Teddy Bridgewater Discussion (resignining With The Saints) | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Teddy Bridgewater Discussion (resignining With The Saints)

He was stellar on 3rd downs and wasn't asked to do much. Second yr player. Also I looked up his Wr and he had an old Mike Wallace and Theilan was in his second yr Diggs was a rookie. He's young and prob worth giving a shot. If he's good great and if not you move on.
Like I said: win-win...

I don't understand why Miami would sign T. Bridgewater. This is my analogy. If I have 3 cars already and they work just fine and don't cost much. Then why would I buy a slightly used car that is more expensive when the car I want will be released in 2020?

I know these guys are not cars but once 2020 draft rolls around and Fromm, Herbert and Tua have great years, it will be bye bye Teddy, waste of money.

IMO - you only sign a QB if you 100% believe they are the long term answer. If you sign T. Bridgewater THINKING you'll fall in love then not want the 2020 QB you are dead wrong, you're still going to draft the 2020 QB.
What 3 cars do we have that don't cost much?

Also, some coaches like their first year qb to sit a year and learn. So the slightly used car would be used for more than 1 year.

He's just going to use the Dolphins for more money so he can re-sign with the Saints
If he can do that more power to him. We haven't lost anything in the process. As far as we know the Saints are tapped out at 7 Mill a year which is huge for a backup QB. If the Dolphins go 8 or 9 Mill per year I doubt the Saints will offer more.
Right now the Saints are on the hook for 30 Mill/year for Brees. I doubt they want to spend $10 Mill on a backup.

The only ones banking on 2020 only are fans. An NFL team does not have the freedom of just skipping a year. If they get Bridgewater it is a win-win for the Dolphins.
Bridgewater is young and nobody knows what his ceiling or his potential is. He played one full season. It was a decent, not spectacular, season. He had a bad injury and the Vikings simply gave up on him before he was healthy.

If we get him at a decent price range we have a potential starter for at least the next two years at our hands and maybe more. That does not eliminate to draft a QB in 2019, 2020 or 2021. It eliminates the pressure and puts us in a situation where we can look at the situation with no hurry.

The only people who will be upset are those who put all their eggs in the basket "tanking" because they have simply no idea how the NFL works. Picking up Bridgewater would be like going from "all your eggs in one basket" to "eggs in your face". :lol:

I am not for tanking and believe it is impossible to get everyone on a TEAM involved with that idea. I am just being realistic about the Miami Dolphins with or without T. Bridgewater. I do not believe he's the answer at QB and would be a waste of money that could be used rebuilding other areas of the TEAM. Players that will be part of the long term and not just some stop gap.

While I do not want to see us tank I do believe we should focus on Oline and Defense front 7 as part of this rebuild.

I am just being realistic and thinking best way to rebuild from the ground up/inside out.

Signing Bridgewater is more in line with the staying in mediocrity ways of the past. Let's keep banging our head against that wall. :bang:

I am not for tanking and believe it is impossible to get everyone on a TEAM involved with that idea. I am just being realistic about the Miami Dolphins with or without T. Bridgewater. I do not believe he's the answer at QB and would be a waste of money that could be used rebuilding other areas of the TEAM. Players that will be part of the long term and not just some stop gap.

While I do not want to see us tank I do believe we should focus on Oline and Defense front 7 as part of this rebuild.

I am just being realistic and thinking best way to rebuild from the ground up/inside out.

Signing Bridgewater is more in line with the staying in mediocrity ways of the past. Let's keep banging our head against that wall. :bang:
Getting Bridgewater would not hinder Miami building other areas of the team. They can do both.

If he can do that more power to him. We haven't lost anything in the process. As far as we know the Saints are tapped out at 7 Mill a year which is huge for a backup QB. If the Dolphins go 8 or 9 Mill per year I doubt the Saints will offer more.
Right now the Saints are on the hook for 30 Mill/year for Brees. I doubt they want to spend $10 Mill on a backup.
I love that whole narrative! Use the Dolphins to up your deal with another team! So like the Dolphins! Lmao.

It's called business. It's called negotiation. There is no way to function without it.

Obviously if we knew a player had no intention of ever playing here for any amount of money we wouldn't extend an offer, but that isn't reality.

Players negotiate with every team in the NFL all the time, and sign where they sign. That's reality. The teams use the players, the players (agents) attempt to use the teams against one another.

Not a Dolphins thing.

What 3 cars do we have that don't cost much?

Sorry 2 cars - THill will be gone. At least it seems so at this point but you never know.

Agreed about the QB for a year but in this day in age they are releasing the 2020 cars ready to drive.

Getting Bridgewater would not hinder Miami building other areas of the team. They can do both.

If he signed for starter salary there is a possibility Miami loses the 3rd round comp pick next year for losing James. Plus not to mention we use valuable cap space that can be used for 2020 to go along with that new car.

Back
Top Bottom