TE RANDY McMICHAEL IMPRESSIVE...

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Scout Team
Joined
Jan 27, 2002
Messages
308
Reaction score
0
I would not discount the nice workout that TE MATT SCHOBEL had down here.....but the overall best pass catching---athletic-type TE that came to town....was RANDY McMichael...out of GEORGIA.

I think you will see in the next few days.....that the Dolphins will be talking contract parameters with former Bear Lt....BLAKE BROCKEMYER. I heard that he is not happy about the circumstances of his release by the Bears. BLAKE and TONY WISE are very farmiliar with one another....and I know they already have contacted his agent.

Unless there is a complete turnaround in contract talks.....it looks very bleak now....that LORENZO BROMELL returns to the Dolphins. The Dolphins will now look at all the castaways......except for GILLIGAN and the SKIPPER. Meaning...MIKE SINCLAIR and ROB BURNETT. Actually...the answer may be on our roster right now....DAVID BOWENS.

I know people are very high on SETH McKINNEY......however....I do not think the DOlphins are. They have not brought Mckinney in....instead this BALL kid. The DOlphins really believe that TROY "WHO" ANDREW.....has a future. He is a very bright guy....a real overachiever from DUKE. This is why I don't see the Dolphins taking Mckinney in the third round.

The DOLPHIN DRAFT DAY FANFEST begins on DRAFT DAY at PRO PLAYER at 10 am. You can get your seats also for this upcoming season..... I will be there once again....to get some auto-graphs for the Mini-helmets. New and Old Dolphins will be there.....
DCH
 

akfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Joined
Sep 3, 2001
Messages
4,172
Reaction score
31
Location
Anchorage, AK
I don't care who we draft as long as I have some great Fins for Fantasy players, and we win the Super Bowl!!!
 

akfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Joined
Sep 3, 2001
Messages
4,172
Reaction score
31
Location
Anchorage, AK
If I am lucky I will take Ricky Williams in the second round for the third straight year....maybe iit won't backfire at the end of the season!!!!
 

VanDolPhan

Starter
Joined
Mar 3, 2002
Messages
7,199
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
Hamilton, Ontario
I like the idea of bringing Blake in if the money is alright. He would at least solidify our Left Tackle problem and then it would only be a matter of who we keep as his backup......Smith or Spriggs.

On the flip side I don't like the idea of us drafting a TE with the 3rd pick unless the Tight Ends in the draft really are one of the most elite classes of TE's to ever be in the draft. Unless we get a player good enough to catch 20-25 balls and block (not either or). Then that would at least clear out the logjam at TE. However I would rather see us spend that 3rd rounder on an OL just out of the fact that you can usually find a gem in the 3rd round ala Olin.
 

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Joined
Sep 4, 2001
Messages
13,973
Reaction score
2
Age
57
Location
CT
Originally posted by DIRTYCASHHOLDIN
I would not discount the nice workout that TE MATT SCHOBEL had down here.....but the overall best pass catching---athletic-type TE that came to town....was RANDY McMichael...out of GEORGIA.

I think you will see in the next few days.....that the Dolphins will be talking contract parameters with former Bear Lt....BLAKE BROCKEMYER. I heard that he is not happy about the circumstances of his release by the Bears. BLAKE and TONY WISE are very farmiliar with one another....and I know they already have contacted his agent.

Unless there is a complete turnaround in contract talks.....it looks very bleak now....that LORENZO BROMELL returns to the Dolphins. The Dolphins will now look at all the castaways......except for GILLIGAN and the SKIPPER. Meaning...MIKE SINCLAIR and ROB BURNETT. Actually...the answer may be on our roster right now....DAVID BOWENS.

I know people are very high on SETH McKINNEY......however....I do not think the DOlphins are. They have not brought Mckinney in....instead this BALL kid. The DOlphins really believe that TROY "WHO" ANDREW.....has a future. He is a very bright guy....a real overachiever from DUKE. This is why I don't see the Dolphins taking Mckinney in the third round.

The DOLPHIN DRAFT DAY FANFEST begins on DRAFT DAY at PRO PLAYER at 10 am. You can get your seats also for this upcoming season..... I will be there once again....to get some auto-graphs for the Mini-helmets. New and Old Dolphins will be there.....
DCH

that's great news :jumper:

getting Blake w/b a great addition for depth (moving Smith and/or Spriggs to the bench) and quality on the starting line.

I have little interest in watching dumb 15yd penalties so I would rather see D Bowens in there than Lo Bro and even better is we sign a Burnett or Sinclair for the vet. min.

If they like Andrews, then why draft a C ? They must really want to replace Ruddy - particularly after the Kreutz courtship.
 

badfoot

nonpredictor
☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Jan 3, 2002
Messages
876
Reaction score
1
Location
ohio
DCH .thanx again for the great info ! I am a little confused on the blake thing ...He is being waived because of a 500 thousand bonus? That doesnt seem like much for a starting left tackle ..Are we all missing something here? Is this another wannspeil explayer signing ? Is this guy that good ? I am always for signing a better player ..but i have doubts Im also lost as to where we are with our salary cap...I know we wont have any highpriced first or second round picks to sign this year but dont we still have to have a certain amount to be able to draft? Im hoping d.bowens and/or a.ogunleye can step up this year i saw flashes from bowens last year ! hate to bring in a vetren unless its cheap and we can use that new rule allowing a partial payment for veterens. both those guys metioned are on the downside of thier carrers now.
 

EddieIrvine13

Active Roster
Joined
Mar 8, 2002
Messages
595
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
Chicago
No. Blake was scheduled to make I believe $4.1 million. The $500K only plays in effect schedule wise... they asked him to make a $3 million pay cut, and he inevitably refused. They cut him to avoid forking over the $500K bonus... it was only a matter of time until he would have been cut.
He is that good.
The Bears let him go because they have another guy (I cannot recall his name) who is supposed to be the next Olin coming up. He was going to play center if we got Olin back.
The Bears need to free up cap space to resign at least one of their two FA LBs (Colvin and Holdman) to long term contracts cuz they are morons and filled out the RFA paper work wrong. They also need room for a good backup QB like Chandler.
But that is why Blake was released.
He is a good OT and usually healthy. THey were concerned because he had surgery in the offseason (two i think).
We have enough right now for the draft picks, but if we get blake and a couple more vets like a DE, then we might have to cut back somewhere. Look for us to get rid of Perry after June 6 and maybe restructure a contract or two (hopefully gardener will succomb to a restructured contract).
 

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Joined
Sep 4, 2001
Messages
13,973
Reaction score
2
Age
57
Location
CT
Re: PERRY

Originally posted by Den54
If they were to cut him, who would long snap?
he was talking about Todd Perry, not Ed Perry
 

TedDanson

Rookie
Joined
Apr 2, 2002
Messages
83
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by EddieIrvine13
No. Blake was scheduled to make I believe $4.1 million. The $500K only plays in effect schedule wise... they asked him to make a $3 million pay cut, and he inevitably refused. They cut him to avoid forking over the $500K bonus... it was only a matter of time until he would have been cut.
He is that good.
The Bears let him go because they have another guy (I cannot recall his name) who is supposed to be the next Olin coming up. He was going to play center if we got Olin back.
The Bears need to free up cap space to resign at least one of their two FA LBs (Colvin and Holdman) to long term contracts cuz they are morons and filled out the RFA paper work wrong. They also need room for a good backup QB like Chandler.
But that is why Blake was released.
He is a good OT and usually healthy. THey were concerned because he had surgery in the offseason (two i think).
We have enough right now for the draft picks, but if we get blake and a couple more vets like a DE, then we might have to cut back somewhere. Look for us to get rid of Perry after June 6 and maybe restructure a contract or two (hopefully gardener will succomb to a restructured contract).

This is why we will draft a punter and not sign one. We have too many other areas to fill and cap wise it is smarter to draft a punter. I know it is said often, some believe it some don't. I do. Punters are a dime a dozen.
 

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Joined
Sep 4, 2001
Messages
13,973
Reaction score
2
Age
57
Location
CT
Originally posted by TedDanson


This is why we will draft a punter and not sign one. We have too many other areas to fill and cap wise it is smarter to draft a punter. I know it is said often, some believe it some don't. I do. Punters are a dime a dozen.
though they are looking hard at Mark Royals
 

EddieIrvine13

Active Roster
Joined
Mar 8, 2002
Messages
595
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
Chicago
Mark Royals is very old... he will only be around for a year or two.
We have two very talented P in the draft this year in that dude with the funny name from Ohio and Travis Dorsch from Purdue. But remember, we did draft Barthalomew in the sixth round of the draft a couple years back. Since then, he was traded to the Bears and now I dont konw where he is. I know he does not start for the Bears.
 

Capt. Dick

Deep Sea Wanderer
Joined
Feb 23, 2002
Messages
2,383
Reaction score
0
Location
Akron zoo
Originally posted by TedDanson


This is why we will draft a punter and not sign one. We have too many other areas to fill and cap wise it is smarter to draft a punter. I know it is said often, some believe it some don't. I do. Punters are a dime a dozen.


"punters are a dime a dozen"..........I disagree. Distance isn`t an issue with these guys as they all kick the bejeezuz out of the ball. The important things like hangtime, placement and the ability to kick under pressure are critical issues imho.
 
Top Bottom