get better? He can't improve?

Everyone here says players improve, but FO personal can't improve? Odd.

Mike Tannebaum on the Jets never cut dead weight, he riddled the team with bad contracts, he's doing the opposite in Miami ( yes Suh was expensive, but he's a top 5 defensive player, not your run of the mill player) That in its itself shows he's gotten smatter and learned from his mistakes.

It has been all Hickey . . . he's taking his lame duck title and he's going out with a blast . . . Tannenbaum be damn.

Mike has become somewhat of a super agent in recent years, he's learned the business and made connections. You are right, some of the people shunning him are the same ones expecting these massive improvements from players. Maybe he's become better at what he does.

I think Hickey sets the boards, but Tannenbaum wheels and deals around for trades during the draft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would Tannenbaumm do the wheeling and dealing when Hickey is capable of doing that himself? If they are supposed to be working together in all of this, wouldn't Tannenbaum making trades on draft day put Hickey in a bind?

It has been all Hickey . . . he's taking his lame duck title and he's going out with a blast . . . Tannenbaum be damn.

Mike has become somewhat of a super agent in recent years, he's learned the business and made connections. You are right, some of the people shunning him are the same ones expecting these massive improvements from players. Maybe he's become better at what he does.

That's all I was saying.

Sometimes a man failing is the best thing for him.

I am just shocked that veteran posters think that Tannenbaum is some fly on the wall.

Who sits in the middle of the press table?
Who speaks first?
Who said Dennis Hickey ran all decisions through him until Fritz Pollard spoke up?
Who led the charge to sign Suh?
According to insiders nationally and locally, who was given credit for purging the bad contracts?

I just do not get what people are looking at or listening too.

We don't know who led the charge to sign Suh but we do know that it was Tannenbaum's dealing with Suh's agent, Jimmy Sexton, that got the deal done.

It's just an unfortunate truth and really sets up nicely for Mike Tannenbaum on paper. Hickey is a lame duck and the probable intention is for Mike Tannenbaum to not renew his contract and take over all player operations in 2016. No questions asked, nobody is fired, the contract lapses and Tannenbaum slides right in there. The fact that's he's Hickey's boss right now and this outcome is pretty much inevitable means he'll have his say on what goes on in this draft and definitely has the stones to "make the call" if he chooses too.

Ross didn't have to do this, but he stills treats this as a business first and foremost. He needs a high profile guy who can grab the big fish to sell his high profile stadium renovation in 2016.

I guess I should put the caveat of "I am speculating" in there, since everybody wants to feel this is going in another direction.

Like I said, I was perfectly fine with rolling with Hickey into 2015, but when we signed Tannenbaum, everything changed.

You are reading alot into the Tannenbaum signing, which could all be dead on - exactly as you write it, but it could also be Ross wanting someone between him and the GM and other high up types, so Ross can have more free time...the guy is pretty damn old. I don't think it necessarily says anything about Hickey. Either way, if the fins have a losing season, alot of our staff will be lame ducks - by default.

You all really think Hickey has all this power don't ya? Last time I checked, he's on year 2 of a 2 year deal. He's as good as gone unless there is a lot of success in 2015 and Hickey isn't offered a better job with another team. You don't think Tannenbaum has the intention to A. Hire his "own" guy . . . . or B. Just lose his fall guy and take over everything w/o replacing the GM?

You're making my case for me. In this situation, what do you think is better, taking it like a good boy when everyone in the league will know you're a pushover and you're almost certain to get fired at the end of the year, or go to court? Can you imagine the damage to the organization? Who would ever want to work here again?

The key element here is that Hickey wasn't in on this from the beginning. When Tannebaum was signed, Hickey's lawyer rushed to Ross asking for clarification. There is no absolutely no way they would have tried a scumbag move like this and risk the scandal if Hickey wasn't on board with it from the start.

And the cherry on top is that if Ross wanted Tannebaum as the GM all he had to do was fire Hickey. Why would he go through all this circus and potential scandal when there was a much simpler way of getting what he wanted.

Can't Hickey and Tannenbaum both be good? Can't they both have their own set of responsibilities to help the team?

I like last years draft, I like these FA moves and I feel really good about this upcoming draft. Hickey was clearly responsible for last years draft, but the boldness of this years free agency looks more like Tannenbaum......but who really knows. As long as they are working together to improve the team, I don't really care.....

We don't know who led the charge to sign Suh but we do know that it was Tannenbaum's dealing with Suh's agent, Jimmy Sexton, that got the deal done.

None of this brought suh here. We offered the most money and that's what he wanted.

Back
Top Bottom