Ted Ginn Jr. Is a Miami Dolphin. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ted Ginn Jr. Is a Miami Dolphin.

Why did you have to say something that is so far from the truth to try to make a point.The sad thing is you get applauded for it. Brady Quinn could not beat out a journeyman QB? That statement is so far beyond fiction its ridiculous. Which WR did Ginn beat out to start? He couldn't beat out a reciever who got cut. Derek Anderson on the other hand had a pro bowl season and at least Quinn pushed for the starting job, while Beck was the third stringer and only became a starter by injury. Derek Anderson is 2 years younger than Beck and already has a pro bowl under his belt. If Anderson had struggled at all Quinn was going to be the starter but Anderson played well. Odds are Anderson did something that Beck will never do.

I'm having a hard time trying to understand what you mean when you say Odds are Anderson has done something that Beck will never do??? Make the Pro Bowl?? Beat Brady Quinn? I would hope that as a Dolphin fan you wouldn't hopethat Beck wouldn't make the Pro Bowl.

I'm having a hard time trying to understand what you mean when you say Odds are Anderson has done something that Beck will never do??? Make the Pro Bowl?? Beat Brady Quinn? I would hope that as a Dolphin fan you wouldn't hopethat Beck wouldn't make the Pro Bowl.

odds are tha he will never make the pro bowl. i never said i hope i said odds were there there is a differance

Ginn got speed and he will get dow feild fast! If we end up getting Matt Ryan we will have one of the strongest arms in the NFL. i can already see Ryan bomb to Ginn for big yards and a big year

Ginn got speed and he will get dow feild fast! If we end up getting Matt Ryan we will have one of the strongest arms in the NFL. i can already see Ryan bomb to Ginn for big yards and a big year

Getting Matt Ryan will give us one of the strongest arms in the NFL? :err:

I could see him making it as a KR/PR, maybe not as a WR but deffinitly as a KR/PR.

I was speaking about Beck. I agree though he will make pro bowl as a returnman but not as a receiver unless Desean JAckson gets drafted in the AFC lol.

im a HUGE fan of mr ginn but the thing i hated was former wr coach terry robiskie saying that ted ginn will be nothing better then a #3 reciever, so ginn has a lot to prove still from the WR standpoint, though i think he can be an elite #1

The combined record yardage for a rookie sounds great until you realize
that John Avery held that record and did not return punts or start one game
his rookie season. Chris Chambers broke that record starting only 7 games and not returning punts. Its a solid job by a rookie but really not much of a record when you are the punt returner, kick returner and starting receiver for 9 games.

John Avery achieved this record when Dan Marino was at the helm. Chambers achieved his record when Fiedler was under center......

What does this all mean??? At least those 2 players above had the luxury of a Great QB in Marino and a very capable QB in Fiedler.

Ginn had Lemon-aide as his QB and then a very shaky rookie in Beck.

Cut the guy a break. He did very well in his limited role as a rookie.

And you can throw in that he didn't play that much when chris chambers was on the team. So that prevented some more catches as well. The first 5 games he didn't start so take that into account and you could easily give him another 7-12 catches and 210-369 yards. Also look at his stats when beck was Qb, he averaged 4 catches a game. I believe he will be better than chambers.
Please, Chris always did the hard catches and dropped tons of very catchable passes. Of course Chambers will be a more successful WR in San Diego, mostly because they have so many weapons, so he won't be full covered in several plays.

That said, we're speaking of very different development process on Chambers and Ginn.

During Chris' rookie season, this team have the most powerful RB and one of the hardest defenses among NFL, which both allowed more offensive mistakes and time management was very different. Meanwhile, on first year for Ginn, team record speaks by itself, a 1-15 season caused mostly because of lack of execution at defense, with a fragile and non so powerful running attack and a rookie passer. Innocently, Cameron's hopes lied on Ginn making tons of KR/PR for TD, but without his buckeye staff, he suffered a lot trying to find an escape route.

Sparano, Ireland and Parcells saw great potential on Ginn, but they noted a poor group to support the execution, so they're overhauling our special teams, adding kamikaze style guys able to open bigger holes for Ginn, and people who will primary serve as PR. This way Ginn will focus on magnifying his WR skills while being lethal at KR.

Chris Chambers is a well developed WR that lacked of rocket launcher QB, while Ted Ginn Jr. is a developing player who will suffer somehow the same unless Beck rediscovers his true potential.

Quit hating on Ginn guys. Even if your were not impressed wit his records and 2000+ yards as a rookie and doing 3 jobs for us HE IS THE 1st, 1st round pick to not hold out on us and got to camp on time. Give the guy some love for that simple fact. Remember he said he was coming to camp even if the contract wasn't worked out too and never once whinned about the reaction he received from the fanbase on draft day. He said he was just going to work his tail off and prove that he deserved to be that pick.

Quit hating on Ginn guys. Even if your were not impressed wit his records and 2000+ yards as a rookie and doing 3 jobs for us HE IS THE 1st, 1st round pick to not hold out on us and got to camp on time. Give the guy some love for that simple fact. Remember he said he was coming to camp even if the contract wasn't worked out too and never once whinned about the reaction he received from the fanbase on draft day. He said he was just going to work his tail off and prove that he deserved to be that pick.

Not really hating on Ginn, just stated that if a player plays a position and does both return duties its a fairly easy record to break also given the fact that we were awful which gave him more chances to return. I never liked taking Ginn with the pick, but as Cam said he is a Miami Dolphin so all I can do is hope for the best. After his rookie season, he is basically the same player I thought he was, although I did think he would have a little better rookie campaign. I hope he becomes a great player but as a rookie he just seemed like another guy to me at this point(a lot of rookies look like that guy). Hopefully he will be a vital cog for us and at the very least we should have one of the better returnmen in the NFL. Also I love the fact that Ginn was not a hold out. I'm still irked that Ronnie Brown held out.

Not really hating on Ginn, just stated that if a player plays a position and does both return duties its a fairly easy record to break also given the fact that we were awful which gave him more chances to return. I never liked taking Ginn with the pick, but as Cam said he is a Miami Dolphin so all I can do is hope for the best. After his rookie season, he is basically the same player I thought he was, although I did think he would have a little better rookie campaign. I hope he becomes a great player but as a rookie he just seemed like another guy to me at this point(a lot of rookies look like that guy). Hopefully he will be a vital cog for us and at the very least we should have one of the better returnmen in the NFL. Also I love the fact that Ginn was not a hold out. I'm still irked that Ronnie Brown held out.
I wasn't really high on the pick either but we have no control over that and neither did Ginn. He played hard every game and mad eit through the season doing some dangerous jobs and not the biggest guy on the feild. Yeah it was nothing spectacular but after the crap Ronnie and Jason Allen did he was a breath of fresh air IMO. If Ginn keeps working he can be great IMO and he did nothing to disappointment yet turned a Big 10 critic into a controversial picks fan.:up:

John Avery achieved this record when Dan Marino was at the helm. Chambers achieved his record when Fiedler was under center......

What does this all mean??? At least those 2 players above had the luxury of a Great QB in Marino and a very capable QB in Fiedler.

Ginn had Lemon-aide as his QB and then a very shaky rookie in Beck.

Cut the guy a break. He did very well in his limited role as a rookie.

his role was not that limited he did start 9 games which was two more than Chris Chambers and Jay Fielder was not all that capable. Put him at Qb last year and he would be Cleo Lemon or slightly better.

Good thread--I'm glad we got Ginn. You didn't even mention the other touchdowns that got called back for stupid holding penalties.

Welcome to the Ted Ginn Family Rationalization thread. I thought all of the SCAM Drinkers had allready passed on to the Darkside where it is sooooooo borring.

Someone needs to drop the SOAP over there.

Back
Top Bottom