Tannenbaum to serve a Parcells role w/ Miami to Oversee Football Operations | Page 57 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannenbaum to serve a Parcells role w/ Miami to Oversee Football Operations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bushrod came because Gase convinced him. Tunsil fell in our laps by the grace of bong.

Kiko was a great add but we didn't do anything to bolster talent or depth. We scrapped at the bottom of the barrel to find Donald Butler. Misi and Jenkins have long history of being made of glass.

Relying on Maxwell to replace Grimes wasn't an upgrade but basically a lateral move.

Buffalo could have never paid Clay if we franchised and signed him longer term a year later when they were out of Rex F-You money.

I have to disagree with you on Grimes. He was terrible last season. Especially against the bills and jets, go back and watch those 4 games. Tannenbaum went out and got the players that fit Gase's and Joseph's system.

The best move that Tannenbaum made was extending Tannehill, despite the heads exploding of more than a few FH'ers at that point. However, I'm not convinced that it was an autonomous decision more so than a Ross directive - especially considering that it was Ross who targeted and landed Gase. And it's hard to argue that Gase is not just the most important, but actually the quintessential move made by the franchise over the last 2 years.

Going back to Ross stepping in to stop Ireland from trading and backing up the Brinks Truck for Kyle Orton, perhaps his instincts aren't so bad after all. Maybe Ross should be the football overlord and Tannenbaum his version of Chris Grier. J/K (sort of)

I love what Gase and his staff have done but to not give Tannenbaum credit is ridiculous. I hate the Caroo trade up and fear more trading up in the draft but he's acquired the best OL we've seen in years, brought in Suh, extended Tannehill, traded for the best LB we've had in a decade and acquired several guys as stop gaps as they continue building with young talent.

He worked well with Mangini and no reason to think he cant with Gase. As someone reminded me as I laid out my disdain for the Caroo pick, "you better believe Gase was on board."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom