Teammates Impressed w/ Tannehill | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Teammates Impressed w/ Tannehill

Daytona Fin

Queeks Draw
Club Member
Reaction score
“He’s worked hard on all aspects of his game, but I think he’s proving in the couple of weeks we’ve been here in camp that he’s throwing the ball down the field really well,” backup quarterback Matt Moore said. “I think good decision making is a big part of that, and ball location.”

Tannehill didn’t meet with the media after Sunday’s practice, but teammates were praising his evolving game.

Jennings, who signed with Miami in April, said he’s seen Tannehill improve just in the short time he has been with the team.

“He looks more comfortable in the pocket. It’s just his presence,” Jennings said. “He looks like he has more control and composure and he looks settled.

“He’s very poised and ready to have a good year. He looks really good.”

So Tannehill was throwing plenty of passes, just not long ones.

If training camp is any indication, Tannehill will air it out more this year.

“It’s always good when offensive linemen get to see the deep ball caught,” center Mike Pouncey said after Sunday’s practice. “It saves us a lot of work.

“Ryan’s been spectacular all offseason. I’m really proud of the strides he’s taken. He’s taken a lot of heat over the course of his career. He kept pressing forward, kept getting better each and every year and we’re looking forward to him leading us to where we want to be this year.”

Coach Joe Philbin said some of Tannehill’s improvement this training camp is a credit to the receivers.

“You have to have better understanding from the receivers,” Philbin said of the deep game. “They have to find certain landmarks on specific routes and I think that’s helped. I think some of the things that we’ve done — even though they’re not full speed — just the receivers shielding and they’re using their body and the location of where we want the ball. We’ve been more specific in that area.

“Hopefully that shows up on game days.”

Jennings, however, said you have to be careful not to put too much stock in practice performances.

“I would love to say we’re going to complete the deep balls this year at a high percentage,” he said. “It’s great right now but none of this means anything if it doesn’t translate and we can’t correspond over to the playing field.”

His interception struggles in last season’s training camp became such a story line that Dolphins Hall-of-Fame quarterback Bob Griese had to defend him, saying he, too, would regularly throw picks in practice.
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/s...lphins-receivers-connecting-on-deep-pa/nnGYB/

I happy to see everyone is finally coming around on Tannehill .......

The original Tannehill haters I personally know have ALL been changing their tone.....

They're all scared of looking like Jackasses cause everyone is feeling it

The original Tannehill haters I personally know have ALL been changing their tone.....

Can he play atleast half a season before declaring that he has arrived?

Some of the more prominent members no longer post here for that exact reason. Good riddance, I say.

Party pooper

Everybody was criticizing tannehill for his problems and rightfully so. Pocket awareness, deep ball. I was too. It was more than evident he aas weak in those areas. But if he can prove he has developed that part of his game... well, I'll be glad to be wrong. We all just want our dolphins to be the freakin best at everything. And when they're not, ppl get mad. I had a love /hate with tanne so far. I really do like him for our qb, I'm just not afraid to point out his weakness. I really hope he can take that next step. I was more than pleased with his improvement last year. He played really well overall. I'm just not buying the hype yet. Year after mother freaking year... and the o line is what scares me the most. We will get eaten alive if they can't hold up. I'm not counting on Albert and we all know when he goes down we are screwed. Good luck tanne

People on here acting surprised.

Really sad that they couldn't see it coming. It's been right there in glaring color for anyone with good football knowledge to see.

Anyone who truly understands football and the QB position. No surprise.

LD

Can we at least wait til Thursday to start crowning Tannehill? We talking about practice lol

Its not just practice, Its that he has been hitting the deep ball constantly for about a week. He did not do that at all last year at this time. THAT is improvement.

Can we at least wait til Thursday to start crowning Tannehill? We talking about practice lol
Hmm let's see, everyone started ****ting on him after a bad practice. Why can't we praise him after a good one? Does the standard not apply both ways?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

I know the kids the goods but i dont know if we will truly get to see his ceiling this year or close to it if the protection is turnstyle...if that was shored up id say we were in for quite a treat this year

We will see...all i do know is please people pick up on the qb IS NOT the problem...the is the qb legit debates on this board are nauseating

best thing this teams done in 20 years was sign ryan tannehill to that contract extension

Back
Top Bottom