Ted Ginn Jr..? Our dangerous pick? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ted Ginn Jr..? Our dangerous pick?

I prefer Meachem, I think he's more of a total package.

Yea, me too(then again I prefer Meachem, Rice and Bowe over Ginn). Too bad he'll be picked between 17-27 most likely though. Of all the WRs to fall to the 2nd it looks like Rice would be most likely right now. And depending what OLBs are available in rd 2, I'd be all for him. Maybe if Craig Davis had good workouts, I'd be for taking him too.

Yea, me too(then again I prefer Meachem, Rice and Bowe over Ginn). Too bad he'll be picked between 17-27 most likely though. Of all the WRs to fall to the 2nd it looks like Rice would be most likely right now. And depending what OLBs are available in rd 2, I'd be all for him. Maybe if Craig Davis had good workouts, I'd be for taking him too.

Thats pretty much opposite of what most GMs have.

Rice is the #1 receiver out of Meachem, Bowe, Rice, and Ball

Thats pretty much opposite of what most GMs have.

Rice is the #1 receiver out of Meachem, Bowe, Rice, and Ball

Ball? The D-II guy?

And in most of teh power rankings I have seen, Rice is below Meachem and Bowe. Most Mocks I've seen play out representing as much too(maybe Meachem after Rice, but Bowe before both in most).

Wow:eek: I dont even to how to respond to this insanity:shakeno:

I don't know, it surely looked like Ohio State was perfectly capable of losing by 30 without him. :sidelol:

Plus, he doesn't run very clean routes, he's not very big, his hands are questionable, his ability to go over the middle is questionable at best, he likely can't handle a jam well, and his true passion isn't even WR.

I don't know, it surely looked like Ohio State was perfectly capable of losing by 30 without him. :sidelol:

Plus, he doesn't run very clean routes, he's not very big, his hands are questionable, his ability to go over the middle is questionable at best, he likely can't handle a jam well, and his true passion isn't even WR.

Like I said..............can't respond to this insanity:shakeno:

Like I said..............can't respond to this insanity:shakeno:

Other than me ripping on Ohio State, there was nothing innaccurate about what I said. I stated numerous flaws in Ginn's game, all of which would be extremely tough to overcome in the NFL for anyone. It's especially bad considering how many fans seem to want us to draft Ginn at #9, so he can "save" our offense(at least our passing offense).

When I think about how a player would fit in to the existing offense (or defense), I can see how Ginn Jr. would make a tremendous impact from day 1, even if he doesn't produce right away. In fact, I believe he would make more of an impact for the Dolphins, right away, than any other player (although I still favor drafting Quinn if he is there).

His speed alone demands respect. That means safeties can't inch up and cheat against the run. The have to be conscious of Ginn Jr. flying up the sideline. That should open up the running game a little more, which is our strength at the moment. Ronnie Brown is our best offensive player, and drafting a burner on the outside would help him in many ways.

Drafting Ginn would probably moves Chambers to the slot, where he is more productive anyway. Now you got an all-purpose back, a deep threat, a few possession receivers, and Chambers free to find the seams.

The net result. The offense clicks better, stays on the field, and keeps the defense well-rested. The whole team improves.

And this is all without resorting to a discussion of how many times he catches the ball, or his contribution to special teams. His mere presence would make us better.

Great post.

Why does everyone think Ginn is small?

Ginn is listed at 6'0", 180lbs. He is light... I'll give you that, but he is an inch taller than Chambers.
:dolphins:

Sorry, but I think the title of the thread says it all. Ginn Jr. as our pick would be VERY Dangerous. I can see flashes of brilliance in some of his play and I can see him being a total bust. Only one WR taken in the 1st last year and with highly touted WR's like T.Williamson and M.Williams being relative busts (so far), I think a lot of teams are cautious against WR's in the 1st unless they are a lock. I don't see Ginn as a lock. I think he's a risk and we're going to be looking for a our 1st and 2nd round guys to be a little more of a sure thing that some have been.

Sorry, but I think the title of the thread says it all. Ginn Jr. as our pick would be VERY Dangerous. I can see flashes of brilliance in some of his play and I can see him being a total bust. Only one WR taken in the 1st last year and with highly touted WR's like T.Williamson and M.Williams being relative busts (so far), I think a lot of teams are cautious against WR's in the 1st unless they are a lock. I don't see Ginn as a lock. I think he's a risk and we're going to be looking for a our 1st and 2nd round guys to be a little more of a sure thing that some have been.

All draft players are dangerous. Thats's the nature of the draft. Hell, that's nature PERIOD. Life's a gamble no matter how you play it, safe or otherwise.

Ted Ginn Jr has the biggest potential upside of any player in this years draft.

Does anyone have the capacity to envision a Steve Smith/Devin Hester mix? Yes... I might be deaming but it's a beautiful dream.

Back
Top Bottom