Team Player Changes | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Team Player Changes

I think we're a lot smarter, we'll finally have leadership on offensive, the line is as complete as it's been in over a decade, and we should be improved at getting to the QB.

I like the direction we're headed into considering the limited resources we had to work with in FA.

Now to the draft. It's all on the draft. The draft will make or break 2018. If we land a QB at #11 then we will have to evaluate it differently. Otherwise, they've got to hit on multiple first year starters in this draft, especially at LB and TE.

Additions-Wilson, Amendola, Quinn, Sitton, Kilgore, Gore, Osweiler

Subtractions-Suh, Landry, Parkey, Timmons, Pouncey, Thomas, Williams

Okay, updated with today's transactions. Are we still better?

Additions-Wilson, Amendola, Quinn, Sitton, Kilgore, Gore, Osweiler

Subtractions-Suh, Landry, Parkey, Timmons, Pouncey, J. Thomas, Williams, M. Thomas

I honestly liked this years FA period.

Got better on OL, got deeper at WR.

Now the draft, we need a playmaker on defense. We need a LB or S to change how teams play Miami. And enforcer who leads.

We need Derwin James.

Hearing Fede is gone but can’t find anything on this. Anyone know?

As for “are we better”? On paper just looking at talent levels, no. For what we want to do as a TEAM, yes. It should show up in fewer drive killing penalties but we shall see.

The other big wildcard for me is the RMillan kid. High hopes but he hasn’t played a down - coming off of a knee and no experience. How much can we realistically expect from him? Need to get more play making LBs in here.

Drafting an elite TE will take the team a long way. Can they do it? We’ll see.

Their first pick will be another big move for the team assuming they hit on the right one. BIG draft coming in a month.

Hearing Fede is gone but can’t find anything on this. Anyone know?

As for “are we better”? On paper just looking at talent levels, no. For what we want to do as a TEAM, yes. It should show up in fewer drive killing penalties but we shall see.

Fede is not under contract with anyone. he's a solid rotational guy, but with Quinn, Wake, Harris, Hayes and Branch i can't imagine him coming back.

Additions-Wilson, Amendola, Quinn, Sitton, Kilgore, Gore, Osweiler, Petty, Escobar, Garvin, Joseph, Spence, Fitzpatrick, Gesicki, Baker, Smythe, Ballage, Armstrong, Polling, Sanders

Subtractions-Suh, Landry, Parkey, Timmons, Pouncey, J. Thomas, Williams, M. Thomas, Hewitt, Doughty, Cutler

Italicized/Underlined are draft picks. Better or worse so far this offseason? Have I missed anyone?

If you consider a healthy Tannehill as an addition (I do since it’s been so long) than we are better than 2017. If not then it’s a wash.

Fitz and Gesicki developing as we hope, and make contributions in the form of big plays by week 8, then we are at least a bit better, even considering Tannehill a static move

If you consider a healthy Tannehill as an addition (I do since it’s been so long) than we are better than 2017. If not then it’s a wash.

Fitz and Gesicki developing as we hope, and make contributions in the form of big plays by week 8, then we are at least a bit better, even considering Tannehill a static move

Interesting thought. Definitely an upgrade in the QB position from last year. I was just listing actual team additions and subtractions. The problem is anyone could get injured for the season, including Tannehill, so that's why I didn't include him.

Back
Top Bottom