Tannenbaum says: DENNIS HICKEY runs draft and ALL personel............ | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannenbaum says: DENNIS HICKEY runs draft and ALL personel............

Tannenbaum will strongly tell his opinion but he gives it up in the end.

But making things happen for trades and all the FA deals getting those salaries gone is tannenbaum.

He clearly put his two cents in all the time.

Really? Where's your proof of this?

Suh was planned out by hickey and aponte towards the end of last year. Cameron and Stills both alluded to Hickey being the guy they met with and was a reason they signed here.

Tannenbaum has done nothing player wise because, as he himself said.....its not his job!! Its Hickeys. ROSS himself said hickey controls all player acquisitions and draft and that Hickey answers to him only. Not to Tannenbaum!!

What are you not getting?

I personally don't think he has to run his picks through Tannebaum. I think Tannebaum has some input but I think many overstate the impact of Tannebaum.

That's it in a nut shell.

Well put.

But its bizarre to me that anyone ever thought Tannenbaum took his job. Ross said otherwise and Tannenbaum hasnt spent time with draft prospects or brought in any free agents. There just hadn't been one thing that pointed otherwise. But, some have just gone hog wild with the its Tannenbaum's job now, hickey is his lackey, etc..... .

I guess that Parrott guy even proclaimed the other day that his sources informed him that Ross is now so enamoured with Tannenbaum that he gave him the hole shebang (even though Ross and t-bomb have known each other for years), he now controls the whole team!! Its posted here somewhere. A poster put it up yesterday.

Guess he should have talked to Tannenbaum first!!!! Probably should have a chat with those "sources".

First off, don't blow a gasket; why are you so mad?
second, all I said was that I wasn't totally sure what the power structure is, I hope it's mostly Hickey
third, "some parrot guy" lol dude he was a huge member of this site and will still rarely post. Pretty sure most people here like to know his input

chill out

I personally don't think he has to run his picks through Tannebaum. I think Tannebaum has some input but I think many overstate the impact of Tannebaum.

I think Miami will go out of their way to ensure the league knows they didn't violate the hiring process when they brought Tannenbaum in.

If Hickey has a guy at 14, and Tannenbaum disagrees and has a guy . . . . you honestly think that Hickey says "well I really don't give a **** what you think I'm taking him end of story" . . . . nah . . . Hickey/Philbin are on the short leashes, not Mike. He's taking a guy that is "future proof" not some short term "save a job fill a need" guy. Tannenbaum is Hickey's boss . . . he'll give Hickey rope but don't think for a second that its free rein.

And yea, it is all speculation by everybody . . . but it only makes sense.

I think Miami will go out of their way to ensure the league knows they didn't violate the hiring process when they brought Tannenbaum in.

If Hickey has a guy at 14, and Tannenbaum disagrees and has a guy . . . . you honestly think that Hickey says "well I really don't give a **** what you think I'm taking him end of story" . . . . nah . . . Hickey/Philbin are on the short leashes, not Mike. He's taking a guy that is "future proof" not some short term "save a job fill a need" guy. Tannenbaum is Hickey's boss . . . he'll give Hickey rope but don't think for a second that its free rein.

And yea, it is all speculation by everybody . . . but it only makes sense.

I have no doubt that Hickey has people in his ear, I just don't agree that he has to take who Tannebaum wants, if this is the case at some point the truth will come out and then the league will probably take a draft pick for circumventing the rooney rule. What good is going out of the way to appear , if its just a ruse and quite likely at some point the truth will come out. Its not like Hickey will have lifetime job security here. If we are that stupid then, we will deserve what we get.

I have no doubt that Hickey has people in his ear, I just don't agree that he has to take who Tannebaum wants, if this is the case at some point the truth will come out and then the league will probably take a draft pick for circumventing the rooney rule. What good is going out of the way to appear , if its just a ruse and quite likely at some point the truth will come out. Its not like Hickey will have lifetime job security here. If we are that stupid then, we will deserve what we get.

We have shown to be very stupid in the past. Remember this is the same owner who had Sparano under contract, didn't relieve him from contract . . . yet still went after ANOTHER coach. If you don't trust the guy leading your team, to the point that you have to chase another coach, then you let that guy go and deal with the results and the consequences of that action.

They announced a super team when bullygate happened, and till this day that IMO was just for appearance. A front for, "damn the league is looking, lets appear to be doing something".

All I'm saying is Stephen Ross has 7 billion in the bank, he thinks he's the smartest person in the room . . . and he probably is . . . . but don't expect everybody to read into your actions as they are truth. We've seen this before.

We have shown to be very stupid in the past. Remember this is the same owner who had Sparano under contract, didn't relieve him from contract . . . yet still went after ANOTHER coach. If you don't trust the guy leading your team, to the point that you have to chase another coach, then you let that guy go and deal with the results and the consequences of that action.

They announced a super team when bullygate happened, and till this day that IMO was just for appearance. A front for, "damn the league is looking, lets appear to be doing something".

All I'm saying is Stephen Ross has 7 billion in the bank, he thinks he's the smartest person in the room . . . and he probably is . . . . but don't expect everybody to read into your actions as they are truth. We've seen this before.

When it comes to real estate and finding ways for people to hide money im sure he is the smartest man in the room but as far as football he has proven to be far from it.
We shouldn't really expect more since having money doesn't make you some football expert. I don't doubt you may be right and we the fans will be the ones to suffer if that's the case.
I don't see any reason for Hickey to be quiet about this once he is no longer employed by the dolphins.

Obvious to you for obvious reasons. You hated the Hickey hire and championed the Tannenbaum hire. Now with the excitement of the draft and free agency you're screaming from the rooftops its all Tannenbaum's master plan. Say it a million times if you want, it won't change the fact that Hickey is still the GM.

LOL. I did not like the Hickey hire, but praised up and down what he did last year. He had a nice offseason.

However, I love the Tannebaum hire because it joined parts of the organization that were going in different directions. Now the left hand knows what the right is doing.

Have at it if you cannot recognize who has the power in this organization.

Finally!!!!!!! He says it.

Its about half way into the article. I have a finz app that let's you see all the sentinels articles. If you can't see the whole article download the free app from play store. Its very cool and info is put up quick!!! Its called MIAMI FOOTBALL presented by sunsentinel.com .

This is a GOOD thing all the way around. We won't have jet killer driving us off the cliff and we will now know who is responsible for the picks, good or bad on draft day.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-dolphins-draft-0425-20150424-story.html

SOOOOOO Happy reading this!

LOL. I did not like the Hickey hire, but praised up and down what he did last year. He had a nice offseason.

However, I love the Tannebaum hire because it joined parts of the organization that were going in different directions. Now the left hand knows what the right is doing.

Have at it if you cannot recognize who has the power in this organization.

You think you know who has the power. It's nothing but guessing and speculation because you or no one else here is in the rooms during those talks. Your perspective is skewed at best. Who would I believe some guy on the forums or Tannenbaum saying Hickey has control, while either could be lying/wrong I will go with Tannenbaum until proof of otherwise. I feel it's more a collaborative effort than some are assuming.

Last edited by a moderator:
I for one really like what Hickey has done these past two off-seasons. He has basically corrected all of Ireland's FU*K UPS. We got rid of those ridiculous contracts, and replaced them with younger, better, CHEAPER players. Last draft we took 2 starters in our first 2 picks, something I haven't seen the Dolphins accomplish since the Marino era. Turner is slated to be a starter this year, so make that 3 starters in our top 3 picks. Let's see what he does this year, and hopefully with some insight and guidance from Tannenbaum he can work his magic some more.

I think thats a good thing, but honestly, who the f*** knows if its true or not?

Tannebaum nor the team can say anything else or we'd be hit with a Rooney rule violation, and considering the subterfuge that we'd be accused of engaging in to hide it, we'd get hit with a pretty big penalty. I'd bet we'd lose a 1st round pick at a minimum.

And I do wonder if Hickey or Philbin have evidence that Tannebaum was hired with some authority over personnel that has never been made public. If that's the case, either would have Ross by nads.

I have not felt this good about a Fins front office in 20 years! They really seem to have a vision & you can't be unhappy with anything they have done. This team has so needed someone running the show & withh all the pros & cons regarding Tannenbaum I like the pros.Whatever structure is reality I think people involved like it & I like it. Bring on the draft!!!!

Back
Top Bottom