taylor could only make 1.8m with jets | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

taylor could only make 1.8m with jets

Sure they can offer the 1.8 million plus incentives.
This can go past 3 million. No way Miami matches.
Trifecta is making a huge mistake hear. Dont believe thye hype
about Leverage. This is real stuff happening here.

Finally, a coherent post actually relating to the thread. Yes, i'm sure the jets will throw in incentives in any offer towards jt, not to mention that 1.8 million is actually more than the dolphins paid him last year.

And btw, with the exception of dfin this is the terrible display of classlessness from both teams fans.

Player A: 27,663yds 173TDs 220INTs 65.5 RTG
Player B: 61,361yds 420TDs 252INTs 86.4 RTG

Trent Dilfer: 20,615yds 113TDs 129INT 70.2 RTG
Scott Mitchell: 16,692yds 95TD 81INT 75.3 RTG

even scott mitchell had a better career than namath...

He was referring to marinos lack of a superbowl win, if you did not catch on to that.

i doubt we would give him more than 1.8 mil either. if money is the hold-up in NY, it's going to be a hold-up down here as well IMO.

Player A: 27,663yds 173TDs 220INTs 65.5 RTG
Player B: 61,361yds 420TDs 252INTs 86.4 RTG

Trent Dilfer: 20,615yds 113TDs 129INT 70.2 RTG
Scott Mitchell: 16,692yds 95TD 81INT 75.3 RTG

even scott mitchell had a better career than namath...

joe namath - won probably the most important superbowl in the history of the game.

dan marino - joe montana's b*tch

Enough already with the sniping. Both sides can throw all the numbers and points they want about Marino, Namath, etc. etc, Neither side is going to agree on this or any other player comparision. The point of the thread is state what the Jets can or can't offer JT and issues related to that. I don't personally think JT is really serious about this, as his feelings about the Jets and their fans is clear and vice-versa. Hell, even Fireman Ed has come out and call BS on all this. Whether they get him or not, the interesting piece in all this is how this will play out with the fans. Are the Jet fans going to be ok with Rex trying to or succeeding in bringing in one of the most hated competitors to the team? The Vikings got away with it last year because he was successful and gave them a shot at making the SB. Does JT really do the same for the Jets????
:ponder:

why would some fans hate this hes old, hes not jt of old

Your right he's not JT of old but he is still the best defensive player we have.
http://profootballfocus.com/by_posi...e=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1

He was the eight best 3-4 olb in the league, led the team in ff, defensive td's, second in sacks, solid in coverage, and his int was returned for a td but the refs blew the call. Besides all of that he loves being a Dolphin and really cares about winning games more than he worries about his stats.

I always root for the Dolphins, not the individual, but JT plays with the emotion and intensity I think is contagious to the younger players. Considering our current situation at lb'er JT seems to me to be a perfect fit. I just don't understand what the front office is waiting for.

That being said if JT does play somewhere else to finish off his career I will not resent him. This is the guy who took out an add in the paper to thank dolfans for all their support after he was traded. He has always been grateful to the fans and never gave up on the team.

yeah i guess only using the last 2 years makes your argument better. how about the last 12 years? i dont think the phins haven't won a single play-off game in that time span and are 7-17 against the jets. so all of jason taylors career the phins have basically been the jets' b*tch and have been complete losers for the most part. i don't like taylor but the guy was a great player stuck on a loser for his entire career.
In one post you you argue against using only the past 2 years as a gauge of the 2 teams performance. Then, in the very next post, you say you would much rather compare them on how they are doing now. Make up your mind if you have one.
IMO, if you are talking about legacy then you have to look at each team's entire history. Phins have the advantage here. If you are talking about this year's chances based on the talent and coaching currently on each team, then you cant go back more than a couple of years. Jets have a slight advantage here. (Phins won the div 2yrs ago, Jets went to AFC title game last year)
Thats just my opinion and Im sure a lot of my fellow Phin fans will disagree with me, but at least I'm not contradicting myself from one post to the next.

Wow you MADE it to the AFC championship and LOST. If you would have won, and lost in the super bowl at least then you could save face and buy AFC champs merch, but I'm not sure there's a big market for AFC championship game losing merch. Although, if there was, leave it to the JESTS fans to probably wear it proudly. And I doubt the Dolphins were sitting at home watching the Jets loose that game, anyone with a brain would have realized with a Mark Sanchez vs. Peyton Manning match-up at QB, the game was over before it even started. I'll go further than that. The JESTS are a franchise of losers, with the biggest player in the history of your franchise(Namath) is one of the most overrated QB's in history. And don't bring up the championship, cause I'm pretty sure Trent Dilfer has one. And the comparison to Trent Dilfer is an insult to Trent Dilfer.

Anyone who watched the game, realized that the game would have been over if the Jets didn't miss a FG that Manning later turned it into a TD instead on a short field. Dude, games are never played on paper.

Are you seriously comparing the 1960-70s Namath with Trent Dilfer who played about four decades after Namath did?? If u want to compare, compare Namath with a QB of his time, not with someone who wasn't even born even a decade after Namath retired.

Back
Top Bottom